PDA

View Full Version : "Biker aware" cage stickers

SpankMe
7th February 2005, 14:44
Not a bad idea this for the cage drivers here. Anyone want to have a go at designing one for KB cagers and I'll will get some printed next time I get the KB stickers printed.

toads
7th February 2005, 15:26
Not a bad idea this for the cage drivers here. Anyone want to have a go at designing one for KB cagers and I'll will get some printed next time I get the KB stickers printed.

awesome sticker put me down for a couple please

Blakamin
7th February 2005, 15:36
Good idea for the non-riding spouses, commuter vehicles etc, who actually see bikers.... same in yellow and black... twice as big and with the logo.. (no one has ever noticed the 2 KB stickers on the mrs' Lantis)

Yokai
7th February 2005, 16:32
Here : Try this -

Riff Raff
7th February 2005, 16:34
I like it!

Waylander
7th February 2005, 16:34
My vote goes with Yokai:niceone:

Blakamin
7th February 2005, 16:50
Farqin cool, Yokai !!!!!!!!!

Big enuff to stand out and has the logo!!! you da man (for an ex-longhaired pom :shake: )

Skunk
7th February 2005, 16:56
I like the design Yokai.

How about wording it to tie in with the ACC campaign?

Something like:
Look out for bikes
I do
drive safe = ride safe
www.kiwibiker.co.nz

Would that work? Would the words get too small?
If you use capitals on the first letters only it's easier to read without reading it... at the expense of impact. (See it or read it?)

Holy Roller
7th February 2005, 17:06
:2thumbsup :niceone: AWESOME :niceone: :2thumbsup

Warren
7th February 2005, 21:10
Would that work? Would the words get too small?
If you use capitals on the first letters only it's easier to read without reading it... at the expense of impact. (See it or read it?)

It is far easier to see pictures/symbols than read words unless the person reading it is right behid at the traffic lights. Prehaps a bike outline in the background with the words on top.

[edit]
Here is my very amateur attempt (in pink):
http://www.ws.net.nz/photos/su.png

Skunk
7th February 2005, 21:36
Does this work?

Warren
7th February 2005, 21:48
this is my best attempt yet:

http://www.ws.net.nz/photos/mcmcmc.jpg

Slim
8th February 2005, 06:19
Aren't there already "look out for bikes" stickers out there referring to cyclists?

I'm liking Skunk's update on Yokai's design, but the KB logo just becomes a yellow blur. Unfortunately, I've not got the imagination to come up with something different. :calm:

Sniper
8th February 2005, 07:02
Nice work guys, I look forward to the finished product.

I was on my way to work this morning and I was following a bike (Ninja something) and I kept my distance even when he slowed. Bloody nice bugger then pulled over and followed me into work when I got in to thank my for not tailgating him. I told him that I rode too and I know how bloody irritating it is.

Pays to have those stickers

Sniper

hobdar
9th February 2005, 13:32
Heres is another thought.....

hobdar
9th February 2005, 13:34
:angry2:
Heres is another thought..... So here we go mark II with attachment

Skunk
9th February 2005, 13:43
Nice. Message won't mean anything with bikes without pillions though... (nit picking)
Good. Keep them coming...

DarkNinja
9th February 2005, 14:03
I figure probably the best way these will make an impact is when people are in traffic, they would tend to read it and then think 'huh, i might just try that for today'
So you could have: Shutup and keep left, im coming through :P
Seriously good stuff so far though guys. i would design one, but im so 'designed' out from school :S
DN

SpankMe
9th February 2005, 14:23
Needs to be just two colors to keep the price down. Also prefer a yellow background with black text. I also like the wording of the one I started with. It just needs our logo and address.

hobdar
9th February 2005, 14:25
Yeah i was thinking of putting that on loved ones cars/cages?

I had a few thoughts for a smaller sticker for bikes but gotta work out something witty.............Medium Sized Round ones.....rather than a full on car sticker that would suck on a nice bike....

I dunno something like watch me or i might fall off....

"Don't hit me i will, damage your car"....

ah man are these lame....k....thinking about it if i come up with something half decent will post again

GixerBoy
9th February 2005, 14:35
Hi here is a quick idea, can change it a bit if any suggestions.

