PDA

View Full Version : It's nearly here

oscarnz
21st November 2008, 21:29
Well at 5.47pm tonight I got a text sent to me containing a picture of my new bike, which had just finished being assembled. They wanted to surprise me tonight with it but the paperwork didnt arrived today so they couldnt register it. :mellow:
So I will have to wait till Monday (fingers crossed)

But I will be able to go and look at it tomorrow when I drop my 250 off.

So all will be revealed very soon. :yes:

shafty
21st November 2008, 22:36
Find a Post Office that is open on a Saturday Mate, or use a D (Dealer) plate......... weather will be primo

Meanie
22nd November 2008, 05:02
Awesome... As Shafty said surely they can register it today, there are post shops open all over town on a saturday morning, go sit on thier door step and nag them. New bikes rock, good for you

NZsarge
22nd November 2008, 06:39
Woo Hoo! :rockon: Awesome.

ynot slow
22nd November 2008, 07:23
Good one.
We were same last week,had to take personal plates off old bike,swap to new bike and get new plate for old bike,seems post shop can't do it(issue plates)and we found only post shop open on Sunday in Palmy.So did it Monday.

NZsarge
22nd November 2008, 07:54
Good one.
We were same last week,had to take personal plates off old bike,swap to new bike and get new plate for old bike,seems post shop can't do it(issue plates)and we found only post shop open on Sunday in Palmy.So did it Monday.

Your new bike sounds absolutely mint with that Two Brother's can on it mate. :niceone:

oscarnz
22nd November 2008, 08:18
Its more so the paperwork from Auckland so they can register it that they are waiting for.
I can wait, plus need to finish gardens etc around home this weekend, and spray so I can go out riding heaps!!!

Can't register vehicles at postshops, only at plate agents (AA, VTNZ etc)

chanceyy
22nd November 2008, 09:51
whooo hooo chicky .. can not wait to see it .. exciting times :)

see you some stage soon :yes:

have to come to palmy I have some certificates that need dropping off .. the originals got a bit wet :whistle:

ynot slow
22nd November 2008, 15:44
Your new bike sounds absolutely mint with that Two Brother's can on it mate. :niceone:

Yep sure does,pity the idiot riding it can't get the sound screaming,shit can it take off,on our private track 2 up it pulled 170km and still had more,me my balls weren't that big.

Need some ear plugs.Is all they say,amazing 20yr difference in handling makes,and brakes,really instills confidence,but even hitting a reasonable sized stone it twitched and still carried on ok.Looking forward to a decent trip maybe use the tent given 3 yrs ago hehehe.

oscarnz
22nd November 2008, 15:51
Well went and dropped off my 250 this morning, and got to have a look at my new bike..........it looks awesome, very sexy in black.
I am so excited, driving my family nuts

Monamie
22nd November 2008, 20:24
Well went and dropped off my 250 this morning, and got to have a look at my new bike..........it looks awesome, very sexy in black.
I am so excited, driving my family nuts

Cool!!:yes:
You will be able to ride it soon....and you will still drive them nuts with all the stories of how neat it is:yes:
Enjoy your new bike Carmen:Punk:

Owl
23rd November 2008, 05:59
One day closer and counting down Carmen?:msn-wink:

Nasty
23rd November 2008, 06:05
Babe .. I feel for you ... you still gotta wait another day!!

oscarnz
24th November 2008, 20:39
Well my new bike arrived today, Pauly picked it up after work, as I didnt finish till 6pm. And typical the sky decided to cry for me. Bloody rain.

But my new baby is in the shed, looking sexy as ever (minus the new pipe, need to wait a couple of weeks for that)

Hopefully the weather will play the game at least for a couple of hours tomorrow night so start to get to know her.

chanceyy
24th November 2008, 20:51
Well my new bike arrived today, Pauly picked it up after work, as I didnt finish till 6pm. And typical the sky decided to cry for me. Bloody rain.

But my new baby is in the shed, looking sexy as ever (minus the new pipe, need to wait a couple of weeks for that)

Hopefully the weather will play the game at least for a couple of hours tomorrow night so start to get to know her.

Veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sexy, just something about black bikes ..

congrats chicky :wari: hope the rain clears soon for you .. quite frustrating just sitting on it & hearing how she sounds :yes:

KiwiKat
24th November 2008, 20:55
Oh shit. I'm going to have to clean mine.

Your bike looks good. I can't wait to see it out and about. My engine took about 3000k to loosen up properly. Have fun. CDMTC cruise on Wednesday at 6:00pm if you want a quiet run.

oscarnz
24th November 2008, 20:59
Oh shit. I'm going to have to clean mine.

Your bike looks good. I can't wait to see it out and about. My engine took about 3000k to loosen up properly. Have fun. CDMTC cruise on Wednesday at 6:00pm if you want a quiet run.

LOL that you might. Are you talking kms or miles, that is one thing I am going to have to get use to. Must remember big numbers are miles :blank:

Wish I could be dont finish work till 6pm this week.

Owl
24th November 2008, 22:14
Congrats Carmen...........................Very nice!:yes:

Meanie
25th November 2008, 05:56
Awesome Carmen, right in time for summer too

mowgli
25th November 2008, 11:59
Noice! Blowing the old pipe for a wee while will make the new one sound even better :yes:

Horse
25th November 2008, 14:55
Grats! Looks mint!

banditrider
25th November 2008, 17:23

Very nice! Now all you need is a set of Givi Luggage, chain oiler, sheepskin, bigger screen and you'll be set for some decent touring...

rottiguy
25th November 2008, 18:16
Congrats chick, that looks real spiffy :) with everyone blinging out their bikes I'm feeling under pressure, still not going for those gay heated grips tho :oi-grr:
I feel some long summer trips coming on :wari:

banditrider
25th November 2008, 18:20
still not going for those gay heated grips tho :oi-grr:

:shit: Say what! Not what you were saying the other day...This nice weather must have given you a short memory...

rottiguy
25th November 2008, 18:27
And how :) if everything is ok and comfortable that doesn't give you much to talk about at the stops aye, gotta bitch about something, might as well be about cold hands :Pokey::cold::whistle:

:shit: Say what! Not what you were saying the other day...This nice weather must have given you a short memory...

ynot slow
25th November 2008, 19:38
And how :) if everything is ok and comfortable that doesn't give you much to talk about at the stops aye, gotta bitch about something, might as well be about cold hands :Pokey::cold::whistle:

Well the joys of owning a bandit is a start,heated grips not quite yet,scott oiler yep.

oscarnz
25th November 2008, 19:54
Well for a start, went for my first ride on my bike tonight. Bike feels great, very smooth etc. But one small problem occuring while I was out.......I lost my Number plate!!! Oh well $8.20 tomorrow to go and get a new one. And will be speaking with Freedom about that slight problem.

No heated handgrips for me at this stage, but who knows what the winer may bring with I am :cold:

chanceyy
25th November 2008, 19:57
well damn its already got stuff falling off .. you sure its not a kwaka in disguise :laugh:

great the weather cleared for you chick .. :)

oscarnz
25th November 2008, 20:02
well damn its already got stuff falling off .. you sure its not a kwaka in disguise :laugh:

great the weather cleared for you chick .. :)

Left myself wide open for that LOL

Yeah was abit windy was all good

chanceyy
25th November 2008, 20:06
Left myself wide open for that LOL

Yeah was abit windy was all good

nah the kwaka's have esp with all their bits falling off

yeah good riding a bigger bike in the wind for sure ... :)

ynot slow
26th November 2008, 06:27
yeah good riding a bigger bike in the wind for sure ... :)

You aint wrong there,the difference 2 up between 750 and 1250 is unbelieveable,plus the latter handles better might have a bit to do as well.