PDA

View Full Version : Champagne rescue mission

MaxCannon
5th December 2008, 22:27
So this morning I was riding to work when I spotted a woman in her BMW pull out of her driveway with something sitting on the roof of her car.
Thinking how pissed I'd be if I took off and left something on my roof only to loose it I thought I'd flag her down and let her know.
This proved a bit harder than I thought when I pulled to the side of the road and attempted to flag her down - she just drove straight on like I wasn't there.
So I pull back onto the road and race up behind her flashing my lights and hitting the horn.
This time she gets the message and pulls into a side a street.
She winds down the window and I pull alongside.
She gives me a somewhat concerned look and says "hi"
Without a word I grab the gift box bottle of Moet that is sitting rather precariously on the roof and pass it through the window to her.
The look on her face was totally priceless !

TOTO
5th December 2008, 23:04
was she hot ?

shafty
5th December 2008, 23:06
.....good PR for Bikers.

I once did the same, was sitting behind a hatch back at the (red) lights, and spotted a cordless phone sitting perched on the rear wiper, I just had time to grab it, race round to the drivers window and say "the phones for you" - and the lights turned green. As you said, the look on her face was worth it!

Brian d marge
6th December 2008, 02:08
I thought they could multi task????

Stephen

kevfromcoro
6th December 2008, 02:35
Stopped at the lights at manukau city once
and there was a van waiting to turn right
there was a cat on the roof
to busy to stop
so dont know what happened to it

Fatt Max
6th December 2008, 07:43
Good on ya mate,

We ride the horses so we have to be the knights of the road. Good effort, so many would have not bothered.

Anyway, was she hot....?:Punk:

MaxCannon
6th December 2008, 12:01
I knew I left out the most important detail

Yes - she was hot.

gijoe1313
7th December 2008, 09:16
It's times like these we should have inbuilt helmet cameras so we can take pics! :msn-wink:

All shaweet, funny thing is rwh and I were riding out from Kaiaua from a feed of fush n'chups and just out to KawaKawa we were stuck behind a 4WD trailering a boat.

Well, we are pootling along waiting for the next opportune passing moment when a bit whizzes off the boat and looking like a bouncing bomb dropped from a Lancaster ends up in the back yard of a house! (I saw this since I was following rwh who also saw the bit fly off).

Anyways, rwh overtakes gets the guy to pull over and he has a quick yarn about it.

Bikers are in a paradoxical position being filthy biker scum and rolling samaritans. Paying it forward is something that comes a little more naturally to us I guess, being subject to the attentions of Biker Gods! :yes:

slimjim
7th December 2008, 09:31
that's the Christmas spirt....good show...

wbks
7th December 2008, 14:02
to busy to stop
so dont know what happened to itI just know I should feel guilty for laughing out loud when I read that:mellow:

Laava
7th December 2008, 17:35
You think that's bad! Check out what this person has left on their roof!
http://www.sealclubbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/roof_on_car_one_bike_left_rear.jpg

The Stranger
7th December 2008, 17:41
I knew I left out the most important detail

Yes - she was hot.

No!
The most important detail is photos.

barty5
7th December 2008, 20:08
A clever biker would have gone past stood on the pegs and helped them selves to the bottle.