PDA

View Full Version : March Tour of NZ

Slim
11th February 2005, 07:53
Just over 2 weeks to go until I'm on holiday for the entire month of March! :banana:

I'm picking up an english friend on the morning of the 1st of March & we're going touring for the entire month. I'm hoping to meet as many KBers as possible during this time, so here's the thread to see if we can arrange something with enough warning for everyone involved. :niceone:

Basic Itinerary at present:

1 - Pick up Steve & return to Te Puke.
2 - Day off for Jet Lag 5:30pm meet at the Flyover Tavern in The Mount?
3 - Day round the Coromandel & possibly back to Te Puke or may stay in Coromandel the night
4 - Head right up north & stay near Kaitaia (afternoon tea in Whangarei??)
5 - Check out Northland & stay another night
6 - Head for Hamilton to stay the night there, maybe SH22 & Raglan on the way?
7 - Head for New Plymouth possibly via Taupo/Turangi
8 - Ride to Wellington to stay with Mitch. How about a Wellington meet this night or the next night???
9 - Day in Wellington, check out Te Papa, etc. The Man joins us this evening. Wellington Meet?
10 - 09:00 ferry booking to Picton

Two weeks in the South Island which are very fluid due to the cancellation of the Britten Meeting. The weather report we see on the ferry will determine which way we start off the trip & it'll flow on from there. A Christchurch meet seems like a good idea, if only for a couple of beers to say "Hi" one evening. :) We're definitely hitting Milford Sounds, Queenstown, Invercargill & the West Coast although no certain dates.

The Man's pretty much in charge of the Sth Island section since he's done it several times before.

24 - We're on a 6pm ferry back to Wellington to impose on Mitch again.
25 - Over the Rimutaka's & heading for the Hawkes Bay for Easter weekend.
26 - Maybe up to Gisborne? Maybe check out the Southern Stone Henge?
27 - Maybe through to Taupo? Maybe short rides round the Hawkes Bay area?

28 - The Man's birthday which will be celebrated in Hastings with BBQ & lots of alcohol, possibly including whisky! :apint:
29 - Hangover recovery day for The Man. Head back to Te Puke this afternoon/evening
30 - Maybe cruise out to Whakatane, maybe Rotorua, may just laze around the Bay of Plenty
31 - Pack Steve up & head for Auckland this afternoon since his flight's not until 22:30 or something equally late.

So whaddayall reckon then? :apint: :wari:

ktulu
11th February 2005, 08:19
Fuck that sounds like an awesome month mate, should be a lot of fun, would love to do that some day myself. Hope it goes well

wari
11th February 2005, 08:41
DOnt furr-gitt to pack spare socks and undies ... :wari:

ENjoy yurr tour mate ... :spudwave:

HOpe it'll be :sunny: ...

Juan
11th February 2005, 10:42
Enjoy... sounds like mega fun..... hope it stays fine...

LB
12th February 2005, 04:28
Will probably meet you somewhere along the line Slim: we are off for most of March also.

4: up to Pukekohe
5 and 6: Pukekohe for the racing
7: back to Wgtn, catch 5.30pm ferry
8-26: South Island, itinerary to be decided on a day-by-day basis taking into account the weather and my whim
27: back across on the Ferry

Jantar
12th February 2005, 15:51
If you're anywhere in the Southern South Island on the 15th - 18th March count me in to join you. :sunny:

dangerous
12th February 2005, 20:02
A very busy sounding month that, As you guys come off the m/w into Chch you will pass my joint lean on the horn or drop in to rest ya ass's or for a coffee/beer other wise we will sort out a evening somewere.
Honda Riders Club NZ and a couple of us KBer's are trying to sort out something for the w/e that the JBM was to be on...... thining bout Ruapuna for the day on Sat and a ride over to the coast on Sun.... maybe, working on it.
HRC have a group still comming down as are a few KBer's

Skunk
12th February 2005, 20:31
I reckon you've got a great trip lined up. :niceone:

