PDA

View Full Version : Friday 11/02/05 - AKL social meet.

Motoracer
7th February 2005, 14:05
Friday the 11th of Feb '05, Auckland Social Meet

http://www.cockandbull.co.nz/images/pictures/ellerslie_int.jpg http://www.cockandbull.co.nz/images/pictures/ellerslie_ext.jpg

Come along for dinner and drinks at the Ellerslie Cock & Bull Pub at 7.30 PM. This evening is put together after Riff Raff suggested a piss-up, in the name of Riff Raff, Marty, K14, MR and others who have recently acquired their Licences! :2thumbsup Also, I think an Auckland KB night out was needed anyway. :first:

Here's the address:

Cock & Bull, Ellerslie
3 Robert Street
Phone: (09) 579-5592

bugjuice
7th February 2005, 14:21
yeah, I'm up for that.. :apint: :niceone:

Joni
7th February 2005, 14:25
Oh damn!
Looks like I will be in Melbourne...
If for some reason plans change I will be there... but I doubt it!
:confused:

Lord Pac
7th February 2005, 14:45
hey man. Is this for all- fast, medium and slow drinkers? Will the fast ones wait for the medium and slow after every round? Tempted- depending on the pace... :D :drinknsin

Riff Raff
7th February 2005, 14:53
Come along for dinner and drinks at the Ellerslie Cock & Bull Pub at 8.30 PM.
8.30???? Can we make it a bit earlier so I can get some social time in. I have to be up at 4.45 the next morning to get ready for work!!! How about 7 - 7.30ish?

hey man. Is this for all- fast, medium and slow drinkers? Will the fast ones wait for the medium and slow after every round? Tempted- depending on the pace... :D :drinknsin
Suitable for all drinking levels. I will be a nana on the drinking on this occassion!

bugjuice
7th February 2005, 15:03
yeah, I'm not fussed on times.. I'll be there.. on the light stuff tho, I ain't drinkin, just chattin.. still well keen on it tho

dveus
7th February 2005, 15:17
This evening is put together after Riff Raff sugesion for a piss-up in the name of Riff Raff, marty, K14, MR and others who have recently accuired their Licences! :2thumbsup

Hopefully after tomorrow i will be able to add my name to that list, if not it will just have to be a commisirations?(sp) drink :apint:

Riff Raff
7th February 2005, 15:19
Hopefully after tomorrow i will be able to add my name to that list, if not it will just have to be a commisirations?(sp) drink :apint:
Ooh, good luck Mat. Just obey the speed limit and you'll be fine - only 5km over at most just in case you get a prick doing yours!

Lucyloo
7th February 2005, 15:43
Ooooo, a KB meeting at my local!
Guess I'd better toodle on down and say hello.
BTW "Lube" across the road is a much better bar!
Lucyloo.

Motoracer
7th February 2005, 15:58
8.30???? Can we make it a bit earlier so I can get some social time in. I have to be up at 4.45 the next morning to get ready for work!!! How about 7 - 7.30ish?

Done!

Ooooo, a KB meeting at my local!
Guess I'd better toodle on down and say hello.
BTW "Lube" across the road is a much better bar!
Lucyloo.

Is Lube suitable for dinner as well? I have seen the place and it looks more like a bar/club type of a place than a pub. Please correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise, we can always try out both places through the night.

bugjuice
7th February 2005, 16:09
and don't forget - ample parking!!!

Riff Raff
7th February 2005, 16:21
Is Lube suitable for dinner as well?
he he he - only if you use lots and lick it off slowly!!!

Joni
7th February 2005, 16:23

lol - MR you stepped right into that one....
:shake:

Riff Raff
7th February 2005, 16:24
lol - MR you stepped right into that one....
:shake:
there were so many possibilities with that one!

Motoracer
7th February 2005, 16:33

:laugh: :laugh: :niceone: :D

aff-man
7th February 2005, 16:37
hmmmmm ooooooooooooo arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr yeh scurvey dogs might be hearin the sound of the baffleless bike ooooooooooo arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum :apint: :apint:

justsomeguy
7th February 2005, 16:50
I'm in.......

Guys and girls I don't drink. But if you do and you want a designated driver I can pick up and drop off 4 people.:apint:

Two Smoker
7th February 2005, 18:05
Will try to get there guys :niceone: If i drive, that means no drinky for me, but if i walk..........

BigB
7th February 2005, 18:10
As I live only 50m from the Cock & Bull I think I can make the effort to join you for a

:apint: :apint:

Cheers

SPman
7th February 2005, 18:14
Yeah, I'm in - makes a change from Galbraiths or Cardrona. May even have the bike back!

Big Dave
7th February 2005, 18:21
Hmm - I'm walking distance too.
'Probly, then'.
bd

Devil
7th February 2005, 18:39
Raaaahhh ive got something on then.

Firefight
7th February 2005, 19:33
would love to have come, however, due to an unfortunate event in the not so distant past,(myself and some co workers were barred from the C&B) cannot, would be keen on the after pub party which no doubt will be at Sue's place.

F/F

Riff Raff
7th February 2005, 19:55
would love to have come, however, due to an unfortunate event in the not so distant past,(myself and some co workers were barred from the C&B) cannot, would be keen on the after pub party which no doubt will be at Sue's place.F/F
Go in disguise - I've got some dresses if you want to wear one!!!
Sadly no after pub party at my place as I have to be at work at 6am. So haul your arse to the pub - they won't remember you, surely?

Motoracer
7th February 2005, 20:11
So haul your arse to the pub

Yep, you tell em Sue!!

If you are barred there and you go in anyway, what's the worst that can happen anyway?

Mr Skid
7th February 2005, 20:27
would love to have come, however, due to an unfortunate event in the not so distant past,(myself and some co workers were barred from the C&B) cannot, would be keen on the after pub party which no doubt will be at Sue's place.

F/F

Did you get a bit carried away and start salting stranger's drinks as well as your co-workers? :shifty:

k14
7th February 2005, 21:00
Lol, didn't even celebrate it myself. My nice green licence appeared in the mail today actually.

Have a good one guys.

Milky
7th February 2005, 21:18
would love to have come, however, due to an unfortunate event in the not so distant past,(myself and some co workers were barred from the C&B)

Would this incident have anything to do with bananas? :wari:

avgas
7th February 2005, 21:40
Why does that ring a bell?????
HmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Oh well i'll turn up till i get an agrovated txt/call from someone who i have just pissed off by not doing something on the 11th.
Hope to stay for at least 30 though. Wont be drinking much though - im too reckless when drunk :2thumbsup , mr [insert tyre brand here], usually makes alot of money when i drink and ride.
.....Still cant remember what im suppose to do on the 11th, its getting concerning.

FROSTY
7th February 2005, 21:49
yadda yadda yadda---what friggin time --given that CAB totally rocks full on a friday night

enigma51
7th February 2005, 21:53
Im in log it in the events calender

Lucyloo
8th February 2005, 07:20
Done!

Is Lube suitable for dinner as well?

I wont try and compete with the other replies to this question......

Lube doesn't do food at all, so the CAB is probably the best place to meet....but Mark and Sam make the BEST cocktails in the world......(so I"m told) :niceone:

Lucy.

Firefight
8th February 2005, 11:47
Would this incident have anything to do with bananas? :wari:

No Milky, but a fair amount of rum was involved, it was a younger co worker that got us barred, we just did the solidarity (?sp) thing, and it back fired on us. not the pubs fault, it was our doing we deserved to get barred, time to grow up I think.

F/F

Firefight
8th February 2005, 11:50
Go in disguise - I've got some dresses if you want to wear one!!!
Sadly no after pub party at my place as I have to be at work at 6am. So haul your arse to the pub - they won't remember you, surely?

Thanks for the offer, but I think Glen and Chris are the guys who like wearing dresses.they may get jealous..

F/F

dveus
8th February 2005, 11:59
Ooh, good luck Mat. Just obey the speed limit and you'll be fine - only 5km over at most just in case you get a prick doing yours!

Well that was almost too easy, I spent longer sitting a VTNZ than I did out on the road riding. Then after my 5 minute ride around the block, I pulled over and the testing officer showed me a bunch of photos of bikes he had on his digital camera, seemed to want to talk more than test so I was happy with that.

Mat.

Firefight
8th February 2005, 14:34
:angry2: SM:Pokey: F/F

F/F :ar15: SM

F/F :kick: SM

SM :bash: F/F

erik
8th February 2005, 19:52
I'll be there :), but no alcohol for me since I'll be riding and only have my restricted license.

Dodgyiti
9th February 2005, 08:12
I will try and make it, maybe on the bike if all goes well this week.
One question:
I know it will be busy on Friday night, but do you recon I will get a seat OK?

The Westie C&B is chocka on a Friday is all

Riff Raff
9th February 2005, 16:51
Well that was almost too easy, I spent longer sitting a VTNZ than I did out on the road riding. Mat.
Well done Mat. So are you gonna upgrade your bike? You up for some evening rides etc when I get the new bike?

I will try and make it, maybe on the bike if all goes well this week. I know it will be busy on Friday night, but do you recon I will get a seat OK?
IF there isn't one, I will use my special glare on people to make them give it up for you!!! It's truly terrifying!

dveus
9th February 2005, 18:23
Well done Mat. So are you gonna upgrade your bike? You up for some evening rides etc when I get the new bike?

