PDA

View Full Version : Xr650r

mountainboy65
1st December 2008, 15:04
I have just listed my fabulous Honda XR650R on Trade Me if anyone's interested. I'm off to the UK to start my bike trip to India. Cheers!

dreamer87
1st December 2008, 16:24
Hey, You might be able to help me. :eek:

I have a 2003 XR650R (oh so awesome bike, love it!)

Its got a 13T-45T sprocket set on it (was like that when I bought it) as I was told it was geared for the road.

I also got the original 48T rear & 14T front for it with the bike.

I do alot of off road at the bike parks as well as riding to them since it is road registered.

At the moment, the 13-45 combo is making it chug too much on the trails, too much, too fast, but pretty nice on the road to just cruise along in 5th without doing anything

SO...

What i want to know is what is the best combo to combine some good off road higher gearing type so you can get some revs up and not be so chuggy and fast even in 1st & 2nd But keeping the road revs still quite low so it can go along at 100+ kms without reving its guts.

Should I put the old sprockets back on it?

Anyone who can help would be awesome but love to hear about your trip to India, keep us posted!

mountainboy65
1st December 2008, 21:20
Just google BIG RED PIG and look at the US websites. They are fanatics out there and adore this machine. Everything I have done to this bike, I copied off the US forums and from friendly email advice. As for India...who wouldn't? Have been dreaming for 18 months. Europe, the Stans, Pakistan, India...look at HORIZONSUNLIMITED on the web. It will blow you away! Ed

Tony W
2nd December 2008, 05:27
45/13 = 3.46:1

48/14 = 3.43:1

Only a pedant would dispute the fact that these two sprocket combos are the SAME.

IMO run 48/13 giving a ratio of 3.69:1 making it more 'revvy'.

mountainboy65
3rd December 2008, 20:00
Bike now sold! Thanks guys!