8 - Ride to Wellington to stay with Mitch. How about a Wellington meet this night or the next night???
9 - Day in Wellington, check out Te Papa, etc. The Man joins us this evening. Wellington Meet?
So whaddayall reckon then? :apint: :wari:And I'd be into a meetup - hopefully the rest of the Wgtn slackers can pull their arses off the couch too :shake:

Skyryder
12th February 2005, 21:09
Could connect on the Chch leg. Will keep an eye on this post and see what happens

Skyryder

Rod Steel
12th February 2005, 23:05
zeRax and I (among others) are located in Blenheim and could possibly meet somewhere in Picton or Blenheim the day you come over on the ferry for a cruise/drink/whatever if work allows.

Cheers
Azza

zeRax
12th February 2005, 23:08
this man speaketh the truth

Slim
13th February 2005, 07:47
Jantar & Dangerous - could you please PM me your contact numbers & I'll return the favour. We've got somewhere to stay in CH I believe (must remember to get Craig to call his niece about that!)

Lynda - I've got your mobile number, so I might text you when we hit the South Island & see where you're at. :)

Rod & ZeRax - sounds like our ferry bookings may have been changed due to the problems with one of the ferrys. I'll keep you posted & talk to Craig about what the plan is when we arrive on your fair isle.

Skunk - We've got 2 weeks before I go incommunicado, so I'm sure we'll sort out something. :niceone:

Skyrider - I'm really looking forward to meeting some SI KBers. :)

Jantar
13th February 2005, 08:10
Jantar & Dangerous - could you please PM me your contact numbers & I'll return the favour. We've got somewhere to stay in CH I believe (must remember to get Craig to call his niece about that!)

Done.

For anyone else who want's to get in touch when down this way, I have posted my cell phone number in my my personal notes. :)

Zapf
13th February 2005, 19:45
I am planning on touring the South Island around 10~2x ish as well. So would be great to meet up with some KB'ers and I'll be hopefully with the HRC on some of their rides.

I would be keen on meeting up with any KB'ers for part of the tour :)

Slim, Lynda, you guys keen?

soundbeltfarm
13th February 2005, 21:20
sounds cool.
when in this area give us a buzz if ya want.
i;ll be keen for a bit of a day ride with you .or if you;s need a beer or whatever.
laters

LB
14th February 2005, 04:19
I am planning on touring the South Island around 10~2x ish as well. So would be great to meet up with some KB'ers and I'll be hopefully with the HRC on some of their rides.

I would be keen on meeting up with any KB'ers for part of the tour :)

Slim, Lynda, you guys keen?
Happy to meet up if it works out - we're very footloose and fancy free with no fixed plans so we may or may not be in the right area.

Zapf: will PM you my mobile # and you can text me when you get down there and see what pans out.

Zapf
15th February 2005, 11:37
tkns guys. hopefully I'll see you all ! :)

oh and thanks Slim for letting me borrow your thread :) must pay my dues on the S/I trip.

Cajun
15th February 2005, 13:49
1 - Pick up Steve & return to Te Puke.
2 - Day off for Jet Lag 5:30pm meet at the Flyover Tavern in The Mount?

30 - Maybe cruise out to Whakatane, maybe Rotorua, may just laze around the Bay of Plenty
31 - Pack Steve up & head for Auckland this afternoon since his flight's not until 22:30 or something equally late.

I am in for a :apint: at the flyover tavern, any maybe interested in the ride around somewhere drop us a line (c:<

BNZ
15th February 2005, 15:34
I reckon you've got a great trip lined up. :niceone:
And I'd be into a meetup - hopefully the rest of the Wgtn slackers can pull their arses off the couch too :shake:

Count me in! Why dont we setup a wellington meet in the calendar now - Pencil in the 8th, and move it to the 9th if weather looks better then? :banana:

Ms Piggy
15th February 2005, 16:16
...make sure you do the Buller Gorge and the Haast Pass. :2thumbsup

MSTRS
15th February 2005, 17:09
25 - Over the Rimutaka's & heading for the Hawkes Bay for Easter weekend.
26 - Maybe up to Gisborne? Maybe check out the Southern Stone Henge?
27 - Maybe through to Taupo? Maybe short rides round the Hawkes Bay area?

