PDA

View Full Version : Street Triple - Zard Slipons

Gubb
1st December 2008, 11:20
I quite like the look of these, and they seem to be priced better than most of the other slip-ons available for the Striple. NZ$1300 compared to $1500 for a Micron set, or $1800 for an Arrow pair.

I prefer the lines of the slip-ons as compared to the "low-boy" can look. I like them up by the seat.

Anyway, question is, if fitted, is a re-map necessary? And if it is, what does that cost?

nodrog
1st December 2008, 11:29
you can get your freindly triumph dealer to load the "dual highmount arrow tune" with his little hand held doohickey, takes about 5 mins and should cost fuck all (ie, free if they like you, or about $30)

nodrog
1st December 2008, 11:32
oh and put a high flow airfilter in at the same time.

AllanB
1st December 2008, 11:38
Nice looking, different mufflers - I am unsure of the vagina outlets though.....

As a rule a straight set of street slip-ons will not need a re-map. However a remap will be able to improve on the stock set-up. That arrow tweak sounds the go.

Gubb
1st December 2008, 13:35
Nice looking, different mufflers - I am unsure of the vagina outlets though.....

Heehee. Just as well I like Vaginas then.

imdying
1st December 2008, 14:58
Very cool :yes:

Choco
1st December 2008, 15:49
Sweet exhausts! Get some :yes:

slimjim
1st December 2008, 16:33
fucking shame once that number plate goes on. changes its look

Owl
1st December 2008, 16:33
I reacon they look pretty cool Gubb!:2thumbsup

R6_kid
1st December 2008, 16:49
If I were you i'd be spending that sort of coin on the suspension first and foremost. If I remember you're about as reasonably built as I am, which can only mean the bike handles for you like it did for me. Robert Taylor is building Shaun an ohlins shock for his 675, and as they share the same chassis i'm sure he'll be able to work something out for you.

Pumba
1st December 2008, 17:28
If I were you i'd be spending that sort of coin on the suspension first and foremost.

+1,

but if you want the cans I would have a talk to Tripple Z Dynos (sp?) and get him to do a custom map on your triumph ECU on the dyno, or get the dealer to set to a off the shealf modified map as nodrog said

nodrog
1st December 2008, 18:41
If I were you i'd be spending that sort of coin on the suspension first and foremost. If I remember you're about as reasonably built as I am, which can only mean the bike handles for you like it did for me. Robert Taylor is building Shaun an ohlins shock for his 675, and as they share the same chassis i'm sure he'll be able to work something out for you.

ohlins do an off the shelf shock, it just not a ttx bling bling moto gp spec thing.