PDA

View Full Version : Killing Facebook?

SixPackBack
12th December 2008, 06:30
Have come to hate facebook and would now like to wipe any trace of myself from its presence........how do I do this thing?

Grahameeboy
12th December 2008, 06:32
Something to hide.....

portokiwi
12th December 2008, 06:35
Never trusted it... You can look into others sites with out them knowing.

Grahameeboy
12th December 2008, 06:37
Never trusted it... You can look into others sites with out them knowing.

You mean like KiwiBiker...or FaceBiker...lol

The Stranger
12th December 2008, 06:49
Have come to hate facebook and would now like to wipe any trace of myself from its presence........how do I do this thing?

They're on to you eh?

portokiwi
12th December 2008, 06:50
Kiwi biker isnt as bad as face book.
You know on here that anyone can look at your stuff.

BOGAR
12th December 2008, 07:22
I think you will find when you close your account they put it on "hold" for you in case you wish to return. Might be best to delete as much as you can before putting the account on hold. The account is no longer visible though I believe. Mine no longer seams to be.

xwhatsit
12th December 2008, 12:39
You're right, you can't get rid of it completely, but it's as good as gone. Just `persists in backups' for a wee while but there's no information available to Facebook members any more.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/11/04/delete-cancel-and-terminate-facebook-account-and-profile/

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/11/technology/11facebook.html?_r=1&ei=5090&en=a3dab29e8dd0e185&ex=1360386000&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=all

Finn
12th December 2008, 12:44
I hate Facebook and can't understand the attraction. Surely we are spending far too much time on the internet as it is.

I did join last year and then all these fags started sending me virtual drinks and smiley faces... asking me how I felt today. There's no emotion for wanting to kill people so I deleted my profile.

Social networking. Pffft. Try meeting people in real life and learn the art of face to face communication.

mstriumph
12th December 2008, 12:45

but - why?
------ it's fun?

The Stranger
12th December 2008, 12:47
Social networking. Pffft. Try meeting people in real life and learn the art of face to face communication.

Come on, have you met Sixpack, he's never going to pass himself off as a 13yr old face to face.

Finn
12th December 2008, 12:53
Come on, have you met Sixpack, he's never going to pass himself off as a 13yr old face to face.

You're right. 13 year olds are much taller.

Tank
12th December 2008, 12:55
I killed my facebook. (it can be done)

Here is how:

I started getting "friends request" from people at school etc - people that I actually hated. Why add me as a friend FFS?? - we used to beat the shit out of each other.

So I would post all sorts of disturbing crap all over their profiles - you know pictures of dead cats and comments like remember when we killed Mr X's cat, or comments about he used to brag about rooting (another of his facebook 'friends' (he didnt BTW)).

You can get rather creative and have a ton of fun if you put your mind to it.

Dosn't take long to get banned - and then your account is gone-burger forever.

You're welcome.

marioc
12th December 2008, 13:30
I hate Facebook and can't understand the attraction. Surely we are spending far too much time on the internet as it is.

I did join last year and then all these fags started sending me virtual drinks and smiley faces... asking me how I felt today. There's no emotion for wanting to kill people so I deleted my profile.

Slightly hard to talk to people face to face when they live in another country.

Skyryder
12th December 2008, 13:39

No idea SPB but you can always try a variation of the ostrich's idea of buying the face in the sand by not logging on.:dodge::wavey:

Skyryder

nodrog
12th December 2008, 13:48
Slightly hard to talk to people face to face when they live in another country.

they have this invention, its called the aeroplane i think.

marioc
12th December 2008, 13:55
comedian huh

Slyer
12th December 2008, 13:56
It's great for catching up with old friends, sharing photos etc.
Not a fan of the applications and things.

XxKiTtiExX
12th December 2008, 14:49
Now that you are leaving facebook Andrew we best keep in touch on bebo... I'll be sure to send you some bebo love... ;)

R6_kid
12th December 2008, 15:54
You're screwed mate, the company that owns the rights to facebook is owned by IT investment arm of the CIA. You're already in the system and they know who you are.<_<

Marmoot
12th December 2008, 16:00

You just got an online breakup eh?

Just edit your information and change them to bogus values.

But if someone else tagged your name on a picture you're basically f**ked

pzkpfw
12th December 2008, 17:03
Geez, my wife was using FaceBook to keep in touch with her friends. (Actual people she knew from school and stuff).

She had pics of herself, me (without my permission) and our kids on it.

Nothing dodgy, but some of the pics of dressed-up-for-a-party (including our teenage daughter) a bit risque. (I can't spel).

She was stunned when I pointed out how her albums were open to the public, not just her friends; and she quickly went in and changed settings.

Far too easy to share too much, and get dragged into "friendships" that are not needed (and sometimes not wanted).

cs363
12th December 2008, 17:13
Apparently it can be done, according to this: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=16929680703

Though I would delete as much as possible such as pictures etc before pressing the button.

Like Finn I can't see the attraction of sites like Facebook & Bebo etc., if you want to keep in touch with people what's wrong with email or MSN/Yahoo messenger etc?

mstriumph
12th December 2008, 20:28
You're right. 13 year olds are much taller.

you said that? ....... YOU said that?? :laugh:

The Stranger
12th December 2008, 22:29
Geez, my wife was using FaceBook to keep in touch with her friends. (Actual people she knew from school and stuff).

She had pics of herself, me (without my permission) and our kids on it.

Nothing dodgy, but some of the pics of dressed-up-for-a-party (including our teenage daughter) a bit risque. (I can't spel).

She was stunned when I pointed out how her albums were open to the public, not just her friends; and she quickly went in and changed settings.

This thread is useless witout pics

gammaguy
12th December 2008, 22:38
its easy-just start up a "i like bumsex with small rodents"group,wait for all the weirdos to join in,then none of your online friends will ever talk to you again.

Or, someone will complain about it,your account will be deleted,and presto,no more facebook.

either way,job done:yes:

SixPackBack
13th December 2008, 05:38
..........................sending me virtual drinks and smiley faces... asking me how I felt today. ........

Thats the part about facebook I dislike the most-being sent snowballs and shite, whats with that?

I'm a SEXY BITCH and you know it

You're screwed mate, the company that owns the rights to facebook is owned by IT investment arm of the CIA. You're already in the system and they know who you are.<_<

Meh....chances are every cop on KB new me before facebook anyways.

I have at least 60 requests to join all sorts of mindless games and groups on facebook and that part of facebook annoys the shit outa me. if it was just a social net working site I would be sold, but really all seems capable of doing is wasting time-and I do enough of that as it is!

Oh and *Marmoot*.........the relationship/s are all good thanks bro':yes:

MisterD
13th December 2008, 06:46
if you want to keep in touch with people what's wrong with email or MSN/Yahoo messenger etc?

It's the easiest way for me to post the latest photos of MasterD in one place so all the family back home can see them...I've never understood this making friends with people you've never met malarky, isn't that what KB's for?

1 Free Man
13th December 2008, 06:56
Try sending to random stranges pic's of ya one eyed monster with all sorts of leud suggestions. somebody will dob you in and they will ban you for life.
hey it's worth a crack. Oop's sorry maybe wrong choice of word.

Trudes
13th December 2008, 07:26
Thats the part about facebook I dislike the most-being sent snowballs and shite, whats with that?

I have at least 60 requests to join all sorts of mindless games and groups on facebook and that part of facebook annoys the shit outa me. if it was just a social net working site I would be sold, but really all seems capable of doing is wasting time-and I do enough of that as it is!

Same. I joined it because a friend kept nagging me to do it, so I did, same with bloody Bebo, and now I have friend requests from random people, little flower things and requests to join games and shit.:crazy:
I think it's people with way too much time on their hands, so I just ignore them all, haven't time for all that crap. Oldfriends is better if you just want to catch up with old school or work mates, none of the social network request and daisy shit.

Swoop
13th December 2008, 16:11
I got chatting to a 14 year old girl on the Internet. She was clever, funny, flirty and sexy, so I suggested we meet up.

She turned out to be an undercover detective.

How cool is that at her age?!

Joke, people. Joke.

gammaguy
13th December 2008, 16:15
I got chatting to a 14 year old girl on the Internet. She was clever, funny, flirty and sexy, so I suggested we meet up.

She turned out to be an undercover detective.

How cool is that at her age?!

Joke, people. Joke.

meh....the best girls work on top of the covers:yes: