PDA

View Full Version : Airbrush art on bike

Silage
8th February 2005, 13:24
After all the previous posts about how ugly the GS1200 is I have been thinking about getting some art onto the tank or faring. Actually the GS is beautiful enuf without it, but I have seen a few bikes around Chch with superb airbrush customisation. Can anyone recommend someone/somewhere that does this in the Canterbury area.

Also what experience do others have with this. Do the pictures fade or rub off. What do I need towatch out for? Any comments would be helpful.

Cheers :2thumbsup

Hitcher
8th February 2005, 14:01
Appropriate colour schemes for a GS1200SS? Take it to Burnham and get the boys to do it in camouflage...

Paul in NZ
8th February 2005, 14:14
Hey, I like good tank art...

But please... No semi naked warrior chick, badly drawn semi erotic cartoons, eagles, other assorted birds of prey, national flags, anatomically incorrect viking warriors, panthers (with semi nude warrior chicks or badly drawn erotic cartoons) or skulls... It's been done... To death....

Something cool for your bike... Like maybe a fogged, silver/grey picture of the GSRXR racers in action that inspired it... A list of Suzukis F1 victories (that won't take up much room will it)

Maybe something that means something to you....

Paul N

loosebruce
8th February 2005, 14:32
I know not many came into the country but the colour scheme of the GS in red/white/black changes the bike completey and looks real good, also seen a blue/white version, but never in the flesh. I'm asumming your ones black?
I know a good guy up here for air brushing, but he's busy as, and well you're ih chch he's in akld.

All the best though mate

Silage
8th February 2005, 15:02
But please... No semi naked warrior chick, badly drawn semi erotic cartoons, eagles, other assorted birds of prey, national flags, anatomically incorrect viking warriors, panthers (with semi nude warrior chicks or badly drawn erotic cartoons) or skulls... It's been done... To death....

I concur Paul. I was thinking of a more Biblical theme like the hand of God reaching down to Adam but that has some frontal nudity also - what was Leonardo thinking of :no: But I suppose Adam was still nickers then.

Camoflage is an interesting option but wouldn't want to be mistaken for a tank.

sAsLEX
8th February 2005, 15:19
Appropriate colour schemes for a GS1200SS? Take it to Burnham and get the boys to do it in camouflage...

nah WAIKATO GREY is a much better colour!

Biff
8th February 2005, 15:46
how about these...?

mikey
8th February 2005, 15:54
top air brusher in new zleand is Nick Baty,
owns / works at concept signs,
lower hutt wellington go see him an ask to look at some of his previous work, did a few rats on a triumph last year, looked awesome.

Paul in NZ
8th February 2005, 15:56
I concur Paul. I was thinking of a more Biblical theme like the hand of God reaching down to Adam but that has some frontal nudity also - what was Leonardo thinking of :no: But I suppose Adam was still nickers then.

Camoflage is an interesting option but wouldn't want to be mistaken for a tank.

I dunno - However, something involving the soddomites would go down well in some sectors...

Nah! Suzuki racing heritage I says..

Paul N

Holy Roller
8th February 2005, 17:16
You could check out
http://www.visualintrigue.co.nz
I think thats the right link
Some of his work on the web.

gav
8th February 2005, 18:38
Had this on one of my previous bikes.

LB
9th February 2005, 05:05
Hamish (hubby) has one of the red/black ones, they do look very different. I saw the blue/white one in Cycle Torque in Taumarunui before it was sold, it looked great - it had different specs to the rest of them (Ohlins shocks, different cams).

There's a guy in Westport called Leon who does good artwork - his airbrushed Monster is for sale in one of the shops on Manchester Street - can't remember the name of it but it's on the same side of the street as Casbolts, near Cycletreads, and it's where Chris Huddlestone works - go in there and have a look at his work and if you like it give him an email on leon-diz@ihug.co.nz He did an amazing chequered flag draped over a Monster tank - almost got my 800 done but bought another bike instead.

From memory, chatting with him at Ruapuna, his pricing's pretty good.

gav
9th February 2005, 06:08
Street & Sport Motorcycles

custom-cbr
21st February 2005, 16:20
I have my Honda CBR1100 fully custom airbrushed, im in CHCH.

Check it out at http://www.geocities.com/custom_blackbird

Paintwork done by JBFX.

Waylander
21st February 2005, 16:26
I have my Honda CBR1100 fully custom airbrushed, im in CHCH.

Check it out at http://www.geocities.com/custom_blackbird

Paintwork done by JBFX.
Nice bike you got there any pictures of it without the sun glare?

Silage
21st February 2005, 19:25
Nice bike you got there any pictures of it without the sun glare?

Yes it is nice oooooh you mean the CBR. Yes it is a great job. I think I saw it in the flesh in Street and Sport or next door a couple of months back.

Thanks for the web link. Will let you know if I follow thru.

The Pastor
1st March 2005, 14:37
How much roughly (as in average hourly rate or say how much it cost to get yours done) is it to get a small sized tank airbrushed?

I was thinking about getting a mini chopper bike painted with a GNR logo on it but was put off by what I think the price would be :P

The Pastor
2nd March 2005, 19:12
You could check out
http://www.visualintrigue.co.nz
I think thats the right link
Some of his work on the web.

Sorry for dubble posts,

Where is he based?

disturbedair
29th October 2005, 20:23
here's a couple of mine, they are on car bonnets and look out of proportion because of the foto angle but they are fine, they are fully freehand, that means no mask shelds rubbing of any sort, the face on the yello one is a demacio painting as required from customer but the background and concept is mine and the background is airbrushed from my head with no sketching, the other one was a rush job, one small concept sketch, and then getting to work, completly freehand from my head no modles or foto referances used,

N4CR
29th October 2005, 23:40
disturbedair.. that ford bonnet is amazing - looks like you got some real skill there!

I'd love to get a black bike one day and get that sort of thing done to it :love:

Good work man!

Ghost Lemur
30th October 2005, 11:17
Damn nice work disturbedair.

Particularly like that Ford bonnet.

Waylander
30th October 2005, 17:23
here's a couple of mine, they are on car bonnets and look out of proportion because of the foto angle but they are fine, they are fully freehand, that means no mask shelds rubbing of any sort, the face on the yello one is a demacio painting as required from customer but the background and concept is mine and the background is airbrushed from my head with no sketching, the other one was a rush job, one small concept sketch, and then getting to work, completly freehand from my head no modles or foto referances used,

Would you do bike sheet metal? Gonna be getting mine repainted soon and could do it myself but I want to check costs of having others do it and see if I can afford it. Would rather have someone who knows what they are doing do it rather than the risk of me stuffing it up.

Have exact ideas of what I want too.

Unit
30th October 2005, 17:39
Guess we are only limited by our own imagination, but for those of us who dont have one, we can happily blame others. Looking forward to seeing the end result

R6_kid
31st October 2005, 09:11
word on the street is that a KBer in auckland is on the road to being a fully trained 'airbrush artist', saw some of her practice stuff and it's looking really good.

heavenly.talker
31st October 2005, 09:14
how about these...?

They're intense!!!!

I would run crapping myself from those paint jobs lol!

disturbedair
2nd November 2005, 11:04
yes waylander i will paint bikes and just about anything, including this peice which is a prosthetic arm, the customer said i could do what ever i wanted as long as it was black and white, this is only one angle, there is diferent pictures all over it, it has some very serious detail in it was done some years ago, i have also posted a helmet i airbrushed, i am a carpainter by trade so can do the job from start to finnish, if you would like some work you can email me, my email is in my profile or you can fone me on 0211598238 cheers for the positive comments guys

disturbedair
2nd November 2005, 11:06
i forgot to say that yes i can design to your exact requirments aswell

Waylander
2nd November 2005, 11:11
That's some cool looking stuff ya got mate. Will be giving you a call sometime in the next few weeks. Unless you are the guy on the Harley just down the road from me then I might stop by lol.

inlinefour
3rd November 2005, 12:13
get it done and murphies law would set the bike up for an expensive crash one day :argh:

disturbedair
4th November 2005, 10:16
look forward to hearing from you waylander

deansart95
10th February 2015, 15:52
I just came across these comments and must say im a self employed artist and ive been airbrushing and concentrating on painting bikes for 31 years and theres plenty of bikes ive done original artwork onto on my website, which is- www.imaginationunlimited.co.nz

Akzle
10th February 2015, 18:56
solicitous epic thread dredge

granstar
9th August 2017, 06:25
Anyone know if Visual Intrigue are still about, Rain Off gloves, and tank work?