PDA

View Full Version : Roadtrip to the Naki - Approx. 13/12/08 to 21/12/08

BiK3RChiK
9th December 2008, 09:01
I'm heading to the Naki around the 13th until about the 21st. I'll be staying with my mum and sis but would like to meet up with some kb'rs while down there. :sunny:

Heading down via Rotorua, Atiamuri, Whakamaru, Benneydale, Piopio, Awakino, Mokau. Destination - Egmont Village. Well, that's the plan atm...

See you all :soon:

Naki Rat
9th December 2008, 10:16
Egmont Village is my neighbourhood. I'm usually up for a ride in the weekends so PM if you're keen :cool:

Pussy
9th December 2008, 10:18
I'm just down the road at Bell Block... give us a yell

martybabe
9th December 2008, 10:37
You know your way to the mansion babe, your always welcome and if you give us some warning I'm sure Pussy and Gassit girl could bring cake :lol:

BiK3RChiK
9th December 2008, 10:42
You know your way to the mansion babe, your always welcome and if you give us some warning I'm sure Pussy and Gassit girl could bring cake :lol:

I haven't forgotten and fully intend to visit! I'll keep you informed - I like cake!:yes:

Mavis

nadroj
9th December 2008, 11:51
I like some kinds of cake - yummmmmm.

naphazoline
9th December 2008, 12:42
watch out for the road works between awakino and mt.messenger.
as pussy's thread states,it's pretty shitty at the mo' :(
normally that area is a great scoot.

martybabe
9th December 2008, 12:52
Egmont Village is my neighbourhood. I'm usually up for a ride in the weekends so PM if you're keen :cool:

I like some kinds of cake - yummmmmm.

Cake and a meet up with Bik3rchick then, Pussy we need cake :niceone:

naphazoline
9th December 2008, 13:13
Cake and a meet up with Bik3rchick then, Pussy we need cake :niceone:

i gotta bloody work this weekend :crybaby:
i finish 6am on sunday :(
but if you guys are going to be out on sunday afternoon,i'd love to meet some of you as well.

martybabe
9th December 2008, 13:27
but if you guys are going to be out on sunday afternoon,i'd love to meet some of you as well.

She's here 13th-21st so we've got quite a window to meet up but it's Bikerchicks call as to when the cake eating session will be , be nice if ya could get up here mate, she does scantily clad magic tricks and a wicked naked Karaoke,oh no wait, that was my mom. :whistle:

Pussy
9th December 2008, 13:33
You wanting cake, Marty?? :D

You'll have to speak to Headquarters..... remember I'm just the pleb around here

naphazoline
9th December 2008, 13:35
She's here 13th-21st so we've got quite a window to meet up but it's Bikerchicks call as to when the cake eating session will be , be nice if ya could get up here mate, she does magic tricks and everything. :whistle:

i'll keep my eyes on this thread,and when i get back to work on thursday,i might see if i can wrangle another days leave out of them.

martybabe
9th December 2008, 13:36
You wanting cake, Marty?? :D

You'll have to speak to Headquarters..... remember I'm just the pleb around here

Pleb you may be but your influence on banana cake baking is legendary :yes:

Pussy
9th December 2008, 13:38
I'll arrange a negotiations summit and see how I get on. Watch this space

BiK3RChiK
9th December 2008, 17:59

Well, it looks like I might have to make it Sunday afternoon then! Suits me fine actually...

She's here 13th-21st so we've got quite a window to meet up but it's Bikerchicks call as to when the cake eating session will be , be nice if ya could get up here mate, she does scantily clad magic tricks and a wicked naked Karaoke,oh no wait, that was my mom. :whistle:

You wish! :laugh:

Is Sunday alright for you Marty? and what about Pussy and Gassit Girl? Would you both be available on Sunday afternoon?

Oooh, yeah! Looking forward to it...

BiK3RChiK
9th December 2008, 18:01

Yeah, I've been watching that thread.. Hopefully, they've got their shit together before the weekend and sealed it! Well, here's hoping anyway...

martybabe
9th December 2008, 18:14
Well, it looks like I might have to make it Sunday afternoon then! Suits me fine actually...

