PDA

View Full Version : KK's New(to him) KDX200

Kwaka-Kid
11th February 2005, 17:27
Hey guys,
Just cant help posting to share how happy i am :)

Picking up my 1995 Kawasaki KDX200H on sunday all going well.

Yippdy Doo!

Yes unfortunatly this means i need to get rid of some bikes and stuff (7-8now?) Unfortunatly that means the XR500Z. Truth be told i wasnt muscle enough to ride the beast properly anyway, ive passed it onto my old man so he can reco the motor and come out on the dirt with me sometime, its such a hard beast to ride, i really really loved it, enjoyed the 1 main ride i took her on, whole day outing @ Woodhill, that was the hardest workout ive had ever! (those who have seen me know thats not saying much though, hehe)

So yes, heres a pic of my baby, any advice is welcome im only too keen to learn about them. Only thing is its my first 2 stroke and they worry me re: big end bearings etc, semi-keen to rip her apart and do a big end, rod kit, etc etc, just not in the financial position to.

Two Smoker
11th February 2005, 17:51
Congrats Logo :niceone: Its a fucking mint bike...

BUT YOU BETTER NOT FUCKING STOP RACING IN F3 FOR A WHILE !!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

FROSTY
11th February 2005, 18:05
good onya dude--that makes 2 of us with new toys in our playroom :niceone:

Kwaka-Kid
11th February 2005, 18:07
haha, dont i wish

Unfortunatley the purchasing of this bike is the beginning of the end in the short scope of my Racing days.

Those who know me know my goals and its real sad and i reaallly do love circuit racing, and its depressing to think about giving up, but it kind of has to be done at some stage, a line must be drawn and i can vagually see the faint line from here.

I guess the most positive way to look at it is that its the beginning of the end of the beginning of my Circuit racing days. Oh yes. the middle bit will sadly be non-existant but there is most definatley the will to return when i learn to manage finances properly.

Anyways im sure i will cover this in another thread :)

FROSTY
11th February 2005, 18:14
DONT YOU FUCKING DARE YOU LITTLE SHIT!!!!!!!!
i wanna beat ya fair and square --on the bloody track --not by default on points--At least finish this club series

Motu
11th February 2005, 19:06
The water cooled KDX 200 came out in 1989 and is still a good seller today,almost unchanged....the thing was sorted from the word go.With such a long run there is just so much parts and info available for them it's almost not worth getting anything else.I'm looking for a road legal one if I can't get a DT230.

I never really liked them,but I'm not stupid enough to pick any holes in them - any bike that makes you look like a better rider than you are is one you adapt to,not muck around with changing things.Just don't sieze it and stuff up that nikasil bore or you'll be in big trouble,look after those power valves...I've had to do a few of those,an easy repair,but why let it happen in the first place?.

Krusti
11th February 2005, 19:20
Good on ya...Had a couple of KDX's myself over the years. Easy to ride, reliable and good torque for a two stroke.

Have fun :niceone:

k14
11th February 2005, 19:34
Saw that on trademe and thought it was going for a pretty decent price. Want to get one of those babies myself in the near future.

Kwaka-Kid
11th February 2005, 22:42
cheers guys, and yes motu :) cheers for that :) Dont know much about powervalves etc but im wiling to learn.

its an H model, and the bike is almost no different to a brand new one, in terms of parts used etc. Steel box frame, and can tell its 1995 as it has a purple seat.

Anyways yeah, thing i heard was that they are far too soft in the front, so a set of harder springs makes them far better in handling, it wont dive into corners so badly as they do std... i doubt i can afford harder springs so a homejob is in place i think... heh heh heh. But cheers guys :) i figure its what i need, a modern, reliable machine that is light and can be thrown around as i would like to get back into some jumping (and the old 1984 XR200 went thru 2 rear shocks getting around 2m of air) when i was younger and im really hoping this thing wont be the same.

Anyways motu what can i do to look after her? Will talk to you sometime when you are in at work next.

sAsLEX
12th February 2005, 02:17
congrats on the new bike dude, you will need a new avatar Crusty Demon style!!

erik
12th February 2005, 08:09
Nice one Logan :niceone:

XTC
12th February 2005, 08:17
Shame.... :) You could have bought my bike.... But probably not for the price you got that for
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/AJAdams/01.jpg

Why do attachments not work for me??

Motoracer
12th February 2005, 11:16
Sweet man!! Glad you got the bike :niceone: