PDA

View Full Version : 91? 95? 98? Force 10?

greminn
8th December 2008, 19:36
Hi there,

I have a 2007 Honda VTR250.. I nomally fill up the car with gull force 10... But I'm wondering what fuel I should use in the bike?

Thanks!

Simon

EJK
8th December 2008, 20:10
Try diesel bro, It's cheaper.
Kidding, well most bikers put either 95 or 98.

slofox
8th December 2008, 20:13
Hi there,

I have a 2007 Honda VTR250.. I nomally fill up the car with gull force 10... But I'm wondering what fuel I should use in the bike?

Thanks!

Simon

Check with Honda first for fuel line etc compatibility. I use Force 10 in the 07 SVS with Suzuki's blessing. Equivalent 98 octane and same price as most 95. Cleaner engine, less emissions etc etc .......better fuel.

samgab
8th December 2008, 20:16
IMHO, although it may not be necessary, I don't think you can go wrong with 98. I always like to use Mobil 8000 or BP Ultimate myself. I don't know if there really is any benefit if you don't have something with a turbo or very high compression ratios or a supercharger, but it certainly can't hurt, right? Worst that can happen is I'm throwing a bit of money away on needlessly expensive fuel. Best that can happen is avoid knocking or pinking and apparently get better economy.

klyong82
9th December 2008, 15:07
I know from their fact sheet they say that any Honda bike after 1990 will be able to use Force10 but like slofox said check with Honda. I am staying away from it because my Fireblade likes BP 98

vifferman
9th December 2008, 15:50
Find out what the minimum octane rating (RON) is for the VTR, and use that. Anything else will give you LESS power and waste your money.
I use 91 in the VFR, and I bet it's got a higher compression ratio than the VTR.

shingo
9th December 2008, 21:58
I have used everything except Force 10 in my vtr and i haven't noticed a difference between fuels types.

The main reason i haven't used Force 10 is i've heard it can degrade some types of rubber fuel line. Am yet to see or hear of it happening, but i also don't plan on putting it to the test.