Skunk
9th February 2005, 15:00
Knowing my reading skills I'd like to check - these are for on cages, not bikes eh?
If that's right my suggestion to you GixerBoy is change "beware" to "aware" and "us" to "them". Would that read better? Or worser?

Yokai
9th February 2005, 15:21
Needs to be just two colors to keep the price down. Also prefer a yellow background with black text. I also like the wording of the one I started with. It just needs our logo and address.

I Really Like The Concept and I want it to be taken up - definitely but (and I'm fairly sure that Viffer will concur) there are some communimacation problems with the original wording:

Biker Aware Driver :
a) The Caps make people go "B.A.D"
b) It requires people to understand the subject verb object correlations correctly. Biker Aware is MUCH better as it gives the information without unnecessary parsing of the sentence.

The "I look out...." part:
a) Telling people what they should do is a sure fire way of turning them off from doing it. (there've been studies on this - it's why the LTSA and Police use the shorthand that they do)
b) The "I look out for them" wording would be better if it was "I look out for Motorbikes" or "I look out for Bikes" because the "them" requires understanding of the title. (This is why I went with "looking out for bikes" because it mirrors the ACC thing and is a common slogon style)
c) Watching out for Bikes under the Oracle logo is redundant, it's gonna make people have to get close to read it and adds no further information

Please don't think I'm trying to defend my original (hey - I threw it together in about 3 minutes)... But if we are going to do this, let's do it so that it communicates really effectively?

Moving forward:

2 colors not a problem for the writing - but Yellow with Black writing means that we lose the outline of the biker - is that Ok, SpankMe?
How about Black with Yellow writing? Both of the combinations are high contrast and so don't cause major comms problems.

I've knocked a crap one together... It's Overly Cluttered (tm) but if you want me to I can knock together a decent one...

Skunk
9th February 2005, 15:35
...there are some communication problems with the original wording:Good points Yokai.

I went with the LTSA/ACC wording for that reason. Plus it's already in the conscious of the cage public.

Black on yellow is good too, though a paler yellow would be better for added contrast. That's why I went to white on black with yellow logo (white vinyl sticker - two inks only).

B.A.D. I like it :killingme

You're second one is cluttered but it still works. What do people think...

Quasievil
9th February 2005, 15:40
Hi here is a quick idea, can change it a bit if any suggestions.

Nice work Gixxer Boy, did you do that in company time :2thumbsup

vifferman
9th February 2005, 15:42
a) Telling people what they should do is a sure fire way of turning them off from doing it. (there've been studies on this - it's why the LTSA and Police use the shorthand that they do)
b) The "I look out for them" wording would be better if it was "I look out for Motorbikes" or "I look out for Bikes" because the "them" requires understanding of the title. (This is why I went with "looking out for bikes" because it mirrors the ACC thing and is a common slogon style)
c) Watching out for Bikes under the Oracle logo is redundant, it's gonna make people have to get close to read it and adds no further information

It's Overly Cluttered
Yes to all of that. And I like your design, but.....

It needs to be SIMPLE, so people can read it easily, and NOT preach (they need to make the association themselves, and if they don't, they won't get the message EVER anyway).

Try this:

Hitcher
9th February 2005, 15:44
Everybody with Photoshop thinks they're a designer! Just like everybody with Word thinks they can write...

Let's have a poll and vote on the options.

Blakamin
9th February 2005, 15:50
I'm going for black with yellow writing...
shit, baby on board signs are yellow...
tonys friggin tyres are yellow
AA stickers are yellow...
lets go the other way so people might actually look and think "wonder what that is"

Yokai
9th February 2005, 15:53
Everybody with Photoshop thinks they're a designer! Just like everybody with Word thinks they can write...

Let's have a poll and vote on the options.

Agreed. Lets have a poll ... But can we have full submissions first? Suggest a deadline of Friday 5pm to get the images here, and then we can set up a poll?

Images to be posted in .jpg format of size 654x200px, 2 colors only,
Must feature the following:
1 - The Words Biker Aware
2 - The website address
3 - The Kiwibiker Logo.

Please state in your submission whether this is final rendering or whether you have vector / .tiff versions for submission to the printer.

