PDA

View Full Version : Hey from Ireland (racerhead)

racerhead
17th November 2008, 10:27
Hey everyone Im living in Ireland at the moment but coming over your way in january for at least a year but hopefully a bit longer. Been having a look around the site and love what I see so far. When I get over Im planning on spending most of the summer just backpacking my way around the north island working in orchards and the like but once Im finish that Im looking to get either a k1-k4 gsxr600 or zx636. I haven't been riding road bikes all that long but have done a few track days and like the look of the taupo track:D
Heres a quick pic of my last bike which I only sold today:( Anyway hopefully meet up with some kb'ers along the way:apint:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/birrdh/DSC_9998.jpg

Mom
17th November 2008, 11:15
Welcome to KB racerhead. Make sure to let us know your travel plans when you get to NZ. We live about an hour north of Auckland, be sure to stop in and say hi on your way north.

Pedrostt500
22nd November 2008, 16:51
welcome to KB, maybe see you on the road some where.

YellowDog
22nd November 2008, 16:58
Hey racehead. I have spent time in the Irish Republic and would say that there are a lot of similarities with New Zealand. NZ rural roads are however a lot better than Irish ones (from my experience); though there is sometimes no road at all, which can be dissapointing @ 80kph.

Provided you can put up with a 'very average' standard of Guinness, you will have a great time.

'bon chance'

racerhead
23rd November 2008, 06:12
Hey racehead. I have spent time in the Irish Republic and would say that there are a lot of similarities with New Zealand. NZ rural roads are however a lot better than Irish ones (from my experience); though there is sometimes no road at all, which can be dissapointing @ 80kph.

Provided you can put up with a 'very average' standard of Guinness, you will have a great time.

'bon chance'

Ha wont be worrying too much about the quality of guinness. Ye the roads over here are a total nightmare so anything has to be better. Cant wait toget over and have a look around and hopefully meet a few kb'ers and do a trackday or 10:D

Trudes
23rd November 2008, 06:27
Hi racerhead, welcome to KB, hope you have a fine time in NZ when you get here!:sunny:

Charlie41
23rd November 2008, 21:56
Welcome!! Let us know when you're in Wellington...

CookMySock
24th November 2008, 05:45
Hey man, you will have a great summer here doing all that. Welcome to KB and to NZ.

Steve

fire eyes
24th November 2008, 14:44
Kia Ora! :hug: :rockon:

racerhead
24th December 2008, 10:01
Woo hoo another 2 weeks till Im on the way:eek:
Cant wait
Happy xmas to all:niceone:

fire eyes
24th December 2008, 10:52
Merry Christmas racerhead :niceone:

racerhead
2nd January 2009, 10:09
:woohoo: :wari: Less than a week now and Ill be on my way over:)

Have myself a Truimph daytona 675 sorted out for myself so cant wait to get out on the road. Have a bit of a job lined up in Hastings aswell but its only a fruit picking job for now but will give me a chance to get settled in.
Ill be in Taupo for the trackdays on the 16 and 17th so come up and say hello:soon:

wbks
2nd January 2009, 11:19
I'll be there on a black zxr250. How much did you get the 675 for?

gixxer-king
4th January 2009, 10:29
welcome aboard matey. gotta say fine beer from over your part of the world, hope you remembered to pack reserves???

Fatt Max
9th January 2009, 22:43
Gidday dude and welcome,

Where abouts in the emerald isle are you? I have big family connections in Tipperary and Cork.

Look forward to seeing you here in NZ

Cheers dude

trump-lady
9th January 2009, 23:14
welcome im in aucks and u always have a place to lay :) Also chch if u need, welcome

trump-lady
9th January 2009, 23:14
I hate warm beer though so dont be coming here with that crap

racerhead
10th January 2009, 16:32
Gidday dude and welcome,

Where abouts in the emerald isle are you? I have big family connections in Tipperary and Cork.

Look forward to seeing you here in NZ

Cheers dude

Was from Offaly but am in Auckland now:banana:

welcome im in aucks and u always have a place to lay :) Also chch if u need, welcome

Hey thanks, Im in a hostel in Auckland for now and heading down the island next week so should be ok. Thanks for the offer though

I hate warm beer though so dont be coming here with that crap

Agahhhhhh :mad: warm beer is not good so no need to worry about that.

Hmmmm speaking of nice ice cold beer, Im off to the bar:2thumbsup

See you all on the road soon enough:niceone:

Moki
13th January 2009, 22:20
Hey Racer,

Give us a shout if you make it down to Levin. I'm married to the Irish mafia and she thought it'd be a good idea! Welcome to stop by!

Later Moki

racerhead
14th January 2009, 19:17
Hey Racer,

Give us a shout if you make it down to Levin. I'm married to the Irish mafia and she thought it'd be a good idea! Welcome to stop by!

Later Moki

Ha cool thanks man:niceone:

rachprice
14th January 2009, 19:27
me too im in levin at the moment, though moving to wellington next friday
Love your old bike...and jealous of the daytona....
have fun in Taupo, Im going to manfield instead

racerhead
14th January 2009, 20:08
me too im in levin at the moment, though moving to wellington next friday
Love your old bike...and jealous of the daytona....
have fun in Taupo, Im going to manfield instead

Ready for more jealousy?????

Im doing Taupo friday and Manfield now on Sunday:woohoo:
So see ya there

rachprice
14th January 2009, 20:21
Ready for more jealousy?????

Im doing Taupo friday and Manfield now on Sunday:woohoo:
So see ya there

ah you bastard! hahaha see you there!
My RGV is being rather temperamental at the moment so I may have my mates RG

racerhead
14th January 2009, 20:48
ah you bastard! hahaha see you there!
My RGV is being rather temperamental at the moment so I may have my mates RG

Ahh the joys of 2 strokes:lol:

rachprice
14th January 2009, 21:23
Ahh the joys of 2 strokes:lol:

Yeah I know....they drive me insane but I love them so....