No upgrade for me, sadly its only a restricted licence. Im always up for evening rides, gotta make the most of this good weather.

And to somewhat stay on topic, anyone decided on a time to meet up on friday?

Riff Raff
9th February 2005, 18:25
And to somewhat stay on topic, anyone decided on a time to meet up on friday?
About 7pm ish. I won't be staying late as I have to be up at some ungodly hour in the morning to go to work on Saturday. Do you want a lift Mat?

Wonko
10th February 2005, 22:51
Have a good night you lot, won't be able to make it this time.

Riff Raff
11th February 2005, 07:27
I will be there but a slight change of plans from the PM Riffy.. I have to work my "other job" on friday and finish at 1930 hrs.. so will drive...arrrgh and will be a tad late. Then work at my real job early saturday.. so no drunken debauchery here...

just sober debauchery..
No worries. If you see Two Smoker at your other job could you give him a lift down, otherwise we might not see him!

bugjuice
11th February 2005, 12:29
this is still the Cock & Bull tonight..??
just askin, just incase it had changed where I didn't read it, and I wasn't sat in the back all on me own..

Motoracer
11th February 2005, 13:10
just askin, just incase it had changed where I didn't read it, and I wasn't sat in the back all on me own..

Yep still on, same place and time.

Riff Raff
11th February 2005, 13:11
Yep it's still there. See you tonight! :banana:

Riff Raff
11th February 2005, 15:23
Yay - Don't forget to come along tonight everyone
:wari: :banana: :spudbooge :wari: :banana: :spudbooge

erik
11th February 2005, 21:19
Well, I just got back home after leaving the event slightly earlier than I perhaps should have :doh: . It turned out I didn't need to move my bike for Dr Bob to get out, but since I was already out there in the rain and had said bye, I just carried on my way.
Good news is my new Dririder pants work brilliantly, they survived the downpour from Ellerslie back to west auckland without letting much, if any, water through. Unfortunately, my gloves, boots, and jacket still all leak... ;) I'll have to sort at least the jacket out before uni starts.

It was good seeing ya's. :)

Goddess of Goof
11th February 2005, 22:16
:spudguita What a rockin' lot you are ........ specially the gals and guys who like to get out on the dancefloor and groooooove to the band......:spudguita

Bikers with class, not arse.....!

Heya Riff Raff - waiting for new bike, Frostie - "What does he put in his coffee?" and Hawaiian shirt clad Papparazzi to name a few. Beer mats were flipped with consumate style - well it was too wet outside for burnouts - gotta do something with the time.

Once is not enough :apint:

Want to do it again :yeah:

Where's next ?

FROSTY
11th February 2005, 22:35
coffee--me coffee?? ya should see me when Im feeling enerjetic lol

wari
12th February 2005, 08:41
HOw'd I miss this ... I dont norm-ally missa thingk ... :spudwhat:

:wari:

Joni
12th February 2005, 08:48
HOw'd I miss this ... I dont norm-ally missa thingk ... :spudwhat:

:wari:

Next Time Wari!!!!!

I think its time to dance again.... :spudbooge :spudbooge

:2thumbsup

wari
12th February 2005, 08:53
Next Time Wari!!!!!

I think its time to dance again.... :spudbooge :spudbooge

:2thumbsup

I Wondrr about myself .. nottas sharpas I used to be ... :spudwhat:

:spudguita :wari: :spudguita

Motoracer
12th February 2005, 11:15
Cheers for coming guys and gals. Had a ball. We'll have another one next month too.

Catch ya!

Riff Raff
12th February 2005, 13:37
Good night - 19 people turned up which was great. We managed to get a large area to ourselves - as more KBers turned up people who had originally been sitting in our area started moving off - we didn't even have to fart to get rid of them!!!
Great to meet new faces. Hope to see you all out on a ride soon.

Lucyloo
12th February 2005, 20:39
- as more KBers turned up people who had originally been sitting in our area started moving off - we didn't even have to fart to get rid of them!!!

Are you sure you didn't let out a little sneaky one riff? :D

Was great to meet some more KBers.
Looking forward to doing it again.
Luce.

warewolf
12th February 2005, 22:09
Cheers for coming guys and gals.

Yeah, sorry I didn't spend more time ... that is, more than 3 minutes :-( ... with the kb crew... got side-tracked by a couple of regulars until it was time for me to split. Will catch up next month, or on a ride sometime.

Glad to see quite a few more bikes parked up by the time I left, despite the rain. It was looking a bit thin when I arrived.

Hope people didn't get too wet on the ride home. Since home for me is only a few minutes away, I wore my civvies and my jeans got a bit damp on the way home, mostly from the sheepskin seatcover. I walk in the door and my wife says, "must've been an exciting ride home, looks like you p!ssed yourself?!"

LOL!

Cheers,
Colin