PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis supermoto tyres

Devil
28th November 2008, 11:45
Anyone got any experience with Maxxis Presa's?
http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/content/catalogueViewEntry.aspx?profilePK=all&entryPK=2248
http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/content/catalogueViewEntry.aspx?profilePK=all&entryPK=2247

Good value, thinking of trying them out.

What i'm after is a road/sport bias tyre that'll do wet and dirt roads.

Having a tyre dillema.

Gremlin
28th November 2008, 21:56
Having a tyre dillema.
not lasting? How many k's were you getting to a set?

my originals are still in good nick :D

Bulldog
29th November 2008, 08:24
a lot of dudes use them overseas

kezzafish
1st December 2008, 19:11
wow, they're out of it. i hope i don't add to your dilemna but i'm gonna say this anyway cos you already know what you want and what type of riding you do..... i'm not buying another on/off tyre, i want street grip and thats all, and from the metzeller on/off i'm running now i can say it's definately a compromise on street grip especially in the wet and logic says that this goes for all multi purpose tyres

Devil
3rd December 2008, 12:19
I was getting 4000km out of a set, but it was more should I go for an intermediate tyre or just sports...

Anyway, settled on a pair of the new Bridgestone BT-016's and they feel pretty good so far. Real nice profile on them, very linear. Sticky as shite.

AlBundy
3rd December 2008, 14:12
I was getting 4000km out of a set, but it was more should I go for an intermediate tyre or just sports...

Anyway, settled on a pair of the new Bridgestone BT-016's and they feel pretty good so far. Real nice profile on them, very linear. Sticky as shite.

Should be interesting to see how you like them in the long run. You had Pirellis on before?

On a side note... Saw these pics of pipes... Just for you, lol...

Gremlin
3rd December 2008, 14:50
now ya see, if you had a proper sized bike, you could have the Pirelli Scorpion Syncs... 6k, and they will still have more

AlBundy
3rd December 2008, 15:17
now ya see, if you had a proper sized bike, you could have the Pirelli Scorpion Syncs... 6k, and they will still have more

What you on about?

They do 120/70 and 160/60 for us... That said, we don't have the weight required for those tyres to work properly, lol...

Front: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/394/6241/ITEM/Pirelli-Scorpion-Sync-Front-Tire.aspx

Rear: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/394/6242/ITEM/Pirelli-Scorpion-Sync-Rear-Tire.aspx

Gremlin
3rd December 2008, 16:54
mmm devil said they weren't available in his sizes, but as you say, yes, they are designed for heavier bikes.

I have never been a fan of stock tyres on any bike yet, but I'm sold by these syncs. Superb tyres. :niceone:

AlBundy
3rd December 2008, 17:12
Maybe they aren't available in NZ... Not inconceivable really...

Devil
3rd December 2008, 18:27
Ahh yeah 'treads had the syncs in 160's. What I said was they're more designed for the porkier of the dual purpose bikes. I'd be a bit worried about warming them up properly!

These 016s are feeling pretty good. Just took them for a proper scrub in session around riverhead coatesville. Nice and stable mid corner. Linear tip in.
Just need to sort the last of the chicken strips out...

Gremlin
3rd December 2008, 23:41
What I said was they're more designed for the porkier of the dual purpose bikes. I'd be a bit worried about warming them up properly!

Your excess weight more than makes up for it :Pokey: To be honest, I have no idea how quickly they warm up, but its pretty damn quick because they don't slide unless you're being an idiot.

And even when warm, you can get the back breaking out shitloads if you use the front brake too much and then try using the back.

scott411
4th December 2008, 16:25
i have used them before on the track, pretty good all around tyre (used slicks and interemdaites), great for the money, i have a brand new set of the intermedaites that i never used, will do very cheap if you want them, ($200 for the set)