Is that Ok? Or have I overstepped the mark?

vifferman
9th February 2005, 15:59
Is that Ok? Or have I overstepped the mark?
Yes. No, but Hitcher has. :Pokey:
And it wasn't Photoshop - it was Paintshop. :crybaby:

In any case - if it's designed (or at least decided) by committee, it'll be a failure. Secondly, SpankMe has already indicated what he wants, and that he will cast the deciding vote in any case.

Biff
9th February 2005, 16:04
Very good guys n gals, but I think you'll agree that my attempt is far superior.
It's snappy, eyecatching and to the point.

Thank you.

Skunk
9th February 2005, 16:24
Everybody with Photoshop thinks they're a designer!
Let's have a poll and vote on the options.Nope, but with 21 years in the trade I think I know something... :shake:

A poll was what I was leading too...

Skunk
9th February 2005, 16:26
Yes to all of that. And I like your design, but.....

It needs to be SIMPLE, so people can read it easily, and NOT preach (they need to make the association themselves, and if they don't, they won't get the message EVER anyway).

Try this:That one is good. Just keep the yellow bright. :banana:

Biff
9th February 2005, 22:03
Bright, and with as little text as possible.
I think the Yokai & Viffer designs are excellent. I'd have either.

toads
10th February 2005, 07:35
I Really Like The Concept and I want it to be taken up - definitely but (and I'm fairly sure that Viffer will concur) there are some communimacation problems with the original wording:

Biker Aware Driver :
a) The Caps make people go "B.A.D"
b) It requires people to understand the subject verb object correlations correctly. Biker Aware is MUCH better as it gives the information without unnecessary parsing of the sentence.

Please don't think I'm trying to defend my original (hey - I threw it together in about 3 minutes)... But if we are going to do this, let's do it so that it communicates really effectively?

Moving forward:

2 colors not a problem for the writing - but Yellow with Black writing means that we lose the outline of the biker - is that Ok, SpankMe?
How about Black with Yellow writing? Both of the combinations are high contrast and so don't cause major comms problems.

I've knocked a crap one together... It's Overly Cluttered (tm) but if you want me to I can knock together a decent one...
in the abscence of a poll this one gets my vote, good job yokai

hobdar
10th February 2005, 08:21
What about a stylised car similar to the kiwibiker logo, myu desgin skills suck..so someone else could do it ....but then we could have the car on one side with the kiwi biker on the other...with the Be Biker Aware, With Drive Safe = Ride Safe ...then put the logo somewhere...????

Just a thought i like most of the designs and its a great message to get accross....I vote for Black writing with Yellow letters....go the Hurricanes...

James Deuce
10th February 2005, 08:29
Drop the committee and the poll. Nothing EVER got done quickly or concisely by consensus.

Invert the colours of Yokai's design, use Spankme's words.

Biff
14th February 2005, 15:20
Has a decision been made? Did I win? Or did common sense prevail?
Can we buy some soon?

vifferman
14th February 2005, 15:30
Very good guys n gals, but I think you'll agree that my attempt is far superior.

Thank you.
Hahaha!! Yes indeeed it is!!:2thumbsup

Storm
14th February 2005, 15:42
It does have that "direct" to the point sort of tone doesnt it? Might offend the more pc among us though.
Also, most people dont like the truth- " you want the truth? You cant handle the truth! "

Hitcher
14th February 2005, 16:21
The politically correct shall be first against the wall on the Glorious Day of the Revolution!

MSTRS
14th February 2005, 16:33
What about this

Waylander
14th February 2005, 17:32
What about this
I like that one, simple and to the point, and bright enough for anybody to see.:2thumbsup

gman
14th February 2005, 19:23
ive got a kb sticker on the rear left but i doubt if anyone would see it riding past.
count me in for a new cage sticker too.
:niceone:

Slipstream
14th February 2005, 20:06
Try this:

I love this logo...but I also love Yokai's (?) B.A.D idea....what if you made it say

Biker Aware Driver....

I'll take 4........

bugjuice
15th February 2005, 09:16
this still open for ideas?
I should be working, but hey, look what I was 'working' on..
and my post count has got to the top 10 posters. I really really should get some work done..

Anyway, my little idea. Only a first version, just wanted to see what it'd look like

James Deuce
15th February 2005, 09:24
OOOO nice Bugjuice.

Posh Tourer :P
15th February 2005, 09:51

Thank you.

Perfect. Except you forgot to put "www.kiwibiker.co.nz" on it.... :confused:

:wari: (cos I havent used it yet)

Posh Tourer :P
15th February 2005, 09:56
I like Yokai's first attempt, and Vifferman's black on yellow one. I think the initial sticker that you put on SpankMe, is too cluttered, and fitting all that writing on would be too much.

I prefer yellow on black, but either is good

Blakamin
15th February 2005, 10:18
I prefer yellow on black...
yup.... everything else is tooo yellow... specially on a burgundy cage

James Deuce
15th February 2005, 10:32
Shouty voice on: BUGJUICE'S IS BEST

bugjuice
15th February 2005, 10:34
Shouty voice on: BUGJUICE'S IS BEST
lmao... awww... tanx :yeah:

Blakamin
15th February 2005, 10:34
lmao... awww... tanx :yeah:
can you reverse the colours, just to see what it would look like?

bugjuice
15th February 2005, 10:52
can you reverse the colours, just to see what it would look like?
what, don't you think I have a real job to do..?? geeeezzzz...

actually, I do have a real job, and haven't got time to clearcut the biker logo, or even clean it up, so it's a little rough around the edges.. you get the idea tho

Blakamin
15th February 2005, 10:55
what, don't you think I have a real job to do..?? geeeezzzz...

actually, I do have a real job, and haven't got time to clearcut the biker logo, or even clean it up, so it's a little rough around the edges.. you get the idea tho
I like that one better than the yellow....

and if you have a real job, what are doing answering posts so quickly?

bugjuice
15th February 2005, 10:58
I like that one better than the yellow....

and if you have a real job, what are doing answering posts so quickly?
I'm trying to get a job answer posts.. but I don't know if that'll pay as well..
I have the browser open in the back ground, so when I have to wait for the computer to do something, or I need a distraction for a sec, I pull it up. I shouldn't, but who's gonna stop me. I should stop tho. Are there KBsAnon sessions? I should attend

MSTRS
15th February 2005, 11:05
Here's another & with colours reversed

NC
15th February 2005, 11:06
How about

"biker aware"
"I'm not sexy enough to be a car hood model"

Blakamin
15th February 2005, 11:08
. Are there KBsAnon sessions?
I wish!!!! :apint:

Waylander
15th February 2005, 12:59
b
I should stop tho. Are there KBsAnon sessions? I should attend
If there were me and blakamin would be first in line.:wari:

Slipstream
15th February 2005, 13:02
How about

"I'm not sexy enough to be a car hood model"

I agree...those attachments on the hood they put you on.....real uncomfortable....especially when the car is going 100 on the motorway

...brrrrrrrr....chilly.:cold:

bugjuice
15th February 2005, 13:04
I agree...those attachments on the hood they put you on.....real uncomfortable....especially when the car is going 100 on the motorway

...brrrrrrrr....chilly.:cold:
depends on whatcha wearin at the time..

vifferman
15th February 2005, 13:09
The 4WD-drivingBraindeadMoron who tried to squish me this morning (stuck his indicator on and changed lanes on me without looking) certainly wasn't Biker Aware. In fact, he needed a BikerAwareBootInTheBalls to wake him up. :angry2:

I was watching him carefully, and stuck my thumb on the horn button as soon as he started to move, and also slowed down and moved left. However, by the time he realised the pathetic squeaking was coming from the space he was moving into, I'd almost run out of lane.

Perhaps a Biker Aware sticker nailed to his forehead would help?

warewolf
15th February 2005, 13:32
Definitely a good idea. I've been wanting something like this for a while.

Back in Aussie the Motorcycle Riders Association (MRA) sold stickers with their logo and the words, "Volvo Aware Rider." Fearing my wife would get the doors of the Volvo kicked in as random payback, I rearranged the sticker to say, "Rider Aware Volvo" and put it on the back of the car. After that, she'd get passing riders slow down and give her a thumbs up - and she could then check out the bikes, too.

Then there were the bikers that changed the sticker to say, "Vulva Aware Rider," but that's another story.

Make it simple, contemporary (like the ACC stuff - then they'll look almost "official") and use big letters so it can be read from a safe distance.

Cheers,
Colin

bugjuice
15th February 2005, 13:36
Then there were the bikers that changed the sticker to say, "Vulva Aware Rider," but that's another story.
lmao.. gotta get me one of dem

Biff
15th February 2005, 14:38

Did ya get his registration? If so either report him or track him down and impale a rusty nail through his happy sack.

Motu
15th February 2005, 14:54
The 4WD-drivingBraindeadMoron who tried to squish me this morning (stuck his indicator on and changed lanes on me without looking) certainly wasn't Biker Aware. In fact, he needed a BikerAwareBootInTheBalls to wake him up. :angry2:

I was watching him carefully, and stuck my thumb on the horn button as soon as he started to move, and also slowed down and moved left. However, by the time he realised the pathetic squeaking was coming from the space he was moving into, I'd almost run out of lane.

Was it a blue series one Pajero? was i..um THE DRIVER I mean wearing a wide brim hat? If so,I was now where near Orkland this morning...

seriously - what about 4x4 wheel covers spank,a lot of drivers sit behind with nothing better to do than wait till I'm finished blocking the road...Beep Beep is not really ''me''

ktulu
15th February 2005, 15:00
haha, I've got a paslode if you want to borrow it vifferman

Yokai
15th February 2005, 15:01
Here's another & with colours reversed
Yellow is the best. I don't like the wording "Bike Aware Driver" but I think you have the best up there at the moment... can we change the font to something like Frutiger?

The kiwiBIKER AWARE.co.nz thing is too confusing (it's not bikeraware.co.nz - it's Kiwibiker .co.nz

if you want I'll illustrator that set up for you this week (I've just started the new Job - and I might have some free time!)

vifferman
15th February 2005, 15:02
Did ya get his registration? If so either report him or track him down and impale a rusty nail through his happy sack.
Nah, but he looked at me (apologetically) whilst putting his HeapOCrapHavocMobile back in its lane, so I flashed him various finger signals (i.e., "Please, Sir - do not change lanes again without first looking to see if it's clear.")
He must've misinterpreted my kindly hand gestures to mean, "Feck off, you feckin' eedjit!!", because he dropped WAAAAAY back, to give me plenty of room (like about 200m, by the time I got to the crest of The Coathanger).
Last time I was so pissed off (by a lady who did the same thing), I followed her all the way to where she was going, knocked on her window, told her she was an idiot and shouldn't be allowed to drive a car.:angry2:

MSTRS
15th February 2005, 16:46
Yellow is the best. I don't like the wording "Bike Aware Driver" but I think you have the best up there at the moment... can we change the font to something like Frutiger?

The kiwiBIKER AWARE.co.nz thing is too confusing (it's not bikeraware.co.nz - it's Kiwibiker .co.nz

if you want I'll illustrator that set up for you this week (I've just started the new Job - and I might have some free time!)
I agree that black on yellow is most effective. Whatever words used must be bold, simple, no more than 5 words. Don't like Frutiger, Rotis Sans is better if block font is preferred. I can design as many as you like within above parameters & can supply as a Vector file in EPS, AI, CDR, or similar. This one is really simple

Biff
15th February 2005, 17:57
MSTRS - Nice - I like it. However I asked the wife to have a look and she confirmed my concerns, she thought it meant look at the bike in the picture, after about 20 seconds of thought. I could tell she was thinking because I could smell burning.

I think we need to make a clear statement, something along the lines of "Look out for bikes".

Wolf
27th June 2005, 12:00
Anything been done or being done about this idea? If there are any "Biker Aware" type stickers, I would like to get some for the family cage.

FROSTY
2nd July 2005, 09:57
actually guys I'd be keen to get some double sized KB stickers for LIl Toot
(my race van)
I think we're a tadd slow on this one --ACC did their -watch for bikes stickers awhile ago

MSTRS
2nd July 2005, 11:10
Seems like the CommitteeConcensusMethod has prevailed on this issue as per usual??

FROSTY
2nd July 2005, 11:13
yep committeed to death