Is Sunday alright for you Marty?

Should be babe I'm working on it. Are you coming on the bike ? I fail to see how it would accommodate a present as large as the one your bringing me.:laugh:

BiK3RChiK
9th December 2008, 18:18
:rofl: Sorry darling! But yes, I'm coming on the bike :spanking:

tommygun
9th December 2008, 18:31
Ive got a red bike, your yellow and the naki rats is green so if you want a traffic light coloured ride I,m free on most Fridays and Saturdays (kids, wife and house work permitting of course hehehe :cool:) drop me a line if you want

naphazoline
9th December 2008, 19:07

You wish! :laugh:

Is Sunday alright for you Marty? and what about Pussy and Gassit Girl? Would you both be available on Sunday afternoon?

Oooh, yeah! Looking forward to it...

don't make it sunday on my behalf.i'll work around you :)

looks like saturdays weather might be a little dodgy.but who knows,the forecast seems to change from day to day :rolleyes:

BiK3RChiK
9th December 2008, 19:24
Ive got a red bike, your yellow and the naki rats is green so if you want a traffic light coloured ride I,m free on most Fridays and Saturdays (kids, wife and house work permitting of course hehehe :cool:) drop me a line if you want

Well, I'm arriving Saturday, weather permitting (the thought of riding through the Awakino Gorge and all the reported roadworks to Mt Messenger gives me the shits!) but Saturday the following weekend might be a goer. I'll PM you...

don't make it sunday on my behalf.i'll work around you :)

looks like saturdays weather might be a little dodgy.but who knows,the forecast seems to change from day to day :rolleyes:
Hey, no worries! Sunday afternoon would be great! Yeah, if the weather doesn't play ball:Oi: then I might not be down till Sunday. Here's hoping...

Movistar
9th December 2008, 20:25
I'll be keen to say 'gidday!

Especially if there's banana cake involved! (and maybe a wee ride too!)

Naki Rat
9th December 2008, 20:51
Hey, no worries! Sunday afternoon would be great! Yeah, if the weather doesn't play ball:Oi: then I might not be down till Sunday. Here's hoping...

Sunday works best for us as Ms. Rat works Saturdays. Weather looks like possible showers on Friday but fine and calm beyond that :2thumbsup though rain again after the weekend.

pritch
10th December 2008, 09:32
Is there actually a ride involved in this or are y'all just going to eat?
Personally I don't bake, but Woolworths do...

martybabe
10th December 2008, 10:24
Is there actually a ride involved in this or are y'all just going to eat?
Personally I don't bake, but Woolworths do...

:laugh: I think we may be able to do a little ride but obviously the priority would be cake eating.

Right in all seriousness, I propose a little ride on Sunday if Bikerchik has traveled down on Saturday, followed by cake and coffee on my balcony, subject to the following.

1. Gassit girl and pussy can bring cake
2. Good weather
3. bikerchik hasn't just ridden 4000 miles from edgecomb

That's about as far as my organisation goes, anyone want to throw in their 2c, feel free, be nice to have a wee gathering of the Naki clan and it seems like a good excuse.

Suggestions please .................

Dazza
10th December 2008, 10:48
I haven't forgotten and fully intend to visit! I'll keep you informed - I like cake!:yes:

MavisThat's a bit scary, I went to highschool with a girl called Mavis who lived on Egmont Rd,just out of Egmont Village :mellow:

BiK3RChiK
10th December 2008, 11:59
That's a bit scary, I went to highschool with a girl called Mavis who lived on Egmont Rd,just out of Egmont Village :mellow:

Well, I might just be the one, then, since I don't remember too many Mavis' who lived on Egmont Road! :cool: Oh, and I did go to High School too:lol: in Inglewood! Ugh! Man, that's too many memories...

nadroj
10th December 2008, 12:03
As long as you don't look like Dazza!

Dazza
10th December 2008, 12:39
Well, I might just be the one, then, since I don't remember too many Mavis' who lived on Egmont Road! :cool: Oh, and I did go to High School too:lol: in Inglewood! Ugh! Man, that's too many memories...Keep quite in the cheap seats Kevin :wacko: same High School here, Mavis's parents had a Dairy farm on Lwr Egmont Rd which is now owned by her other brother & Tim was in my 5th form engineering class with Tom Blundle.So I know who you are,what's your memory like from 24yrs ago ;)

BiK3RChiK
10th December 2008, 13:58
Keep quite in the cheap seats Kevin :wacko: same High School here, Mavis's parents had a Dairy farm on Lwr Egmont Rd which is now owned by her other brother & Tim was in my 5th form engineering class with Tom Blundle.So I know who you are,what's your memory like from 24yrs ago ;)

Ugh! Do you really want to go there? School sucked! Big time!!

Pussy
10th December 2008, 14:05
Barbie and a few bevvies at chez Pussy on Saturday night, Mavis. You might want to fit that in to your schedule, too!

BiK3RChiK
10th December 2008, 14:21
Barbie and a few bevvies at chez Pussy on Saturday night, Mavis. You might want to fit that in to your schedule, too!

Ah, ok... I'll see what I can do! Hi Mum, Bye Mum!! :girlfight:

I'm sure I can arrange that though... Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Dazza
10th December 2008, 14:27
Ugh! Do you really want to go there? School sucked! Big time!!Not really, but school wasn't too bad :crazy:I'll stop reminding you now,:yes:

BiK3RChiK
10th December 2008, 17:42
Keep quite in the cheap seats Kevin :wacko: same High School here, Mavis's parents had a Dairy farm on Lwr Egmont Rd which is now owned by her other brother & Tim was in my 5th form engineering class with Tom Blundle.So I know who you are,what's your memory like from 24yrs ago ;)

You know, this really is quite freaky! Reading about a part of your life, written by someone else who I haven't seen for what? 25 years? :eek5:

Quiet now, Dazza!:lol:

Pussy
10th December 2008, 18:25
Do we expect to see some "behind the bike sheds" exploits being made public soon?? :devil2:

BiK3RChiK
11th December 2008, 07:18

So what time do I rock on up to this bbq, Pussy? I've already told mum my weekend is booked!:done:

Cheers, M

Pussy
11th December 2008, 09:58
So what time do I rock on up to this bbq, Pussy? I've already told mum my weekend is booked!:done:

Cheers, M
Late afternoon... early evening. I'm in charge of the quality control of the Mac's Gold....

Slyer
11th December 2008, 10:03
I lived in Egmont Village for nearly 10 years!
Where abouts in Egmont Village?
I'm heading down there just before Christmas.

BiK3RChiK
11th December 2008, 15:23
I lived in Egmont Village for nearly 10 years!
Where abouts in Egmont Village?
I'm heading down there just before Christmas.

exactly 2 mile down Egmont Road... I'll be leaving the weekend before Christmas to avoid the madness!:2thumbsup

Naki Rat
11th December 2008, 18:45
Our Saturday night is already booked for Ms. Rat's work Xmas do, but a ride on Sunday arvo still sounds good. Text or call to advise :Punk:

BiK3RChiK
11th December 2008, 19:14
K. Will do... I've had a bit of an emergency with one of my work vehicles here:argh:, so I'm hoping we can get it sorted tomorrow so I can still go on Saturday or I'll be majorly :angry2:

BiK3RChiK
11th December 2008, 19:16
Our Saturday night is already booked for Ms. Rat's work Xmas do, but a ride on Sunday arvo still sounds good. Text or call to advise :Punk:

Will do Naki Rat... I'm looking forward to a bit of a ride on Sunday arvo too, so will give you a text.

HungusMaximist
11th December 2008, 20:25
It's been about nearly a year since I went down to the Nak, however I had head in to New Plymouth today.

I do have to say, there's bit of resealing work/gravel on State highway 39, from Ngaruawahia to Otorohanga, and your odd work on Stage highway 3, so do watch out for cement blasts.