PDA

View Full Version : Britten at TT 2005

Juan
11th February 2005, 09:05
seems the sound of thunder will again be on the circuit... From www.iomtt.com

http://www.iomtt.com/news/FullStory.asp?StoryID=1631

TonyB
11th February 2005, 11:36
Shit, we never get to see them in action HERE anymore. I still remember the way the ground used to viabrate when it came past at Ruapuna, or watching them wheelie the full length of the straight, or the time they raced one against a Pitt Special (aerobatics plane) and a helicopter at Warbirds Over Wanaka. The Britten kicked butt!

Only skim read it, but isn't that a hell of a lot of dough and hassle for a parade lap?

Juan
11th February 2005, 11:47
Shit, we never get to see them in action HERE anymore. I still remember the way the ground used to viabrate when it came past at Ruapuna, or watching them wheelie the full length of the straight, or the time they raced one against a Pitt Special (aerobatics plane) and a helicopter at Warbirds Over Wanaka. The Britten kicked butt!

Only skim read it, but isn't that a hell of a lot of dough and hassle for a parade lap?

Yes but what a parade lap!!! would love to do a "lap" on closed roads... a mate marshals for the cycle races, they use the TT course, closed, and he gets to GLF on closed roads.... He loves it even on an FJR 1300 :niceone:

Wonko
11th February 2005, 14:48
I remember it at Paeroa a number of years ago, ahead of the pack my the length of the streight, mono over the start/finish line. What a machine it is. I'm more surprised that they didn't have the sponsorship worked out prior to now. Whould be good exposure.