PDA

View Full Version : Kaitoke Racing update

nudemetalz
19th November 2008, 19:53
Hiya,

Had lunch with Gary from the Kart Club today. We discussed a lot of key points about the future of racing at Kaitoke.
General consensus of the Karters is that everything went well last Sunday and they're very happy with us.
So,...we have a future at Kaitoke Raceway !!!

Alrighties -
What I discussed was -

- That the best way to manage racing there is to incorporate with the kart days. That way we have flag marshalling and lap scoring, we can do prize-giving but have to organise it within ourselves, however they present it at the end of the day with the kart ones.
They said since we a bit slower and our bikes are quite different, they would be able to lap-score easier than the Karts.

- We'll do 6 meetings a year, this alternating with the Slipway. Figured 2 meetings a month is too much for us, esp in these hard financial times.
But we'll do a GP or 2 a year as well there. He was happy with this.

- We can get the use of the track for testing, just need to become members. It's $120 per year but since the race meeting fees drop from $45 to $35 you essentially get $60 of it back.
You can still race without being a member but it will cost $45 and you won't be able to to the testing etc. I reckon it's a great investment.

- I'll become a Senior Associate member, which means I'll attend their committee meetings (but won't be able to vote, no biggy). I can relay all the feedback from the bucketeers.

- We'll run 2 classes, A & B. He was okay with this and reckoned it could be fitted into the race schedule, even if it may mean 8 lap races instead of 10, no biggy !! I said we would have prob 6-8 in A and 10-12 in B (after getting the word out more)

- Scrutineering will have to continue as it was last meeting, hope everyone is okay with this.

I still want us to do the Slipway because I know how much work Bayden has put into it and I don't want to step on any toes.

What does everyone think ?

speedpro
19th November 2008, 20:16
I think we need more people like you

James Deuce
19th November 2008, 20:19
Well done chap. They used to hate us in the olden days. You've done a brilliant job there.

nudemetalz
19th November 2008, 20:26
Thanks guys :)

richban
19th November 2008, 20:30
I had a fantastic time out there and would love to do more. All I can think about is all the things I did wrong, and how much faster I want to go next time. I really appreciate all the work Bayden has done and the help he and all you bucket mad men and woman have given me. Being able to blat around the slipway on the scooter gave me a good look at the bucket sean and now I am total addict. Thanks to you all. The more tracks in the back yard the better. Great job on getting us there. you have my vote.

Cheers Rich

Kendog
19th November 2008, 20:53
Everything you suggest sounds perfect to me. It really is a great day there with the kart guys and the track is awesome.

Thanks for putting in the hard yards.

koba
19th November 2008, 20:59
Everything you suggest sounds perfect to me. It really is a great day there with the kart guys and the track is awesome.

Thanks for putting in the hard yards.

+1

tenchar

nudemetalz
19th November 2008, 21:01
Glad you guys like it so much. It so rewarding watching all the tired but elated faces after the end of a hard days racing out there.
Listening to Bayden in the clubrooms though,...ummm... :eek:

VasalineWarrior
19th November 2008, 21:07
Havent ridden Kaitoke yet so will reserve judgement till then. Sounds good though

Skunk
19th November 2008, 21:14
Great work Nudemetalz. Thanks for all the hard work you put in to get this done. As Speedpro says - we need more like you.

Buddha#81
19th November 2008, 21:23
Souf Islanders allowed? I can see a trip happening soon. Ride the buckets onto the boat and someone pick us up........cheap trip!

nudemetalz
19th November 2008, 21:24
Souf Islanders allowed? I can see a trip happening soon. Ride the buckets onto the boat and someone pick us up........cheap trip!

Yeah well Skunk has a 9 bike trailer (I think 9) so something could be arranged. Perfect venue for a GP :)
(Oh yes I'm a born and bred Cantab anyway so I would make it happen ;) )

fi5hy
19th November 2008, 21:28
Mate your a F**kin legend It's going to be great.:wari:

Skunk
19th November 2008, 21:28

8 bikes. More if they're shitty. At least another two in the van.

What time and day are you coming up?

Buddha#81
19th November 2008, 21:34
be next year some time.....well need to set a date that does not clash......we are all but finished down here untill Mayish next year and will have to survive on the good people at M/C Canterbury letting us run with Streetstocks. Let us know the Kaitoke dates when they are set and well get a crew up there. Farken Cool!

Kendog
19th November 2008, 21:37
be next year some time.....well need to set a date that does not clash......we are all but finished down here untill Mayish next year and will have to survive on the good people at M/C Canterbury letting us run with Streetstocks. Let us know the Kaitoke dates when they are set and well get a crew up there. Farken Cool!

I think a GP including the South Island riders would be good on your anniversary day. That way you have an additional day to get home.
But it looks like that is on the 13th of November, is that right?

koba
19th November 2008, 21:42
14th by my calender...

Kendog
19th November 2008, 21:44
14th by my calender...

14th is this year and has already been. I was looking at next year for them.

koba
19th November 2008, 21:48
14th is this year and has already been. I was looking at next year for them.

oh.
I think I need sleep.
Good thinking tho batman!

nudemetalz
19th November 2008, 21:54
We can sort it out no worries :)

bungbung
20th November 2008, 08:17
Great work Chris, it's a great track.
Kudos to Bayden too, without him buckets would be non-existent in Wellington.

Trudes
20th November 2008, 08:44
Great feedback Chris, thanks for all your hard work in organising this, looking forward to having another go!

Nasty
20th November 2008, 09:55
Fantastic work there Chris .. well done.

Pumba
20th November 2008, 10:59
Fantastic work nudes, speedpro summed it up quite nicley :2thumbsup.

I am sure if you guys are holding a nice big event down there on this new fantastic new facility I am quite sure there would be one or two of us northern lot willing to make the treck south. The track looks like soooooooooo much fun, bank balance willing I know I would be keen.

And besides we cant let these southerners have all the fun

Number One
20th November 2008, 17:30
YAY Nudey! Thanks for all your hard work and gentle negotiations...looking forward to trying the fiddy out there :blip:

Buddha#81
20th November 2008, 20:55
I am quite sure there would be one or two of us northern lot willing to make the treck south.

Tri Nations Test!

Pumba
20th November 2008, 20:59
Tri Nations Test!

Now I like the sound of that :niceone:

nudemetalz
20th November 2008, 21:14
Thanks again, ya lot :)

hmm,..Northern vs Central vs SI sounds good actually :Punk:

Buddha#81
21st November 2008, 06:21
Thanks again, ya lot :)

hmm,..Northern vs Central vs SI sounds good actually :Punk:

Fark I don't, us Mainlanders will be at a dissadvantage on kart tracks (we dont get the opportunity) What gearing do the FXR guys run up there?

Still it would be a good excuse for a road trip. Reasonably cheap if we dont need to bring cars across.....2 day series, camp at the track? You guys work on a date and I'll get a crew togeather from the Souf.

Skunk
21st November 2008, 07:42
There's no need to camp at the track...

Sketchy_Racer
21st November 2008, 07:43
Fark I don't, us Mainlanders will be at a dissadvantage on kart tracks (we dont get the opportunity) What gearing do the FXR guys run up there?

And the southerner excuses start already. Shit man, you sounds more and more like dangerous by the day :laugh:

It's a track, its got straights, then these funny wiggly things after the straights (when I figure out how to maneuver the wiggly things without falling off, i'll get back to you)

nudemetalz
21st November 2008, 08:12
As far as gearing goes, I would think you'd probably not go any faster then 100 km/h down the straight. So Ruapuna gearing would be a tad tall me thinks.
Why I'm giving this top-secret info away is anyones guess ..... :argh:

Skunk
21st November 2008, 08:24
Why I'm giving this top-secret info away is anyones guess
Because it's in the spirit of the class - that's why.
I'm not getting into top gear anywhere on the track (4 speed remember) and that gearing was OK at Ruapuna. Richban would be the one to ask about FXR gearing.

nudemetalz
21st November 2008, 08:31
I was only p/t ing !!!!!
If I had an FXR I'd happily divulge.

For anyone who's running a Loncin I'm running 14-54 and peaking in top going both directions (actually a little under-geared going clockwise)

F5 Dave
21st November 2008, 08:35
Only just seen this thread (heavens -I must be working at work!:confused:)

Awesome, this is a great track. Bit of a drag with the early start & the waits for the races, but still not as bad as big bike racing.

If we can do a few of these & then pop for a day(weekend) by ourselves we could run a 2hr & maybe one day a proper GP.

:done:

nudemetalz
21st November 2008, 08:39
That's the plan. Great venue for a 2 hour.
We'd need a lot of support to run one though, eg flag marshall, lapscoring etc, but guess it's no different to the Slipway one.

F5 Dave
21st November 2008, 09:14
oh yeah I was going to send you some data on that. PM me an email address so I can attach some files

Trudes
24th November 2008, 09:29
So is there any word on when we may get another ride in at Kaitoke?:wari::sunny:

nudemetalz
24th November 2008, 11:30
The date of their funday is the 21st.
It's very close to Xmas and also the weekend before the Taupo ride.
Is anyone here interested in doing it because if so, I'll organise it with the Kart guys.
Be good as a last chance to check the bike's running okay for the big event I guess.

b1kerb0b
24th November 2008, 11:33
Yeah I could be interested... I take it there's no buckets @ the Slipway December?

nudemetalz
24th November 2008, 11:36
Don't believe so.

Kendog
24th November 2008, 11:36
We are keen as for the 21st.

F5 Dave
24th November 2008, 12:02
Week before, no time to fix anything. . .

:shutup: um, um, still keen, but should I? could go bad.

nudemetalz
24th November 2008, 12:09

Just take some tyre-pando along... :bleh: :lol:

Skunk
24th November 2008, 12:56
What the hell - I'll tempt fate. I'm in.

Skunk
24th November 2008, 13:21

A better tuning opportunity?...

Number One
24th November 2008, 17:39
The monsters are both in for the 21st at Kaitoke :yes: I shall be testing and practising on next seasons steed too :shifty:

Bsym1
24th November 2008, 17:45
dead keen for a run on the 21st

nudemetalz
24th November 2008, 19:41
Alrighties peoples,

We are pencilled in for the funday on the 21st.
Just let me know beforehand if you are attending so I can let them know.

b1kerb0b
24th November 2008, 19:48
Alrighties peoples,

We are pencilled in for the funday on the 21st.
Just let me know beforehand if you are attending so I can let them know.

AWESOME!

Great work :)

Number One
24th November 2008, 22:54
Number One and Sully 60 WILL BE THERE ON THE 21st :yes:

nudemetalz
24th November 2008, 23:02
Good stuff, looks like we should get a doz or so there (riders not beer, although there should be some of that there too !!)

fi5hy
25th November 2008, 06:56
Fishies in got to try out that new rear tyre:banana:

nudemetalz
25th November 2008, 19:45
Yeah I'll have to change my rear tyre too,...I think mine got some "accelerated wear" at the endurance race...

koba
1st December 2008, 19:04
While I have a stag do the night before I may make the effort nov that we have a VAN!

The MB needs a wee tweak too, the footpeg that I hadn't nipped off and re-welded with re-inforced broke off when it fell over, not even at speed, just lying against the shed and the bugger broke off!
More reinforcing to do!

Kendog
1st December 2008, 19:41
we have a VAN!

Is it white?

Number One
1st December 2008, 19:52
Is it white?
Don't white van drivers suck donkey cock...or am I remembering that all wrong Mr K? :lol:

Kendog
1st December 2008, 19:58
Don't white van drivers suck donkey cock...or am I remembering that all wrong Mr K? :lol:

I think her exact words were

You dirty, filthy, bastard white van driving arseholes!

Coyote
1st December 2008, 19:59
What's the entry fee? Think I've got about $40. Though I'll probably spend that on piss and girls this weekend.

Kendog
1st December 2008, 20:00
What's the entry fee? Think I've got about $40. Though I'll probably spend that on piss and girls this weekend.

Girls are overrated, unless they are into bikes.

The fee is $45.

Number One
1st December 2008, 20:03
I think her exact words were
Yeah that was it! :lol:

COYOTE: spend your $40 it on (cheap) piss and (cheap) girls mate...your bike is NOT up to scratch for this track and given it's rate of progress I doubt it would be ready in time

BTW - the cheap comment was in relation to the whopping $40 budget you have outlined

nudemetalz
1st December 2008, 20:13
I hope you spend more than $40 on your bike, Coyote, or it just may not pass scrutineering and I hear the chief bucket scrutineer is one mean bastard !!! :nono: :devil2:

Seriously though, the bikes already qualified to race at Kaitoke have had a lot of time and money spent on them. They have to not only pass basic scrutineering but look very presentable as we are racing with Karts that are worth well (I MEAN WELL !!) into $10K+ and I'm not prepared to endanger us being able to race at their awesome premises.

koba
1st December 2008, 20:46
Is it white?
yep.

oh dear! I think I'm busted!

Piss = $8 to $20 a doz.
That leaves $25 to $37 for the girls...
Good old Upper Hutt aye! :niceone:

Coyote
1st December 2008, 21:19
Girls are overrated, unless they are into bikes.

The fee is $45.
There's a few other things girls can be into besides bikes that can make them interesting.

Bah, foiled!

Piss = $8 to $20 a doz.
That leaves $25 to $37 for the girls...
Good old Upper Hutt aye! :niceone:
You even have enough for a taxi home :laugh:

I was more thinking along the lines of taxing one lovely lass to the movies. I don't put out until the 3rd date.

Yeah that was it! :lol:

COYOTE: spend your $40 it on (cheap) piss and (cheap) girls mate...your bike is NOT up to scratch for this track and given it's rate of progress I doubt it would be ready in time

BTW - the cheap comment was in relation to the whopping $40 budget you have outlined
I know. It needs crash bungs, gaskets that don't leak, and it doesn't look neaaarrrly bling enough yet.

Number One
1st December 2008, 21:27
There's a few other things girls can be into besides bikes that can make them interesting.

Bah, foiled!

You even have enough for a taxi home :laugh:

I was more thinking along the lines of taxing one lovely lass to the movies. I don't put out until the 3rd date.

I know. It needs crash bungs, gaskets that don't leak, and it doesn't look neaaarrrly bling enough yet.
Keep working on it :yes:

nudemetalz
1st December 2008, 22:25

It will need to pass my inspection before it is even allowed in the Kaitoke Kart carpark.

Coyote
2nd December 2008, 09:07
It will need to pass my inspection before it is even allowed in the Kaitoke Kart carpark.
It'll be to your standards, but not for a couple of months yet.

Think I'll strip it down so I can paint the frame this week.

saxet
3rd December 2008, 11:55
Yeah baaaaby I'll be in on the 21st. gotta try out my new set up.

nudemetalz
3rd December 2008, 12:06
Better not be faster than mine !!!! :girlfight: