PDA

View Full Version : Newbie (endlesssummernights)

endlesssumernights
30th November 2008, 18:14
Hey,

Im Phil - sooo, Im thinking about getting a bike as I can see myself in my job for a few months and I can't see the point in having a car sitting around rusting and a motorbike would save parking space at my place...I know the road rules etc 250 until you have your full etc etc...

But I need some advice on buying a bike, I want to get something cheap to ride around on on my learners, and if I decide that it is for me then I'd upgrade later. Any suggestions?

Subike
30th November 2008, 18:43
hello Phil
Welcome to the crazy house
so you have seen the light and want a real mode of transport.
There is a lot to choose from ot there, some are worth the dollars spent others are just thrashed out junkers, be carefull and get any bike you take a liking to checked out by an experianced rider.
Have you any style preferance? Adventure, sprot, cruzer, tourer or naked.
Are you short , tall, skinny, plump or the best one average in size, as this will make a difference to what 250 will suit you. Thus what we can recomend also depends upon what info we have on your personal ideas.
But to start with find out about where you can locally get you Basic Handling Skills cert, which you will need to get your learners licence.

Good luck on you quest,

dont be slow in asking the community for advice, you will get heaps of both good and not so good, see you on the road some day

Howsie
30th November 2008, 19:02
hi, welcome to kb!

great advice above, ima newbie myself as you can see so i am in the market for a bike also. Trademe has heaps of 250s for sale, depending on your price. Good deals on new ones at most bike shops as they all scrabble for the 250 market.

Hopefully you find the right bike for you. See you on the road soon.

Howsie

fire eyes
1st December 2008, 13:39
welcome dude :Punk:

nodrog
1st December 2008, 13:54
get a GSXR1000

LittleRichard
5th December 2008, 09:07
Welcome mate. :)

slimjim
5th December 2008, 09:16
get a GSXR1000

.. :Oi: :Playnice:......St 1300...:rolleyes:..

welcome Phil....

yup all the best in what you're be looking at buying...
alot of help to if you ask from the members here to assist with checking over a bike.you only gota ask.....once you're sure of what bike you think will best suit you...and what price range you can afford..

O merry Christmas too......

special_K
6th December 2008, 21:07
Hey Phil,

I just bought my first one:first: - Yamaha Scorpio 2008 - a 225cc and costs at the dealers around $3,900, I managed to get mine still under warranty off trademe and cheaper. I find it has enough grunt but not too grunty for a first to learn on..it definately beats the Suzuki GN's and other old models in my opinion.

Also agree with the other guys, you've gotta sit on it and feel comfortable handling it before you buy it.

Good luck and welcome to the friendliest bikie site in NZ :)

fatzx10r
7th December 2008, 07:12
get a GSXR1000

dont get one of them get a zx10r ;)

welcome to the site mate

i may know of a kawasaki gpx250 that's for sale soon at a good price, send me a private message if your interested