PDA

View Full Version : Pmcc?

Teambwr47
20th November 2008, 20:10
Is anyone here doing the PMCC series?

Looks like it kicks off next weekend at Taupo on a small section of the full track but there's little mention of the series on here. Looking at the track map the first round is run on an incredibly short version of Taupo?

Does the PMCC get much of a entry number wise, is it well run etc in anyone's experience?

Tony.OK
20th November 2008, 21:45
Thats was pretty much all Taupo was before the extension Brian, except they took out the esses for the A1gp:angry:
Did my 1st race with PMCC at the start of the year, not quite as organised as the Vic Series, but still ok.
I see they are using Gibbs timing this series, not sure if they are having F1 & F2 starting together, my race was a staggered start with F1 leaving 1st.
Theres no pit sheds down that end either mate, so you'll need a generator and easyup maybe.
Was around a 35-40 sec lap but prob shorter without esses.

unrealone
21st November 2008, 07:31
Hrmm, I'm attending but was under the impression is was Track 2. Checked their site and it is infact Track 3 :'( Sigh!

Toast
21st November 2008, 10:21
I read a while back that they were going to run F1 and F2 separately and allow cross entry for F2 bikes for this season.

Organisation when I first raced with them a year and a half ago was pretty relaxed, but they're a good bunch. Having proper timing should make it a lot better.

Entries are usually quite high but I suspect that you might get more out of a trackday at Taupo than this meeting, Brian.

Teambwr47
21st November 2008, 15:43
We're going to give it go as its more racing time but it'll be the shortest track I've ever raced on if the lap times are in the mid 30's.....

Teambwr47
21st November 2008, 16:05
Thats was pretty much all Taupo was before the extension Brian, except they took out the esses for the A1gp:angry:
Did my 1st race with PMCC at the start of the year, not quite as organised as the Vic Series, but still ok.
I see they are using Gibbs timing this series, not sure if they are having F1 & F2 starting together, my race was a staggered start with F1 leaving 1st.
Theres no pit sheds down that end either mate, so you'll need a generator and easyup maybe.
Was around a 35-40 sec lap but prob shorter without esses.

Are you actually entered on the Suzionda CBXR1000?

I'll likely cross enter into F1 as well so we'll have a bit of a play out there.

racer40
21st November 2008, 16:15
are you doing the tri series over christmas time team bwr47

Teambwr47
21st November 2008, 18:01
No unfortunately I can't as we are going to be back in Europe for a month over the Christmas period.

The trip back to let family see our kids etc was booked some time ago but I've since been asked about doing Wanganui etc and kind of wish we'd not chosen to go back at Xmas.

The same applies to the south island nationals however I will be trying my luck at the Manfield and Pukekohe rounds.

The 2009/10 season I will be doing every race that i can including a full go at the Nationals.

cowpoos
21st November 2008, 18:48
Is anyone here doing the PMCC series?

Looks like it kicks off next weekend at Taupo on a small section of the full track but there's little mention of the series on here. Looking at the track map the first round is run on an incredibly short version of Taupo?

Does the PMCC get much of a entry number wise, is it well run etc in anyone's experience?
meh...its track time...but unless some decent racers turn up...be more benifitial going to a trackday...you could win F1 with training wheels attached to your bike!!

Clivoris
21st November 2008, 20:17
Rumour has it that the committee has had a freshen up and it should be much better from an organisational point of view. The timing will make a difference too. I can't make round 1 due to other commitments but will be giving the next 2 rounds a lunge for sure.

Tony.OK
21st November 2008, 20:48
Are you actually entered on the Suzionda CBXR1000?

I'll likely cross enter into F1 as well so we'll have a bit of a play out there.
I'm still undecided, have an appointment in Welly the next day. Will ring PMCC tomorrow to suss out the format, if its only 2 short races it doesn't make it very worth while.
Kinda surprised the entry fees aren't lower for the short track though.

scroter
22nd November 2008, 07:42
We're going to give it go as its more racing time but it'll be the shortest track I've ever raced on if the lap times are in the mid 30's.....

the old track lap record was held by dean fulton in about 38 seconds. there are no esses anymore but because of the long straight on the full track there is less camber into turn 1. im looking forward to this just to see where the laptimes come out, im suspecting most people will still be in the 40's as the esses were pretty much full tit anyway not as full tit as a straight though. see you there.

sharky
22nd November 2008, 10:52
Tonk O.K can you fill us all in on the format once you've found out. Cheers.

speights_bud
22nd November 2008, 11:43
I will be there, giving streetstock 150's a blat, will be interesting to see what happens, i think PMCC run 150 2Stroke combined with 250 4's?

speights_bud
22nd November 2008, 11:47
... if its only 2 short races it doesn't make it very worth while.
Kinda surprised the entry fees aren't lower for the short track though.

Yea... the entry Fee's are a bit pricey, but they all seem to be going up :(

sharky
24th November 2008, 19:45
3 races per class, so I hear.

speights_bud
24th November 2008, 20:41
Just had a browse through their website and came up with nothing,
probably not lookng hard enough but does anyone know what time things kick off this weekend? ies scrutineering etc?
can't find that in my paperwork for some reason:confused:

Biggles08
24th November 2008, 22:02
Well I'm popping my race cherry at this meet...clubmans for me tho. I was going to cross enter into F2 but can't if I'm going to run in clubmans...makes sense really when you think about it. Wish it was Track 2 so we could use the pits...now I gotta find me a generator! see you lot there.

Biggles08
24th November 2008, 22:07
Just had a browse through their website and came up with nothing,
probably not lookng hard enough but does anyone know what time things kick off this weekend? ies scrutineering etc?
can't find that in my paperwork for some reason:confused:

Same here...no mention of start time etc etc in the information that was emailed to me...any help would be appreciated.

sharky
25th November 2008, 06:46
Yep, Im also popping cherry:Punk:.

Probably why I'm a bit anal and have emailed to find out details.
Check in at 8am.
Scrutineering soon after.
Practice starts at 9:30.
3 races per class.

I'm on a ZXR400 #277, decided to enter straight into Pre '89 and F3 rather than into Clubmans as I'm on the 400cc. Figured it might be a bit safer with similarly powered bikes rather than with you guys on your modern, grunty machines.
See you there.

unrealone
25th November 2008, 14:38
Yep, Im also popping cherry:Punk:.

Probably why I'm a bit anal and have emailed to find out details.
Check in at 8am.
Scrutineering soon after.
Practice starts at 9:30.
3 races per class.

I'm on a ZXR400 #277, decided to enter straight into Pre '89 and F3 rather than into Clubmans as I'm on the 400cc. Figured it might be a bit safer with similarly powered bikes rather than with you guys on your modern, grunty machines.
See you there.

Thanks for that info, I've emailed them but got no reply. Which address did you email?

See you in F3 :shifty:

@Biggles08 - I'm hiring a gen off McEntree in Taupo.. think they're about $60 for a day - 2.5KVA (2000w), enough for tyre warmers and something else I spose.

Chrislost
25th November 2008, 16:23
see you all at round two...

speights_bud
25th November 2008, 19:37
See you's fullas there :)

I'm Streetstock 150's number 22 :D
Will Prob be under a Yellow Suzuki Tent, if you need anything feel free to come on over :)