PDA

View Full Version : hello and help

awd
7th February 2005, 15:00
Hi all, its taken a while but I eventually got another bike and then found KB. Its a CBR600FS and should do me fine for the hills around Chch. While the weather holds I am looking forward to getting out on some rides with other KBers.

One question for now though, I'm looking for a paddock/swingarm stand; can anyone recommend where I can have a look for one? Seen some reviews for a couple on the site, but the links don't work no more.

Ta
Andrew

White trash
7th February 2005, 15:11
Howdy Andrew.

Good to have you here. The Christchurch bunch seem a nice enough group alyhough stay away from that AaronslowpokeR1 individual. He'll lead you astray.

Cycleworks up here do a pretty sturdy stand at a good price. Doubtfull they'll have a website though.

Might see ya in March. Oh yeah, nice choice of bike.

Riff Raff
7th February 2005, 15:13
Hello and welcome Andrew :spudwave:
You don't have to be insane to fit in here, but it sure helps. :crazy:
Oh and watch out for that Biff Baff fella down there - and for gods sake, don't confuse him with me!

vifferman
7th February 2005, 15:14
Hi all, its taken a while but I eventually got another bike and then found KB. Its a CBR600FS and should do me fine for the hills around Chch. While the weather holds I am looking forward to getting out on some rides with other KBers.

One question for now though, I'm looking for a paddock/swingarm stand; can anyone recommend where I can have a look for one? Seen some reviews for a couple on the site, but the links don't work no more.

Ta
Andrew
Welcome to Kiwi Biker, Andrew! :spudwave:
If you get stuck and can't get one down there, Kerry at Motohaus sells them.

MSTRS
7th February 2005, 15:29
Welcome. Swingarm stands come up regular on Trademe

Blakamin
7th February 2005, 15:43
howzit? welcome.... got any photos???

Joni
7th February 2005, 15:47
Hi...
Welcome to KB!!!
:yeah:

XTC
7th February 2005, 16:52
Doubters.....
www.cycleworks.co.nz/

It's not a great site but it's a site.

XTC
7th February 2005, 16:58
And I found this too....
www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=1929

dangerous
7th February 2005, 17:34
I'm looking for a paddock/swingarm stand; can anyone recommend where I can have a look for one?
Andrew
Hey man, welcome in fella I brought a paddock stand from budget spares for $130 a few years ago for the Guzzi..... I wouldent want to be witout it now, FG do the best stand but at $240 it aint that good.
Keep ya ears/eyes pealed for happening shit in Chch, we are out most w/e

riffer
7th February 2005, 20:29
And I found this too....
www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=1929 (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=1929)

Wow. That review was a while ago. I can't believe I used to have those chicken strips... :confused:

Great stands. Still use mine daily.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure John has got out of the business of making stands now.

outlawtorn
8th February 2005, 08:37
welcome to the madhouse!!

awd
8th February 2005, 09:14
All the welcomes and advice muchly appreciated. I'll be on the phone a bit today I guess seeking the stand.

Gonna get some pics of the bike up so people can recognise me as they whoosh past!

Biff
8th February 2005, 13:28
A Christchurch welcome fella, and a fine choice for a bike. As per the Dangerous ones post - feel free to join us for a ride anytime you like. :spudwave:

TonyB
8th February 2005, 13:49
Hi awd :spudwave: welcome to the weird and wonderful world of KB. Pity you didn't join before last weekend as we did a good ride to Akaroa, but like Dangerous said, there's usually something happening. How long has it been since you last had a bike?

awd
8th February 2005, 14:41
TonyB, been a caged animal for about 2 & half years now since I sold the trusty and muched loved VFR800. Moving countries it wasn't practical to keep really.

Had the CBR for 2 weeks now and lovin' every minute in the seat!

Not always been a Honda person, my 1st bike was a Cagiva Elefant, great for touring but weighed a ton.

TonyB
8th February 2005, 15:36
my 1st bike was a Cagiva Elefant, great for touring but weighed a ton.
Must be something in the name then...
2.5 years is a long time to go without. You must really be loving it :wari:

カワサキキド
8th February 2005, 19:43
Post some photos so we can recognise you on the road.
If you don't have a digital camera, just give me shout.

crashe
8th February 2005, 20:00
Welcome Andrew to KB land.....

All the gals and lads down that way will let you know when they are going riding...

Also keep an eye on the "Meeting's and Event's" section..... rides that are happening are usually always put up there.

:banana: :wari: :spudwave:

Midnight 82
8th February 2005, 21:26
Post some photos so we can recognise you on the road.
If you don't have a digital camera, just give me shout.

:spudwave: Dont get down that way but if I do you will be the first to know.
Stay cool :spudwave: :yeah:

magnum
9th February 2005, 11:55
hi and welcome :wari:

カワサキキド
9th February 2005, 19:42
:spudwave: Dont get down that way but if I do you will be the first to know.
Stay cool :spudwave: :yeah:
Why did you reply??? :spudwhat: I was offering to the dude in Chch who started this thread.
But if you do get down this way, we'll go for a spin over to Akaroa.

awd
13th February 2005, 08:58
Got a couple of pictures of the bike at last :done: so someone may recognise me as they overtake!

Also ordered a swingarm stand after much looking around town.

Thanks for the advice and I look forward to meeting people on rides now. :spudwave:

カワサキキド
13th February 2005, 14:27
Do you work on St Asaph St?

Blakamin
13th February 2005, 14:29
Got a couple of pictures of the bike at last :done:
Very nice!!!!!! gotta love red 'n black together!!!

awd
14th February 2005, 13:32
Do you work on St Asaph St?
Nope, work over in Addington, although there is a clone bike in that area that I've seen. So much for individuality I spose!

sels1
14th February 2005, 14:40
Very nice!!!!!! gotta love red 'n black together!!!

Hey - he's from Christchurch - waddya expect???

Welcome aboard awd

カワサキキド
15th February 2005, 18:43
Nope, work over in Addington, although there is a clone bike in that area that I've seen. So much for individuality I spose!
Then I haven't met you before then. :eyepoke: