PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch bike shops

Upgrader
18th November 2008, 16:50
hELLO ALL

gonna be in Christchurch next week, any Christchurch inmates got recommendations were good bike shops? Road/street/cruiser basically. Thanx

fireliv
18th November 2008, 16:53
Hi Ya

Suggest wandering along the top of Mancester Street (not at night at the other end where the ladies are found;))

There are quite a few there, though I aint the best authority on telling you which ones are good!

Have fun

Jerry74
18th November 2008, 16:57
Depends on what you are looking for...

Trevor Pierce - Ferry Rd
Sportzone Suzuki - Manchester St
Street and Sport Triumph - Manchester St
Hampton Honda - Carmen Rd in Hornby.

These would have to be the best that I have dealt with.

Friendly and knowledgeable.

Stay away from the Honda dealers in manchester st they are pricks.

Jerry74
18th November 2008, 16:58
Rolling thunder if you are into those Harley things

Upgrader
18th November 2008, 18:19
Thanks all

yep Im inta those harley thangs.. but not one ta pass up the opportunity to look at all the other rolling iron.

Jerry74
18th November 2008, 19:45
Thanks all

yep Im inta those harley thangs.. but not one ta pass up the opportunity to look at all the other rolling iron.

Sweet as they are the ChCh agents for Harley and Buell.

I must admit I like the Buells a lot

xgnr
18th November 2008, 20:37
I am biased from many years ago but avoid Hampton's in Hornby. The old man is a right prick.

Jerry74
18th November 2008, 20:56
I am biased from many years ago but avoid Hampton's in Hornby. The old man is a right prick.

He is not there anymore

xgnr
18th November 2008, 21:01
He is not there anymore

Good news, right arsehole he was. Hope the boy(s) turned out different.

Fly_boy
18th November 2008, 21:03
I rekomend street and sport on manchester st they have been real helpfull with pre and after sales service, good bunch of guys :cool:

JMemonic
18th November 2008, 22:36
There is a custom shop in Sydenham on the corner of Wordsworth and Hawden streets if you are into that American iron.

SDU
19th November 2008, 11:40
All the main shops have been covered except for

Just Motorcycles @ Hawke st New Brighton
Always worth a look there & good people.
They deal in mix of bikes & also have hogs

Just look smap them /google them

oh & theres Motor imports direct in Tuam st

robertydog
19th November 2008, 13:41
Just what i needed as i will be there in a couple of weeks to have a look around

Upgrader
19th November 2008, 17:30
Great stuff thanks
I better pack some pesos... boiund toi be buyin opportunities in that lot

Jerry74
19th November 2008, 18:10
No worries mate

fatzx10r
19th November 2008, 18:15
All the main shops have been covered except for

Just Motorcycles @ Hawke st New Brighton
Always worth a look there & good people.
They deal in mix of bikes & also have hogs

Just look smap them /google them

oh & theres Motor imports direct in Tuam st

yeah they have got a good selection of bike's and a wealth of knowledge

robo555
24th November 2008, 19:29
There's Canterbury Rides on Ferry Road as well. Next to Trevor Pierce, Yamaha and BMW dealer.

SpeedMonger
25th November 2008, 20:32
Good news, right arsehole he was. Hope the boy(s) turned out different.

Got my bike from there and have to say that their service and manner has been first rate - wonder I can get paid for this endorsement?

But seriously, I can only reccomend them thus far. The couple of issues I have had are being dealt with without hassle.

Jerry74
25th November 2008, 20:41
Got my bike from there and have to say that their service and manner has been first rate - wonder I can get paid for this endorsement?

But seriously, I can only reccomend them thus far. The couple of issues I have had are being dealt with without hassle.

Have to back you on that.. they are the only shop to go out of their way to want to help...Hamptons are fast becoming one of the best.

Do not even consider CASBOLTS HONDA I would rather be slapped on the cock with a wet jandal than ever shop there.... my god what a bad shop and useless staff.

Jerry74
26th November 2008, 18:11
Motor imports direct and emoto are a wee bit pricey though

Daffyd
26th November 2008, 20:07
Depends on what you are looking for...

Trevor Pierce - Ferry Rd.

Is that 'Canterbury Rides?' I was in there acouple of weeks ago and found them very helpful.

Jerry74
26th November 2008, 20:14
Is that 'Canterbury Rides?' I was in there acouple of weeks ago and found them very helpful.

No Trevor Pierce is a couple of doors down on Ferry Rd.

Canterbury Rides deal Yamaha and BMW not a bad shop

Richi
30th November 2008, 20:53
Do not even consider CASBOLTS HONDA I would rather be slapped on the cock with a wet jandal than ever shop there.... my god what a bad shop and useless staff.

Avoid Norjos at ALL costs. Id rather get slapped in the cock with that same jandal AFTER its hit urs. They are THAT useless. U can ask for some info on a bike and they will let u know u can find it on the net...

Edit: Im actually talking about asking for info on a bike they are SELLING in the showroom

Jerry74
1st December 2008, 13:31
Avoid Norjos at ALL costs. Id rather get slapped in the cock with that same jandal AFTER its hit urs. They are THAT useless. U can ask for some info on a bike and they will let u know u can find it on the net...

Edit: Im actually talking about asking for info on a bike they are SELLING in the showroom

Yep have to agree there too, got my kawa from them, bald tyres, missing bolts, voltage regulator died soon after buying.

Needless to say with enough moaning they fixed it all.

I would not shop there again.

Richi
1st December 2008, 18:42
"oh no you didnt take it to norjos....!?" - After I had taken it there...too late haha

got her back 5 weeks later on a service and misteriously now has an oil leak. MINT.

A random dude i started talkin 2 on a new triumph speed triple said his 1st bike was a brand new ninja from there. Took it in for its first service and they said he'd have to leave it the WHOLE day wtf. He ended up riding out to rakaia to get it serviced they did it str8 away

robo555
2nd December 2008, 22:42

So, any recomendation if one is in Christchurch and wants to get a Kawasaki?

Haven't been inside Norjos 'cos it was closed on a weekend, but looked in the window and saw most of the bikes had signs saying "Do not sit on it", wtf? :blink:

PhoenixNinja
2nd December 2008, 22:47
Yea Casbolt Honda are real Shite!!!!!!! tried selling me a 94 Virago 250 with a dent in the tank, bent rear spokes and scratches up the muffler. for $5000

cough cough, found the same bike but a 95 at Trevor pierce for $4990
in what i could say is mint condition.

so yeah all in all, F*** Casbolt Honda:argh:

The Lone Rider
2nd December 2008, 23:07

Hampton's has been very good to me, although very pricey.

There is a custom shop in Sydenham on the corner of Wordsworth and Hawden streets if you are into that American iron.

Radical Customs, and there bikes are Pro Street kit set bikes they put together. However they apparently are excellent Harley mechanics and not pricks like Wayne from Rolling Thunder.

Havn't used them myself, but when bike gets back from paint end of this week I'm going to take in a front fender and see if they can modify it for me.

Norjos - ok work but they fucked up part of my body work while working on the engine and never mentioned it, and I ended up finding out a month down the track when I was stripping bike down for unrelated thing

Casbolts - overpriced, for custom/aftermarket cruiser bits I found them completely useless

Trevor Pierce - greedy arse, more interested in selling bikes. Not impressed with service. Very mixed bag.

Sportzone - haven't delt with them but they have screwed over 3 different guys in my club - Water in brake system, fucking up installing aftermarket pipes, and lastly constantly ordering wrong parts then pissing off the part supplier who then wouldn't send the part to them anymore and then SPZ deciding they didnt need the part and sent the "broken" one to an engineer who repaired it (this was a 2-4 month ordeal!) then giving the bike back with a flat battery.

Haven't been inside Norjos 'cos it was closed on a weekend, but looked in the window and saw most of the bikes had signs saying "Do not sit on it", wtf? :blink:

Um.. i think that might be because of one of my GFs who decided while I was haggling for parts, to go sit on a bike she liked the look of, and domino effect............ :doh:

Uh.. shes not with me.....

awayatc
3rd December 2008, 00:11
Another 2 pesos worth:
Got my bike from "just Motorcycles" in brighton, and am very happy with bike and service.
Friendly and helpfull , good selection of wel priced bikes and a very busy workshop.....
Would happily buy there again.

JMemonic
3rd December 2008, 00:59
Trevor Pierce - greedy arse, more interested in selling bikes. Not impressed with service. Very mixed bag.

Hmm ok I snipped a bit out here but man I really wonder here about this I guess its different strokes for different folks but these guys have been and are always good to me, in fact they actually told me to buy my bike elsewhere when I told then what I was looking at and its price, then have helped me out no end when I needed parts and gear, they even organised demo product from suppliers to see if they could get gear to fit my pillion.

Sure they are interested in selling you a bike if that's what you go in looking for, but they will service your bike and are not just parts fitters, they will try and repair you parts if they can at a cheaper price, if that is what you want.

The Lone Rider
3rd December 2008, 09:49
Hmm ok I snipped a bit out here but man I really wonder here about this I guess its different strokes for different folks but these guys have been and are always good to me, in fact they actually told me to buy my bike elsewhere when I told then what I was looking at and its price, then have helped me out no end when I needed parts and gear, they even organised demo product from suppliers to see if they could get gear to fit my pillion.

Sure they are interested in selling you a bike if that's what you go in looking for, but they will service your bike and are not just parts fitters, they will try and repair you parts if they can at a cheaper price, if that is what you want.

That place was a mixed bag for me. One day would rip me off, another day completely uninterested in having anything to do with customer, and only consistency I found was if I was looking at bikes they had a pen and paper in hand and all in my face. Having bought two bikes off them, I'd had expected better service when inquiring for tires and replacement shocks.

BADGRL
3rd December 2008, 22:31
Emoto have one of Stroud's ex mechanics and he knows his sh*t, fully recommend. They've just decked out their store with a new range of jackets, boots, helmets etc. New shipment of bikes have just come in for xmas and get this... even have a dyno :woohoo:

fatzx10r
4th December 2008, 03:09
Emoto have one of Stroud's ex mechanics and he knows his sh*t, fully recommend. They've just decked out their store with a new range of jackets, boots, helmets etc. New shipment of bikes have just come in for xmas and get this... even have a dyno :woohoo:

there must be a few of stroud's old bike's floating about up that way. there was one of his old gsxr's at just motorcycle's aswell

Solo
8th December 2008, 19:03
......Do not even consider CASBOLTS HONDA I would rather be slapped on the cock with a wet jandal than ever shop there.... my god what a bad shop and useless staff.

Just saw this thread and have to comment. I've had only good experience with Casbolts so far. Fair priced trade-in on a new bike, helpful people at the counter, sourcing and expert fitting of after-market mufflers by the workshop, and no hassle warranty claims which were quickly sorted. I’ve been in some of the other shops mentioned above and been totally ignored so I do most of my shopping with Casbolts.

Jerry74
12th December 2008, 19:53
Each to their own... depends on who you are and what day or salesperson you strike...

I have heard of dozens of people who would rather log a big bag of dog shit at Casbolts than even enter the shop...

Trevor Pierce managed to source me a new Pirelli tyre for about $50 cheaper than anywhere else in Chrischurch.

Let the buyers beware, take the time to chat to people and shop around.

Molly
9th January 2009, 21:20
I've found Lindsay Williamson of ChCh Motorcycles really easy to deal with and I'd recommend him. Eric Woods (now Rolling Thunder) have been helpful too. The Triumph dealership is much improved due to a new owner / partner.

I was disappointed with the service at the Suzuki dealership and the half-arsed standard of prep on my wife's new learner bike.

LBD
10th January 2009, 04:54
Each to their own... depends on who you are and what day or salesperson you strike...

I have heard of dozens of people who would rather log a big bag of dog shit at Casbolts than even enter the shop...

Trevor Pierce managed to source me a new Pirelli tyre for about $50 cheaper than anywhere else in Chrischurch.

Let the buyers beware, take the time to chat to people and shop around.

Yup each to his own, I am picking up my third bike from Casbolts in a couple of weeks, any complaints I may have with them would only be picky. They have honered a couple of warranty issues no questions. This next bike has been ordered and moded sight unseen so heres hoping....

Hamel
23rd January 2009, 14:40

Ditto, have always found Robin to be great, he's run the most professional operation in Christchurch for years, always has time to chat; top bloke. Shame he doesn't have the Aprilia franchise anymore, else I'd have considered buying one off him. Though I've heard great things about eMoto and Rennie there seems to really knows his stuff.