PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Van

MyGSXF
8th December 2008, 20:13
Today I had to make the call, to put my beautiful girl to sleep.. :bye: the Vet said she had Liver Cancer.

Her name was Vancouver, we called her Van. She was a British Blue

She was 14, & we had her for the last 9 of those years.

She was 'my' girl & was always there for me, with her faithful affection & love.

R.I.P Van.. I love you forever xxx

Nasty
8th December 2008, 20:18
a beautiful babe at that ... i am sure you will miss her.

Pussy
8th December 2008, 20:18
Sorry for your loss, Jen
Furry little buggers really tug on the heartstrings, don't they?

RIP, Van

Bren
8th December 2008, 20:21
I know what you are going through Jen...I still miss Bob dribblin all over me....:crybaby:

Mrs Busa Pete
8th December 2008, 20:22
I so sorry to hear than jen it is not a good feeling having to do that. If i was there i would give you a big :hug: so i will just have to send one. Take care.

Trudes
8th December 2008, 20:26
Awww :hug:
RIP Van.

Jantar
8th December 2008, 20:30
Oh gee, I am sorry to hear that Jen. Van was lovely, and so cool the way she let me pick her up as a complete stranger, and purred so contentedly. A lovely cat. :bye:

spookytooth
8th December 2008, 20:32
Been there done that it's not good.My last guy was a nutter lived life at 100 mp.One night i got home from work he was waiting for me,came and said hi then went and sat at my sons door till he got home.He did the same with every one in the house.Then he walked out the door.Last time we ever saw him>he knew his time had come and wanted to say good by to us all.

MyGSXF
8th December 2008, 20:45
Thanks everyone.. :grouphug:

This may sound odd, but she is having one last sleep on my bed tonight, curled up in her favourite spot, looking jus like she is fast asleep as normal..

The kids have taken it hard too, specially Jess :mellow:

Van was lovely, and so cool the way she let me pick her up as a complete stranger, and purred so contentedly.

She sensed something in you Malcolm, coz she has not let anyone else do that!

Today seems somehow appropriate though.. coz it's been a gloomy rainy day..

Thanks heaps to my friend Karen for coming round & taking care of us.. love you heaps hun :hug:

Goblin
8th December 2008, 20:46
Sorry to see this Jen. Bad timing.
:hug:
RIP Van.

1 Free Man
8th December 2008, 20:59
Condolences my dear.
You don't realize how much you enjoy having critters under you feet until they are gone.

Okey Dokey
9th December 2008, 07:37
Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm glad you looked after your Van in the end. In these situations the easy thing is to do nothing, you made the hard choice and put Van first and yourself second.

I'm sure you have lots of happy memories of Van to comfort you. Take care.

007XX
9th December 2008, 07:55
Sorry mate, I really am...

Big hugs to you and RIP to Van.

Mom
9th December 2008, 07:57
Oh Jen, sad. I know exactly where you are at mate, very hard to make a decision like that. Love you to all. :love:

MyGSXF
9th December 2008, 09:02
Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm glad you looked after your Van in the end. In these situations the easy thing is to do nothing, you made the hard choice and put Van first and yourself second. I'm sure you have lots of happy memories of Van to comfort you. Take care.

Yes. There was no choice really :no: I had her at the vets a month ago getting several jabs & fluids & steroids.. she picked up again really well & we thought she was back to her usual nutty self.. but a week ago, she went down hill again real quick. :( I didn't want her to suffer, or to keep her going on pills.. prolonging the inevitable.. so tis better this way that she went peacefully. She gave me so many happy years & so much love & affection. She always knew when I needed extra cuddles! She was such a "deep" cat!!

Even at 14, she believed she was still a kitten!! :p She would go nutty over a piece of scrunched up paper on the floor & play with it for ages, then come back & have another go.. after her nap on my bed in the sun! :shutup:

We have so many happy memories of her & we are grateful that we had our special time with her, in our family !:love:

TOTO
9th December 2008, 09:10
RIP Van, looks like a nice cat.

Pussy
9th December 2008, 09:36
Got four of the little feline furries here... they're family.
Worst thing I've ever had to do was pick up off the road the lifeless body of Muddy (who looked quite a bit like Van)

martybabe
9th December 2008, 16:12
That really is a shame, sorry babe. I'm so glad she brought you so much joy over the years.:hug:

cold comfort
9th December 2008, 16:25
Sorry to hear that Jen. My favouite cat was a Blue Burmese with character to burn. Must have gone down a rabbit hole and never surfaced. Looked and advertised for weeks. I was gutted ,so understand how you feel.

Motu
9th December 2008, 16:48
My cat was mauled by a dog at 11.30pm last night,he was a hell of a mess with one eye hanging out.At midnight the vet decided that perhaps the injuries were too much,and with all the surgery he might die anyway - so we had him put to sleep.Not what my 12 year old son need to see happen to his pet.I've not had a good day - we gave him a home and love he would never of had,this is not the reward I was looking for.RIP with your brother Kelvin.....

Nutter34
10th December 2008, 17:15
Sorry to hear about your cat Jen. May he play in the fields and chase mice and birds all day...

Curious_AJ
11th December 2008, 11:44
:( i see too much of this at work ...

it still hurts every time though...

RIP Van.

My condolences to you.

sels1
11th December 2008, 19:49
My condolences Jen, and to Motu and family also.

Mom
11th December 2008, 19:55
Yes. There was no choice really :no: I had her at the vets a month ago .......:love:

Yeah Jen that is not nice. I had a similar thing with an old cat of mine "totty". He got sick with his kidneys, steroids and antibiotics and he came right for 6 weeks or so, repeat again, poor old thing. I had an 18 month old toddler that LOVED him so much, he never got a seconds peace, I also had a new baby and could not supervise his peace as I could have without the children.

The vet said he could keep on topping him up with drugs and he would go a bit longer, but hell, no rest for my poor pussy cat. I know the horrible thing it is to have to call it.

My cat was mauled by a dog at 11.30pm last night,he was a hell of a mess with one eye hanging out.At midnight the vet decided that perhaps the injuries were too much,and with all the surgery he might die anyway - so we had him put to sleep.Not what my 12 year old son need to see happen to his pet.I've not had a good day - we gave him a home and love he would never of had,this is not the reward I was looking for.RIP with your brother Kelvin.....

Dude, that is terrible. Sorry to hear about it, specially hard for your son.