28 - The Man's birthday which will be celebrated in Hastings with BBQ & lots of alcohol, possibly including whisky! :apint:
29 - Hangover recovery day for The Man. Head back to Te Puke this afternoon/evening

Sounds absolutely crap. Don't do it. not now. Not ever. Where's the Jealous emoticon? Have a great time, safe riding. Look us up when you get here - we'll crack a bottle of 12yo Dunstandin

RiderInBlack
15th February 2005, 19:30
Sounds like it's going to be a KB invation of the South in March. I'll be down there from 15th through to the 24th. Should have a Grand meeting and Piss-up of KB'ers while we are all there (Just shoot me if that has already been suggested. I'm very busy trying to organise all my customs before I go, and am not reading the threads throughly at the moment). Would be happy to put you guys up when you're up this way, but be warned that I am a little flat-out during the week at the moment (trying to organise Horse owners again:brick: ).

scumdog
15th February 2005, 23:14
Any of you guys that think you're going to be here in March (or anytime) PM me and I'll let you know if I'm likely to be home - got a few days off in March.

Always a place to stop for a drink - or for the night

Mongoose
16th February 2005, 04:11
Any of you guys that think you're going to be here in March (or anytime) PM me and I'll let you know if I'm likely to be home - got a few days off in March.

Always a place to stop for a drink - or for the night

Failing him, try PMing the Mongoose for Southern Hospitality, usually a spare bed,food,coffee, drink lurking around here.
And no, there is no way I would be jealous of anyone who has the time to cruise around the SI, nope, not none, never no way!! :ar15: :yeah:

Sniper
23rd February 2005, 07:57
zeRax and I (among others) are located in Blenheim and could possibly meet somewhere in Picton or Blenheim the day you come over on the ferry for a cruise/drink/whatever if work allows.

Cheers
Azza
Well best get in line :) :shake:

Slipstream
23rd February 2005, 15:58
Well, if you are around wellington, :apint: :niceone:

But the chances of you reading this when you are on a tour....:confused:

Slim
23rd February 2005, 23:34
Right.

2 nights left at work, then I'm on holiday. Can we set dates and locations for the Wellington & Christchurch meets?

Blenheim/Picton - we arrive in Picton on Thursday the 10th of March at 12:30. Anyone want to meet us off the ferry for an afternoon ride?

Or we leave 2 Thursdays later on a 7pm sailing - anyone want to meet between 5-7pm somewhere in Picton for a drink?

soundbeltfarm
24th February 2005, 08:09
you planning on coming through taranaki?
let me know?
cheers

Rod Steel
24th February 2005, 17:18
I'm up for meeting you at the ferry if you want and going for a ride or mini golf :2thumbsup

And if your not sick of me the 1st time can have drinkies with ya before ya head back over the creek.

Cheers
Azza

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 17:33
A very busy sounding month that, As you guys come off the m/w into Chch you will pass my joint lean on the horn or drop in to rest ya ass's or for a coffee/beer other wise we will sort out a evening somewere.
Honda Riders Club NZ and a couple of us KBer's are trying to sort out something for the w/e that the JBM was to be on...... thining bout Ruapuna for the day on Sat and a ride over to the coast on Sun.... maybe, working on it.
HRC have a group still comming down as are a few KBer's

I'm in with Dangerous on this one!, gimmie a yell if anyone needs anything.

Slim
25th February 2005, 04:20
OK. I'm out of here in about 2 hours & on holiday. :banana:

WELLINGTON PEOPLE: We're staying with Mitch (note to self: call her & remind her!) so maybe we can attend the regular Thursday nighter???? Let Mitch know if any plans are made.

