PDA

View Full Version : Bastard truckers

colsan1
12th December 2008, 09:06
On wed night i was almost forced off the road by a twat of a trucker
I was in my car doing 90kmh and this moron was driving about 4 feet
off my back bumper. I couldnt let him pass as the road was pretty narrow
but i just kept to the left when we got to a passing lane.
He the pulls level with me and matches my speed,with the two lanes
about to merge back into one, the fucker was deliberately trying to put me in a ditch.
I had to floor it to get back in front of him just as we got back to one lane.
At the next junction as i'm sitting waiting to turn right he throws a
bottle at my car then jumps out and gives me a smack in face.
Luckily i got his reg number and the police pulled him about 2 minutes later.
Turns out the dick head is already disqualified from driving and shouldnt even be on the road.
His mate was also arrested for perverting the cuase of justice as they swapped
places in the cab and his mate said he was driving
I shot off email to the haulage company and spoke with their national manager yesterday.
His contract with them has now been torn up so he's earnings are now zero,
he's got a million dollars worth of trucks impounded and is also being charged
with assualt/GBH with a max penaly of 7 years.
My injuries are minor and will be gone in a few days.
I'd just like to wish him a merry xmas. . . . Ho Ho fuckin Ho :tugger:

prettybillie
12th December 2008, 09:11
Good on you for doing something about it. Us bikers get shit all the time for how we ride and it is about time the police took notice of all the other idiots on the road!!!!

Reido
12th December 2008, 09:12
woo justice is served.. for a change..

would be a whole other story if you were on your bike >_<

nodrog
12th December 2008, 09:19
he obviously wanted to go faster than your 90kph. why didnt you let him past you in the passing lane?

MaxB
12th December 2008, 09:45
he obviously wanted to go faster than your 90kph. why didnt you let him past you in the passing lane?

Still does't justify the overreaction. IMO he should never hold an HT licence again. Plus if he has them I would be taking a long look at his wife & kids to see if he is as handy with his fists at home.

laserracer
12th December 2008, 09:51
wankers like him give truckies a bad name.. hope they throw the book at him

michael
12th December 2008, 09:59
I never sit next to a truck or infront of one, in a car or bike. I'm not physics genius but I would have thought that a 18 wheeler would take longer to stop than a cage or bike, yet so many trucks sit on your arse. Sometimes I wonder whether it's because they think they can stop faster than anyone else or because they just wana scare you out of the way.

firefighter
12th December 2008, 10:18
yet so many trucks sit on your arse. Sometimes I wonder whether it's because they think they can stop faster than anyone else or because they just wana scare you out of the way.

hmm, I have driven large old trucks, and I can say I never tailgated, but you know when you catch up to someone then have to slow down then loose your momentum? we'll that's 10-fold in a truck, and you don't want to loose that momentum, also you can see a long way past that vehicle so you can see if that vehicle is likely to have to stop, now the reason they're so close is so they can pass you i'd say, ok on the motorway that's b/s but on the open road that's why they follow close like that, but really if your on the open road and a truck is tailgating you perhaps you should speed up a bit yourself or have someone more capable drive you...... I'm not at all excusing tailgating form trucks just clarifying it a little.

Insanity_rules
12th December 2008, 10:25
Bloody hell, glad you ok and got something done about it.

Swoop
12th December 2008, 10:33
Umm?
I am presuming this is in NZ not the "UK for now"??:scratch:

motorbyclist
12th December 2008, 10:47

he did and the guy didn't pass cause he's clearly a wanker and got what he deserved

though if i was the OP i would've slowed to get behind the truck

drives me nuts when people crawl through areas where you can't pass and then speed on the passing lanes

colsan1
12th December 2008, 11:51
I know about losing momentum and generally i will make way for trucks when i can.
when he was tailgating i couldnt pull over to let him pass as there was nowhere for me to pull into.
As soon as i reached the passing lane i kept left to allow him to pass.
I couldnt tuck in behind him as there were other vehicles behind him.
when he did pull out he had no intention of passing. He could have easilly
passed me but he didnt. He accelerated untill the middle of his rig was level with me then he eased off to match my speed.
If i could have tucked in behind him i would have but it wasnt safe to do so.
the sensible thing was to floor it and get the fuck out of there which is what i did.
I wasnt holding him up, he was going to fast and expecting others to get out of his way.
I'm sure there are decent blokes in trucks out there, unfortunately he isnt one of them.

