PDA

View Full Version : Crash closes SH1 (22 November)

Mrs Busa Pete
22nd November 2008, 18:47
A car and motorcycle have collided on State Highway One between Te Horo and Peka Peka. That area of the road has been closed, and diversions are in place.

Motorists are urged to avoid the area for the next couple of hours if possible.

The occupants of the car have minor injuries but the motorcyclist has serious injuries.

Hoping for a full recovery to rider.

chanceyy
22nd November 2008, 19:01
Have heard one of our resident Kbers fr Te Horo is home safe .. that being the dreadlocked one

speedy recovery biker ...

approx 200 bikes went past my place late morn & quite a few coming back past this aft

mostly hogs but all sorts there .. one good thing about living on main road you get a good perve :)

Taz
22nd November 2008, 19:03
Where's Te Horo??

chanceyy
22nd November 2008, 19:04
Where's Te Horo??

lower north island .. between Otaki & Waikanae .. bout 40 mins north of welly

Katman
22nd November 2008, 19:13
Have heard one of our resident Kbers fr Te Horo is home safe .. that being the dreadlocked one

Pleased to hear that.

(Was great getting to meet you Bill).

Jdogg
22nd November 2008, 19:18
All the best for the rider.......

New Zealand Police Alert 6:10pm 22 Nov 2008 Central

Location of incident: SH1 between Te Horo and Peka Peka

Incident type: Car v Motorbike accident

Emergency Services are dealing with an accident on SH1 between Te Horo and Peka Peka. The accident was between a car and a motorbike. The occupants of the car has minor injuries and the motorbike has serious injuries.
The SH1 has been closed and diversions are in place. Motorists should avoid the area for the next 1-2 hours while the accident scene is cleared.
No further details at this time.
Issued By: Sergeant Marc Clausen

BALZYBUELL
22nd November 2008, 19:48
Speedy recovery to the rider and also occupants of the cage.

slimjim
22nd November 2008, 20:30
that's not good.....gees bad month already...not over yet...thoughts to rider

Hitcher
22nd November 2008, 21:22
We were through there both ways today. Apart from a couple of patches of new seal near Manakau, the road was tidy and traffic extraordinarily well behaved for that stretch of road.

Paul in NZ
22nd November 2008, 23:01
We were through there both ways today. Apart from a couple of patches of new seal near Manakau, the road was tidy and traffic extraordinarily well behaved for that stretch of road.

We saw you going north ;-)

MD
1st December 2008, 21:19
I believe this may be the one I heard on the radio News that the Rider had an open face helmet and has very serious facial damage. Yuck! Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Hope it's not so bad and a full recover is under way.