CHRISTCHURCH PEOPLE: I've got Dangerous & Kickaha's details, so I'll be in contact with them when I know when we're heading your way & maybe something can be sorted out. :)

Moving to Te Puke ... finally! :D :D :D

4 weeks holiday. :D :D :D

Ms Piggy
25th February 2005, 04:25
Have a baslt Slim! I knoiw you will! :niceone:

ajturbo
25th February 2005, 08:07
I am in for a :apint: at the flyover tavern, any maybe interested in the ride around somewhere drop us a line (c:<

yer give me a call also......
andy

James Deuce
25th February 2005, 08:10
Looking forward to meeting you!

Make sure you make Mitch work.

You should try TOTNR, unless you want stuff your tyres before you get down south.

Zapf
6th March 2005, 01:39
Oh well, I might as well stick my travel details on HERE (http://www.bancorp.co.nz/temp/Zapf_travel_plan.htm)

I'll be on 029 241 0185

RiderInBlack
6th March 2005, 08:39
Oh well, I might as well stick my travel details on HERE (http://www.bancorp.co.nz/temp/Zapf_travel_plan.htm)

I'll be on 029 241 0185So close on some days Zapf. Will see you on the HRCNZ days.

Slim
7th March 2005, 21:35
Awww shite, Turbo! I missed your post! We were at the Flyover, as planned, on the 2nd & Banana Man showed up! Sorry to miss you. :(

Jim2 - we're hitting Mitch's place tomorrow (Tuesday) evening & will still be there Wednesday evening. I've got a grotty, dusty chain I'm hoping she'll be able to clean & re-lube at tech, while we've pinched her van to check out Wellington on Wednesday! ;)

I have NO idea if a meet has been set up for the Wellington peeps!!!! Please advise by text on 027 2894998 if such as been organised, or contact Mitch. Cheers!

Update: We've hit New Plymouth with just over 2,000kms on the clock. Coromandel, Northland & Waikato (briefly) dealt to & heading south to Wellington Tuesday. We're on the ferry on Thursday & I'm looking forward to handing over the reins to The Man for the South Island leg.

Steve (the Englishman) reckons that every day has been better than the last! :gob: I'm not sure how much longer that can last. :lol:

You South Islanders that have PM'ed me - I've got your numbers printed out, so expect to hear from me in the next week or so. :niceone:

ajturbo
7th March 2005, 22:28
hey slim.. all's cool.. just have a great time!!

dangerous
8th March 2005, 05:27
1) Steve (the Englishman) reckons that every day has been better than the last! :gob: I'm not sure how much longer that can last. :lol:

2) You South Islanders that have PM'ed me - I've got your numbers printed out, so expect to hear from me in the next week or so. :niceone:

1) its only just begining, it will get a shit load 'better' :niceone:
2) When do you hit Chch? and what part of town are you guys staying? :apint:

ps: Happy Birthday

Slim
8th March 2005, 07:39
1) its only just begining, it will get a shit load 'better' :niceone:
2) When do you hit Chch? and what part of town are you guys staying? :apint:

ps: Happy Birthday
1. So people keep telling me! :niceone:
2. I'm not sure. The Man is in charge of the South Island part of our tour & where we head & when will be entirely dependant on what the West Coast weather looks like while we're on the ferry.

Thanks. :D

Zapf
11th March 2005, 09:57
has anyone got a bottle of scott oil that I can top up in Chch? for a few $$ of course. As I am afraid of running dry.... but didn't want to carry the massive big bottle with me thanks

RiderInBlack
11th March 2005, 11:48
has anyone got a bottle of scott oil that I can top up in Chch? for a few $$ of course. As I am afraid of running dry.... but didn't want to carry the massive big bottle with me thanksGot some spare from my previous bike (don't have an oiler on "Rox"). Will bring it down with me if you like. Crossing on Tuesday. Celephone is 027 4534350 if you what to txt.