firefighter
12th December 2008, 11:59
I know about losing momentum and generally i will make way for trucks when i can.
when he was tailgating i couldnt pull over to let him pass as there was nowhere for me to pull into.
passed me but he didnt. He accelerated untill the middle of his rig was level with me then he eased off to match my speed.
the sensible thing was to floor it and get the fuck out of there which is what i did.
I wasnt holding him up, he was going to fast and expecting others to get out of his way.
I'm sure there are decent blokes in trucks out there, unfortunately he isnt one of them.

Er, that's great dude I was actually quoting "michael". I didn't think you did anything wrong.....(apart from being a NANA)

Finn
12th December 2008, 12:05

Exactly. And why were you doing 90kph?

Sure, this guy went too far but who can honestly say they never wanted to get out and smash some idiot driver right in the face?

On my way top work this morning, I wanted to do it about 5 times.

nodrog
12th December 2008, 12:15

so there was a whole line of cars trying to get past you as well as the truck?

Spyke
12th December 2008, 12:17

Sure, this guy went too far but who can honestly say they never wanted to get out and smash some idiot driver right in the face?

Yes, but did you actually follow through with your quick burst of anger??? :baby:

good that you didn't, means that you can control the devil on your shoulder a little bit. On the other hand the trucker obviously listens to said devil a little too much and is now getting some karma throwen his way. :first:

Finn
12th December 2008, 12:30
Yes, but did you actually follow through with your quick burst of anger??? :baby:

No, but that's got more to do with the fact that I'm only 4 foot tall. Check my profile.

michael
12th December 2008, 12:34
so there was a whole line of cars trying to get past you as well as the truck?

Mmmmmmm, :shifty: it all makes sense now

Jdogg
12th December 2008, 12:38
correct me if im wrong, but isnt the speed LIMIT for trucks 90km/ph? Soooo why would the truck need to go faster? It takes alot to stop 10 ton+ from 90k let alone a higher speed.

I have just finished doing 18000ks around the north island and the amount of trucks that fly along doing 100ks intimidating driver by tailgating etc, is unbelievable, and at the same time due to the speed their trailers are all over the show, going onto the side of the road and flicking up shit from the shoulder, I say good job the truckie got what he deserved, the sooner the shit drivers are off the road the better it will be for not only the responsible truck drivers but the rest of us.

Finn
12th December 2008, 12:39
I have just finished doing 18000ks around the north island

Shit, you must have got lost a few times.

PirateJafa
12th December 2008, 12:41
correct me if im wrong, but isnt the speed LIMIT for trucks 90km/ph? Soooo why would the truck need to go faster?

You can't be serious, surely?

Saying that, on THIS website?

"Isn't the speed limit for motorcycles 100km/h? Soooo why would a biker want to go faster?"

:stupid:

Jdogg
12th December 2008, 12:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdogg View Post
I have just finished doing 18000ks around the north island
Shit, you must have got lost a few times.

Ha, Im a rep so I drop up to 3000ks a week, and I only get lost when my damned GPS puts me wrong.....

Katman
12th December 2008, 12:44

"Isn't the speed limit for motorcycles 100km/h? Soooo why would a biker want to go faster?"

:stupid:

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

:msn-wink:

Jdogg
12th December 2008, 12:46

Bit different stopping a bike from 10k over the speed limit than a 20 ton truck. and do you tow a trailer on your bike that flicks shit from the side of the road at me all the time?

And more to the point I dont condone speeding unless it on the track......(does state hw 56 qualify as a track?)

AlBundy
12th December 2008, 12:47
I'm going to go with... Some people need to sit their drivers licenses again. The amount of times people ride 100 on a dual/passing section, then slow to 90 or 80 when it goes single lane is astounding. Don't these people have the required skill to maintain 100?

Some of these roads are wide, with WRB seperating traffic but yet, they still slow down...

Now, I'm not excusing the truck guy here for his actions but the fact you had a queu of traffic behind him, indicates you should maybe have slowed more to let them by.

Another point, truckies generally know the roads really well, since they drive them a lot. So they know where they can make up time and where they have to slow. So, they would get annoyed when some guy sits below the limit and holds them up... I drive a diesel van and have the same issues sometimes...

Finn
12th December 2008, 12:51
Ha, Im a rep so I drop up to 3000ks a week, and I only get lost when my damned GPS puts me wrong.....

There's an easy fix to such GPS glitches such as; "Perform a U- turn" on the friggen motorway or "Turn right" when there isn't a right or there is and it's a one way street - the wrong way. In the menu go to settings. In the voice selection, change the voice from female to male.

Takes a man to give directions.

PirateJafa
12th December 2008, 12:58
Bit different stopping a bike from 10k over the speed limit than a 20 ton truck. and do you tow a trailer on your bike that flicks shit from the side of the road at me all the time?

Not as much as you might think. Either way you're both still going faster than you ought to be. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that rubbish.

And no, my bike doesn't tow a trailer. However my car does, and it even flicks motorbikes and parts thereof off the back. ;)

I'm going to go with... Some people need to sit their drivers licenses again. The amount of times people ride 100 on a dual/passing section, then slow to 90 or 80 when it goes single lane is astounding. Don't these people have the required skill to maintain 100?

Some of these roads are wide, with WRB seperating traffic but yet, they still slow down...

Now, I'm not excusing the truck guy here for his actions but the fact you had a queu of traffic behind him, indicates you should maybe have slowed more to let them by.

I would have thought that the WRBs would be the main reason they slow down. Nasty things those!

Nonetheless, the OP should have pulled over to the side of the road and let everyone else past. The trucker was apparently a bit of a nut, but that does not excuse your own thoughtlessness! :)

madbikeboy
12th December 2008, 13:33
Good on you for getting the final result. More Crazy truckers off the road.

colsan1
12th December 2008, 13:43
Lets get this straight.
I was doing 90kmh on a single lane road.
On that rode there was NOWHERE for me to pull over to.
when we reached a passing lane i DID NOT speed up.
when the truck pulled level HE SLOWED DOWN to match my speed.
HE COULD HAVE EASILLY PASSED ME WITH LOTS OF ROOM TO SPARE.
AS I LIFTED TO ALLOW HIM TO PASS HE LIFTED ASWELL.
THERE WERE NO SOLID YELLOWS SO HE COULD ALSO HAVE PASSED LOTS OF
TIMES BEFORE THE PASSING LANE.
i WAS AS FAR OVER TO THE LEFT AS I COULD GO.
HE WAS HOLDING THE CARS UP NOT ME.
SO LETS NOT HAVE ALL THE UMS AND AARRS ALL I DID WAS DRIVE AT 90KMH.
IF HE WANTS TO PASS AND CANT THERES NOT A LOT I CAN DO APART FROM
MAINTANE MY SPEED KEEP OVER TO LEFT AND WAIT FOR A PASSING LANE.
THATS EXACTLY WHAT I DID.
AS FAR AS I KNOW 100KMH IS THE MAXIMUM SPEED NOT A COMPULSORY SPEED.

nodrog
12th December 2008, 13:55
Lets get this straight.
I was doing 90kmh on a single lane road.
On that rode there was NOWHERE for me to pull over to.
when we reached a passing lane i DID NOT speed up.
when the truck pulled level HE SLOWED DOWN to match my speed.
HE COULD HAVE EASILLY PASSED ME WITH LOTS OF ROOM TO SPARE.
AS I LIFTED TO ALLOW HIM TO PASS HE LIFTED ASWELL.
THERE WERE NO SOLID YELLOWS SO HE COULD ALSO HAVE PASSED LOTS OF
TIMES BEFORE THE PASSING LANE.
i WAS AS FAR OVER TO THE LEFT AS I COULD GO.
HE WAS HOLDING THE CARS UP NOT ME.
SO LETS NOT HAVE ALL THE UMS AND AARRS ALL I DID WAS DRIVE AT 90KMH.
IF HE WANTS TO PASS AND CANT THERES NOT A LOT I CAN DO APART FROM
MAINTANE MY SPEED KEEP OVER TO LEFT AND WAIT FOR A PASSING LANE.
THATS EXACTLY WHAT I DID.
AS FAR AS I KNOW 100KMH IS THE MAXIMUM SPEED NOT A COMPULSORY SPEED.

hes driving a truck not a fuckin sports car, its not like he can just whip around and pass you is it. you knew you were doing 90kph, you knew there was a truck wanting to get past, you knew there was a line of traffic behind you, why didnt you slow down in the passing lane and let them past?

Fatt Max
12th December 2008, 14:07
So, it's not just me then.

F*****g good on you for nailing this bastard and hitting him where it hurts with the rozzers. Hope you are not too busted up over the whole thing. Geezer sounds like a complete brainless hooligan who thinks blind intimidation is the way to earn friends and influence people.

Take it easy mate

Someone give this man a great big beer please.....:first:

AlBundy
12th December 2008, 14:10
Lets get this straight.....AS FAR AS I KNOW 100KMH IS THE MAXIMUM SPEED NOT A COMPULSORY SPEED.

It wasn't a direct dig at you. It was an observation that came up within the realms of the thread.

There are a lot of people that use exactly that logic to justify holding people up.
People harp on about curteousy but don't reciprocate and pull over to let others pass... Then wonder why others get annoyed...

But yes, said truck driver was being an ass and he got what he desrved...

Crazy Steve
12th December 2008, 15:14
I was in my car doing 90kmh

90kph are you seroius ? Why not do 110kph and leave the said Bastard Truckie behind?

and this moron was driving about 4 feet
about to merge back into one, the fucker was deliberately trying to put me in a ditch.

You had to floor it...?? Why not stop ? ?

You heard the bottle hit your car and the Truck pull up beside your car and you left your window down or you drivers door unlock...Why not lock your door and not get out or wind your window up...

Turns out the dick head is already disqualified from driving and shouldnt even be on the road.

Dont think soooo Buddy what about the Log book factor ? ?

I shot off email to the haulage company and spoke with their national manager yesterday.
he's got a million dollars worth of trucks

Havnt seen a real million dollars worth of Truck in ages....You sure is was worth that much ? ? Was parts of it made in Gold ?

impounded and is also being charged

Yeah good on ya mate...The guys probaly still got a family to feed/House....And because your a cock they will go hungry and homeless...

I once read on the back of a Mainfreight truck...80% of life is what your handed..

And the other 20% is how you react to what your handed...(I could be wrong with that Quote...)

You should of both reacted differently...:bash:

Crazy Steve.

mattian
12th December 2008, 15:51
Thank crikey that this didn't happen while you were riding your bike..... shit! that could have been another story altogether! Isn't it funny the way road rage can take control of some people that way. If he had just been sensible, tolerant and driving his truck normally he would still be driving be earning a crust for himself and his family. He is what you call a Grade A tosser.

DUCATI*HARD
12th December 2008, 16:01
I was in my car doing 90kmh and this moron was driving about 4 feet
he's got a million dollars worth of trucks impounded and is also being charged

dont ya know they are KING of the road

Richard Mc F
12th December 2008, 16:07
dont ya know they are KING of the road

Yeah right, I spent 20 years working with them, TRUCKWITS........lord some of them are 'tards

Dooly
12th December 2008, 18:08
Singlets, shorts, and beer bellies.
And thats in Winter.:lol:

FlangMasterJ
12th December 2008, 19:39
Has anyone thought about someway concealing a metal pipe to their motorcycle just in case this type of incident occurs?

I couldn't sit back and let some fucker slap me.

Good on you for reporting this piece of shit.

I'm seething just thinking about it :angry:

Ixion
12th December 2008, 19:54
Tyre lever. Cable tied to a frame member. Or a fuck off big adjustable spanner, ditto

lb99
12th December 2008, 19:54
Bit different stopping a bike from 10k over the speed limit than a 20 ton truck

not really, same process, heart in mouth, hit picks, maybe change down, look for escape route, brace for impact.......just like a bike really.

I spend a fair bit of time driving trucks, and I can safely say that tailgating truck has a good 100m on you as far as vision goes, and has most likely dropped a couple of gears and applied the brakes before you even noticed the hazzard approaching.

more car drivers fuck it up than truck drivers.
that said there is no excuse for cowboy road bullies

DUCATI*HARD
12th December 2008, 23:48
Yeah right...

im talking about the trucks,,,not the drivers,,,you wanna fuckwitt a truck you aint gonna win:bye:

fatzx10r
13th December 2008, 04:33
Has anyone thought about someway concealing a metal pipe to their motorcycle just in case this type of incident occurs?

I couldn't sit back and let some fucker slap me.

Good on you for reporting this piece of shit.

I'm seething just thinking about it :angry:

just head but them with your helmet on.....or take it off and smash it around their face. handy thing's the old helmet's :msn-wink:

owner
13th December 2008, 04:43
What was the firms name?? come on!!!!! name and shame play the game.

sounds like road rage to me,

BiK3RChiK
13th December 2008, 04:59

You did the right thing, in my book! This guy was disqualified from driving. What a menace to society. Good on you! +1 from me...

Mully Clown
13th December 2008, 05:29
He got what he deserved. But it sounds like you were both being dicks out on the road.

wbks
13th December 2008, 11:45
Yeah good on ya mate...The guys probaly still got a family to feed/House....And because your a cock they will go hungry and homeless...

I once read on the back of a Mainfreight truck...80% of life is what your handed..

And the other 20% is how you react to what your handed...(I could be wrong with that Quote...)

You should of both reacted differently...:bash:

Crazy Steve.Yes, its the guys fault for making the truckers family go hungry and homeless. Are you kidding?!

SARGE
13th December 2008, 11:50

hell... i had some wanker on a pushie pull in front of me in Westhaven Thursday..wanted to bash the plonker till i realized it was you..

good seein ya btw plonker..

Finn
15th December 2008, 12:05
hell... i had some wanker on a pushie pull in front of me in Westhaven Thursday..wanted to bash the plonker till i realized it was you..

good seein ya btw plonker..

I saw you checking out the girls arse as you drove slowly by. Hope you weren't playing with your tools.

Max Preload
15th December 2008, 13:12

If you were doing 90km/h then you most likely were holding him up. I'm not excusing the bottle throwing or assault, but did you slow down when he went to pass or keep the same speed? Any time anyone goes to pass me in the car, I slow - it makes it safer for both of us.

sunhuntin
15th December 2008, 13:28
If you were doing 90km/h then you most likely were holding him up. I'm not excusing the bottle throwing or assault, but did you slow down when he went to pass or keep the same speed? Any time anyone goes to pass me in the car, I slow - it makes it safer for both of us.

ditto... i slow down when i come to passing lanes. if im doing say, 90k, ill slow to about 80 to let any built up traffic get past. if needed, i make use of the extra "run off" at the end thats designed for stragglers to get past... not a lot of drivers seem to realise that. [ya know, the hatched angled lines? sometimes seen on the shoulder of hills where a passing lane doesnt exist]

but the most annoying thing is tail gaters who refuse to pass on passing lanes. ive had to slow to almost 50k coming back from new plymouth due to a car load of wankers who tail gated, and then refused to pass. i had to force them to pass, which resulted in me losing all my momentum.

the trucker had no right to throw either the bottle or the punch... glad he got his dues.

Jdogg
15th December 2008, 15:08
max preload:If you were doing 90km/h then you most likely were holding him up. I'm not excusing the bottle throwing or assault, but did you slow down when he went to pass or keep the same speed? Any time anyone goes to pass me in the car, I slow - it makes it safer for both of us.

You do realize that the speed limit for trucks is 90k.....so how can he be holding him up?? I pity the fool that thinks speeding in a 40 tonne truck is ok?
I see it all the time (and please feel free to refer to my earlier posts) Trailers all over the show flicking up shit, near misses on corners due to the truck cutting it as he realizes mid corner he is going too fast, holding up all the other road users as they creep past another truck doing 92.5ks on a tiny passing lane so nobody else can pass. The majority of truckies sweet, the cowboys are a menace

Max Preload
15th December 2008, 15:19
Didn't realise the thread starter was a cop...

Jdogg
15th December 2008, 15:26
Didn't realise the thread starter was a cop...

I didnt realise that had anything to do with the price of fish.....

The point is you seem to think that anyone drive at 90k is holding a truckie up . which they are not....why do you think most trucks are electronically limited to 90k? maybe beacause the danger that is presented by doing more than 90k in a truck on NZ roads is quite unsafe.....but hey whatever floats ya boat