PDA

View Full Version : trollydolly1 handlebars!

CookMySock
2nd December 2008, 19:30
Theres a trademe seller making bars for many common bikes - trollydolly1.

I bought a bar off him - "made to order" aparrently. Anyway the bar turns up and has a strange feel to it when fitting it - sorta squishy, so I winch it on tight and wtf? its still finger loose - the thread is parallel not tapered, and it won't seat properly. Growl! It'll do for now until I can get a proper one.

Hrm, it looks like crap too.. it has a soft aluminium finish that scratches real easy and doesn't look anything like the factory anodized one - quite a different colour, now I have non-matching bar ends.. ugh.

So I put the clutch lever back on and its real damn tight.. oh well I must bent it in the fall - so I bend the clutch bracket and get it on eventually.

Grip fitting time.. struggle, struggle, heave, heave, WTF? TIGHT!! Measuring time! and the bar is the wrong FUCKING SIZE?? WTF?

I email the bloke and get told that "staff sent the wrong one from the warehouse - should have done it himself - he'll send me a courier bag to send it back". Pardon? My new bar was "made to order" - see the auction here
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=187182630

Nah I've had enough - theres a genuine factory one in auckland for $140 so I told him "no thanks, I'll return it" and instantly his caps lock key gets inadvertantly left on in the rest of his emails - you know the type. :no:

So no courier bag shows up, so I pay for it myself and send it back and he refunds my money, less my postage.

Ah yeah whatever mr trollydolly, never again kthx, bye.

Steve

JimO
2nd December 2008, 21:18
hehe fagboy:clap:

boomer
2nd December 2008, 21:20
Have you heard the saying.. what you do is what you get? So why does this not surprise me?!

McJim
2nd December 2008, 21:23
Have you heard the saying.. what you do is what you get? So why does this not surprise me?!

Don't you mean "you reap what you sow"?

boomer
2nd December 2008, 21:25
Don't you mean "you reap what you sow"?

no ya daft bastard.., i meant, 'what you do is what you get!' I'm a norfern munkey remember.. i say what i like and i like what i say!!!

Brown breads for puffs !

The Pastor
3rd December 2008, 10:19
whats this? cheap copies on trademe not up to standard? WTF this has just got to stop! what has the world come to?