PDA

View Full Version : I am gatch, hear me roar

gatch
11th December 2008, 22:49
Howdy, im Gatch, originally from levin, now palmy north. Im an apprentice fitter/turner with delusions of riches and naked woman when my time is complete.. :grouphug:

Iv been riding bikes for nearly 9 years now, since i was 14 (very nervously then), only had 2, 89 rg50h and my current 89 spada, but i am fortunate to know a bunch of others who have been trusting enough to let me go for a hoon on theirs, and i havnt binned a loaner yet :beer:

I have binned mine tho, a few times my fault, sometimes not, ie down a bank through a fence, washing out in gravel, oncoming car in my lane, turning vehicles etc and so on..

Iv been as far as dunedin in the south and sadly only wanganui in the north, and many places in between, (the old spada in the snow on "sports" tires is not much fun).

Now shamefully my scoot is in a fairly poor state and i am considering a rebuild (in my bedroom of all places), and hopefully if the bank isnt blown doing it i might have a go on the track too, 250 proddies watch your back ;)

so thats my piece, have at me..
donations in the hat, thank you

banditrider
12th December 2008, 20:41
Gidday, if ya want to go on some group rides checkout these threads: weekend rides (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=73009) and friday nite rides (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=60028)

KiwiKat
12th December 2008, 20:53
Howdy, im Gatch, originally from levin, now palmy north. Im an apprentice fitter/turner with delusions of riches and naked woman when my time is complete.. donations in the hat, thank you

A man of your skills should be able to get a tapered thread anytime. Time is never complete.

Enjoy the Manawatu, great riders to get to know, crappy winds. There are always rides coming up. How bad is your bike?

donations in the hat, LOL, Join the club. :Punk:

H00dz
12th December 2008, 23:01
Welcome, eva up these ways give EJT a holla hes always keen for a ride

gatch
13th December 2008, 12:17
yeah i could probably do a taper thread if i had a sample to screw onto it, depends how much of a taper, much more than 20deg included probably not, our lathes are not set up for it.. im usually keen to do some saturday morning perkies at work.

well now the spada.. its pretty sorry lookin, "race slick" rear tire, leaky forks, worn brakes, doughy suspension, rattly motor, swingarm bearings move, then there is the paint..

its all fixable, just being on an apprentice wage while paying off a shit bank loan and having a hunger the size of 3 men, the old scoot has taken a back seat..

fire eyes
13th December 2008, 12:54
so I take it naked men dont enter the equation huh lol .. welcome dude :laugh:

gatch
14th December 2008, 18:56
i get naked all the time, does that count ?