PDA

View Full Version : Dealer or Private

fatty
7th February 2005, 11:42
I'm currently looking for my first bike I'm in the 250 market and I've been checking on trade me. can anyone tell me how or who to see aout inspections as i don't know that much yet about motorcycle mechanics and the little things to look at when buying used or should i go the dealer route.
:niceone: cheers :niceone:

Midnight 82
7th February 2005, 11:51
:yeah: Ask frosty or other members in your area most these guys seem 2 know a shit load about bikes :yeah:

fatty
7th February 2005, 14:00
Cheers midnight. just stumbling through KB i'm learning heaps of shit i didn't know before

crashe
7th February 2005, 20:08
Yep, keep on reading all the threads on here and you will pick up great pointers from so many in here.

If you spot someone that you think can answer a certain question...PM them.
They will answer you...

Even pm that same person if you spot a bike.
They may be able to have a look at it for you or advise you.

You will find the right bike for you at the right price as well...
:spudwave: :spudwave:

XTC
7th February 2005, 20:26
Fatty - Mt Eden motorcycles do pre purchase checks on motorcycles. If buying privately I would recommend this service. Call them and ask about it. They will explain all.

Milky
7th February 2005, 21:30
Private = cheaper
Dealer = rather expensive at times, especially in the 250 market. You do get after sales service, and they may do deals on gear if you get it at the same time.

If you are confident in maintenance/fixing those minor problems you sometimes get by buying private, and most importantly, if you can get someone who Knows Their Stuff™ to help you in choosing/test riding then buying private can be a great way to go. Very occasionally you can get a lemon, but with the right advice it is avoidable.

fatty
8th February 2005, 09:59
cheers for the advise and encouragement all.
it's refreshing (and probably going to save me some big newbie headaches) to be able to have a resource like KB. you guys seem to have a real good thing going here for all those wanting to be involved. most subculture scenes are normally riddled with bullshit terminology and buggerall substance.