17th November 2008, 18:30
Anyone know when the boys are due home?

quallman1234
17th November 2008, 23:14
20th i think i heard?

-Kyle.

Shaun
18th November 2008, 05:51
Has there even been a report from him for all the people that supported his opportunity?

Nasty
18th November 2008, 05:56
Has there even been a report from him for all the people that supported his opportunity?

I am sure there will be one once they have full system access ...

saul
18th November 2008, 06:00

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=85692&highlight=portugal

I would say that they have been very busy:yes:

Quasievil
18th November 2008, 06:16
Doesnt look like he made it :weep:

Invited riders from Final Selection Event:
Robin Barbosa (FRA)
Brad Binder (RSA)
Xavier Figueiras (ESP)
Taylor Mackenzie (GBR)
Alexander Kristiansson (SWE)
Manuel Pardo (ITA)
Alex Rins (ESP)
Fraser Rogers (GBR)
Arthur Sissis (AUS)
Provisional 2009 Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup Entry List
Robin Barbosa (FRA)
Brad Binder (RSA)
Deane Brown (GBR)
Kevin Calia (ITA)
Alessio Cappella (ITA/NGR)
Xavier Figueiras (ESP)
Hayden Gillim (USA)
Daijiro Hiura (JPN)
Taylor Mackenzie (GBR)
Nelson Major (FRA)
Florian Marino (FRA)
Dylan Mavin (AUS)
Leandro Mercado (ARG)*
Jakub Kornfeil (CZE)
Alexander Kristiansson (SWE)
Manuel Pardo (ITA)
Alex Rins (ESP)
Fraser Rogers (GBR)
Daniel Ruiz (ESP)
Mathew Scholtz (RSA)
Arthur Sissis (AUS)
Benny Solis (USA)
Harry Stafford (GBR)
Nico Thöni (AUT)
* TBC

<!-- end #sectioncontent -->

portokiwi
18th November 2008, 06:32
:hug: He wpuld have done his best and thats all that matters. Hope he diddnt ride too many portuguese bikes:devil2: might end up with a rash:lol:
The girls there are HOT

CHOPPA
19th November 2008, 21:59
:hug: He wpuld have done his best and thats all that matters. Hope he diddnt ride too many portuguese bikes:devil2: might end up with a rash:lol:
The girls there are HOT

From what i got when i asked what his expectations were I thought he would have been drafted straight into a gp ride

discodan
20th November 2008, 10:23
Considering the level of competition and experience that the european riders must have, he did well just to get over there.

The other guys would have spent thier whole lives on bikes and competing in local championships, there are more opportunities overseas.

Not sure what else can be done about it next year but there are other routes to get into proffessional racing, this is just a barrier to test how much he wants it :first:

Colapop
20th November 2008, 10:49
Just briefly... They are due to walk in the door tomorrow (21st) after flying into Wgtn from Christchurch.
Luke did really well and finished near the top in terms of placings. The first day was crap weather and the re-ride was well received by all. AJ has made some good contacts and hopefully these will pan out and Luke will have an opportunity or two to get overseas. AJ has been working as hard off the track as Luke has on it. The strippers over there will never be the same!!

The dogs will be glad he's back... :hug:

scuzeme
20th November 2008, 14:26
Nothing that was ever worth having ever came easy, this is just just part of experience of "getting there" hope he doesnt come back feeling bad about not meeting everyones and his own expectations what he does with this experience will be a true test of character.

Luke..good on ya for giving it a go there will be other opportunities for you, dont get down hearted just keep going, keep chipping away and you will reach the summit mate.

Genestho
21st November 2008, 08:23
What a fantastic opportunity for Luke, and it was a pleasure to have been able to help in some way..

This is just a taste of how life is, to succeed you need to suck it up, accept defeat with success, and dont let it be a barrier towards your goals.

Well done little buddy! Never give up:2thumbsup