PDA

View Full Version : Yay for Robbie

suzuki21
28th November 2008, 20:16
I hope he will use the adjustable swingarm pivot bushes this year, it helps immensely with traction out of corners.

roadracingoldfart
28th November 2008, 22:06
I hope he will use the adjustable swingarm pivot bushes this year, it helps immensely with traction out of corners.

What ???? Is that meant to mean something ? Please explain

Ivan
29th November 2008, 17:35
agreed waht is this

Shaun
29th November 2008, 18:52

He is a Doer, so put in hand, and I am sure he will at least test it?

roadracingoldfart
29th November 2008, 19:20
Ok ,,,, im still in the dark , maybe more so after Shauns post ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????:crybaby::blink:

Tony.OK
29th November 2008, 20:40
Ok ,,,, im still in the dark , maybe more so after Shauns post ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????:crybaby::blink:

"Eccentric swingarm pivots to flatten the swing arm angle, reducing anti-squat under acceleration"
Taken from Trashie's ad for the WBP bike................Does that shed any light?:yes:

roadracingoldfart
30th November 2008, 06:25
"Eccentric swingarm pivots to flatten the swing arm angle, reducing anti-squat under acceleration"
Taken from Trashie's ad for the WBP bike................Does that shed any light?:yes:

Well i dont know how you got that info form that first post . It was a bit vague but whatever (as my ex says ) .

And who the hell is Robbie ??? :confused:

Tony.OK
30th November 2008, 06:42
Well i dont know how you got that info form that first post . It was a bit vague but whatever (as my ex says ) .
My brain works in mysterious ways
And who the hell is Robbie ??? :confused:

Robbie Bugden?

slowpoke
30th November 2008, 09:57
Taken from Trashie's ad for the WBP bike................

Trashie's selling up?

Bugger, I was hoping he might make a guest appearance over summer......

suzuki21
30th November 2008, 12:13
I was being sarcastic as he was using them last season. Everyone else probably didnt as they can read rule books.

Robert Taylor
30th November 2008, 18:09
I was being sarcastic as he was using them last season. Everyone else probably didnt as they can read rule books.

I can reliably inform you that 3 riders used them and they are listed as a Suzuki genuine part. I should know as we supplied and tuned the suspension for these bikes during the last season.
I am though a little mystified why your first post was so vague. If youve got something to say thats ( possibly ) mischievous then have the courage of your convictions and say it with adequate detail. And who you are.

suzuki21
1st December 2008, 05:54
Fair enough

Shaun
1st December 2008, 09:27

Good shit ster, guess you CAN read a rule book though eh?

suzuki21
1st December 2008, 13:56
Yes I sure can Shaun, I guess by your comment you agree?
Robert is quoting an old rule. You used to be able to run parts of same brand manufacture.
Eccentric adjusters are not homologated on the standard bike.
Rule interpretation is not and shouldnt be Roberts problem as he only supplies what is asked. It is up to the individual to be literate, responsible, and sporting (and fun).
The most important thing to remember in the 600 and superbike class is if it dosent say you can change something - then you cant.

Interesting that Robert confirmed two other Suzuki's using them, bit of a whoopsy there I think.
I only suspected he was using them anyway, thanks Rob!

Robert Taylor
1st December 2008, 17:32
Robert is quoting an old rule. You used to be able to run parts of same brand manufacture.
Rule interpretation is not and shouldnt be Roberts problem as he only supplies what is asked. It is up to the individual to be literate, responsible, and sporting (and fun).
The most important thing to remember in the 600 and superbike class is if it dosent say you can change something - then you cant.

Interesting that Robert confirmed two other Suzuki's using them, bit of a whoopsy there I think.

No whoopsy whatsoever, they were as plain as day.

CHOPPA
1st December 2008, 19:25

Thats a good point! Kawasaki make some very tasty genuine parts that would be great to use!
I dont think it really matters what you use from what ive seen.... A friend of mine bought a front running superbike from last year and after rebuilding it found aftermarket pistons :buggerd:

Shaun P
1st December 2008, 22:01
Thats a good point! Kawasaki make some very tasty genuine parts that would be great to use!
I dont think it really matters what you use from what ive seen.... A friend of mine bought a front running superbike from last year and after rebuilding it found aftermarket pistons :buggerd:

Has that changed again? I just checked the rules on mnz site, I guess its cheaper/easier to buy aftermarket than machine the std pistons if required.

7-4 Cylinder. Stroke must remain as homologated. Bore free. There is no restriction on the type
of piston used.

CHOPPA
1st December 2008, 22:26
Has that changed again? I just checked the rules on mnz site, I guess its cheaper/easier to buy aftermarket than machine the std pistons if required.

7-4 Cylinder. Stroke must remain as homologated. Bore free. There is no restriction on the type
of piston used.

Na probably not bro, i was told that i wasnt aloud to run high comp pistons but i never actually bothered to check up on things!

Shaun
2nd December 2008, 05:47

As I said Good shit ster, and YES, I to can read engrish!!!!

To "Quote you" The most important thing to remember in the 600 and superbike class is if it dosent say you can change something - then you cant.

ie. IT MUST REMAIN AS PER MANUFACTURED! Simple english really OOOOps:hug:

"Quote from rules"
6 MACHINE SPECIFICATIONS - IMPORTANT NOTE.
All items not mentioned in the following articles must remain as Originally produced by the
manufacturer for the homologated machine.

Shaun
2nd December 2008, 05:48
Na probably not bro, i was told that i wasnt aloud to run high comp pistons but i never actually bothered to check up on things!

Andrew Murdock Bay City motorcycles has a full zx10r kit mate, pistons cams heaps of real good stuff

Shaun P
2nd December 2008, 10:11
Last seasons rules said '07 and newer bikes had to have std pistons, so they must have changed it back to any pistons allowed, they used to have the changes from the previous season in bold so it was easy to see