PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: Ice Cream and Pizza Ride 22 NOV

TOTO
22nd November 2008, 02:34
meeting at shell westgate at 1:30 pm.

Leaving 2pm and going to the strawberry farms for a real tasty strawberry ice cream.

then off for a ride to either a nice cafe or a great tasting pizza - we will decide on the ride. Route to be confirmed but nice and twisty in any case. No licence loosing speeds on this ride falks.

Big and small bikes wellcome. No hoons endangering me or my companions will be tolerated !

ride will probably take 4-5 hours

Choco
22nd November 2008, 06:13
:no:
I need to cram for exams man :crybaby:
However to everyone else: the strawberry icecream is really good :D

gijoe1313
22nd November 2008, 08:50
Any excuse for a ride! :msn-wink:

TOTO
22nd November 2008, 10:24
The Hooligan got a new rear tyre so cant wait to scrub it in :)

nosebleed
22nd November 2008, 10:49
For good Pizza try Quatro Cafe in Mangawhai.

He's in the Carters carpark in Mangawhai Township, in the area where theres the right/left 'chicane' to drive through town and head towards Mangawhai Heads.
You'll find him tucked down the end of the strip of shops.

Good guy who used to ride, and heaps of parking. Not crowded so the service will be faster while you wait in your leathers.

gijoe1313
22nd November 2008, 11:06
Puncture repaired properly and getting ready to ride! Oh yes, indeedy! :scooter: :love: :ride:

nevets
22nd November 2008, 11:17
I'll be there :niceone:

Gremlin
22nd November 2008, 12:45
too short notice... I'll be up that way, but in the back roads

portokiwi
22nd November 2008, 13:18
Have fun guys:rockon: mmmmm ice cream

gijoe1313
22nd November 2008, 22:54
Well mmm mmm strawberry icecream was delicious! Gave a boost for the good riding ahead - nice roads, great days and polite cagers! Bonus :2thumbsup

Stopped off at Waipu and had some great pizza, enjoyed the beach there (last time was three years ago when I surfed there!) and rode the twisties back. Gremlin was our guest rider and boy did he cover the ground! :lol:

He got to Waipu as we left for Wellsford! Got to SH16 and waited for a while at the scenic look out and I said "he'll magically appear"

Well, we rode off and somewhere between the twisties there and between Maungawhai heads, I looked in my mirrors and voila! There was a large black creature not on a Big Ol'Hornet but katooming around on a motardy type thing! :scooter:

The klicks flew by and we are at Shell Westgate, bandying around the usual anecdotes. Headed off to an asian teaplace of ill repute where Gremlin basically said he was a mormon in drinking preferences! Much biking discussion was held and guffaws, disbelief and the usual head scratching occured :girlfight: A great days ride with enjoyable company.

Thanks TOTO for being ride captain, makes a change to be pootling along with someone else out in front who knows their way around! :msn-wink:

nevets
22nd November 2008, 23:06
Twas a good day out, cheers for the company dudes (and dudeette!) :scooter:

Photos coming tomorrow, now I need sleep :yawn:

Gremlin
23rd November 2008, 04:13
He got to Waipu as we left for Wellsford! Got to SH16 and waited for a while at the scenic look out and I said "he'll magically appear"

Well, we rode off and somewhere between the twisties there and between Maungawhai heads, I looked in my mirrors and voila! There was a large black creature not on a Big Ol'Hornet but katooming around on a motardy type thing! :scooter:
I had you in me sights just before the long downhill left hander that curves around the hill. And urrr... afaik, I went to Mangawhai (and heads)... did you?

That gijoe sure is all over the place. Get a txt back in Mangawhai that he's already on 16... blardy hell... oh well, that Cove Rd from Waipu to Mangawhai is brilliant stuff :woohoo:

TOTO
23rd November 2008, 09:13
Good Fun boyos and Girl. Nice to meet you gremlin - you have some funny stories boy :killingme

Strawberry Ice cream was delish, next time, mango ice cream will be the thing to try :)

That tea place was very cool. Gotta go there more often :yes:

1 chillin
2 & 3 Sh16 lookout
4 & 5 Spot the Ninja
6 Ninja Knee down, riding a Schenic lookout

Gremlin
23rd November 2008, 12:01
I see no pizza, no ice cream you speak about :crybaby:

TOTO
23rd November 2008, 21:29
ou damn true. Now we need to do another pizza and Ice cream ride so we can actually take pics of the ice cream and the pizzas.

sat 6th dec could be a goer :p

GSXR Trace
23rd November 2008, 22:28
good ride boys! and nice pics of the bikes at the lookout!