PDA

View Full Version : so proud of luke!!

ajturbo
7th February 2005, 22:42
to night i took luke to the first class of his dive course, he was really excited, he was chatting about what he would see under water and about the sharks , talking about the hand signals that he need to know, generally being a pain!

finally we got there, he is the youngest...by about 20 years!!
the instructor asked if he had read his book, and wanted to know why he wanted to do the diving..
he spoke so well and clearly!! i didn't know he could!!!

but what reall y made me so proud .. was that durring the evening, the instructer was asking questions about the diving, technical stuff,
luke just realled them off his tougne.. as if he was reading it!!!!!!
we were getting fitted for the wetsuits, etc, and he was sorting his gear out, and STILL answering the questions... in the end the instructor said.. ok everyone EXCEPT luke..answer this question.... even then he wispered the answer to me!!!

allmost had a tear in my eye!!

andy

Biff
7th February 2005, 23:27
to night i took luke to the first class of his dive course, he was really excited, he was chatting about what he would see under water and about the sharks , talking about the hand signals that he need to know, generally being a pain!

finally we got there, he is the youngest...by about 20 years!!
the instructor asked if he had read his book, and wanted to know why he wanted to do the diving..
he spoke so well and clearly!! i didn't know he could!!!

but what reall y made me so proud .. was that durring the evening, the instructer was asking questions about the diving, technical stuff,
luke just realled them off his tougne.. as if he was reading it!!!!!!
we were getting fitted for the wetsuits, etc, and he was sorting his gear out, and STILL answering the questions... in the end the instructor said.. ok everyone EXCEPT luke..answer this question.... even then he wispered the answer to me!!!

allmost had a tear in my eye!!

andy

Those firsts and special moments - wish I could bottle them. They touch the soul.

Blakamin
7th February 2005, 23:51
Shit hot AJT!!!!!.... that pride you have when they do something like that is totally timeless...

:niceone:
Kids rock!!!!!

Waylander
7th February 2005, 23:53
Now just watch him start riding a motorbike, probably beat you at a race.:niceone:

750Y
8th February 2005, 05:32
nice one AJ, & good on ya Luke, have fun guys..

toads
8th February 2005, 07:06
Ahhhh, love that stuff, Good on ya Luke, and good on ya Andy, he's a bright lad, no doubt about it.

Sniper
8th February 2005, 07:10
Well done Luke. I remember my first dive course. It was fun.

Well done mate and best of luck, Aj, I wish you the best too

Sparky Bills
8th February 2005, 07:45
What a teachers pet!!

Congrats man!

Holy Roller
8th February 2005, 08:43
Kids learn fast when they are interested in something, trick is to find what interests them, that they had not known about. What a great education you are giving your boy.

ajturbo
8th February 2005, 08:51
Now just watch him start riding a motorbike, probably beat you at a race.:niceone:

i would be pleased to see him over take me.... my old man NEVER went to see me do anything!

i think it would be fun to race him..... make him work hard... giving him.. (and everyone else) a moving road block!! hahahah :2thumbsup