PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Topeak endurance

DZL
12th December 2008, 09:12
G'day all . . . . the head unit of my Topeak has finally succumbed to the stresses of life on a Pampera (Impacts, vibrations, moisture) but so far no amount of Googling has located a current supplier for the 'Endurance' model new .. . does anybody know if these are still a current model, who in NZ might still stock them, or if anyone has a used one they'ld sell me (I dont care if you've lost the pickup or the wire is shredded) . . . at this stage I dont want to go looking at other types because all the other hardware is in place on my bike & in good order. Yes, I've changed the battery & checked the wiring & connections ~ failure can safely be attributed to a damaged (now superglued) case due to an inverted landing! Thanks, DZL/BrooC in Taradise.

DZL
12th December 2008, 11:21
G'day all . . . . the head unit of my Topeak speedo has finally succumbed to the stresses of life on a Pampera (Impacts, vibrations, moisture) but so far no amount of Googling has located a current supplier for the 'Endurance' model new .. . does anybody know if these are still a current model, who in NZ might still stock them, or if anyone has a used one they'ld sell me (I dont care if you've lost the pickup or the wire is shredded) . . . at this stage I dont want to go looking at other types because all the other hardware is in place on my bike & in good order. Yes, I've changed the battery & checked the wiring & connections ~ failure can safely be attributed to a damaged (now superglued) case due to an inverted landing!
Does anybuddy know what the difference was/is between the earlier 'Panoram' & the later 'Endurance' models, as they look VERY similar & who knows mebbe I'll be able to get a Panoram to replace the Endurance?
Thanks, DZL/bROOc in Taradise.

NordieBoy
12th December 2008, 16:18
Try Trailtech Panoram or Endurance.

The Endurance just had harder plastic on the screen.

If you can't find one easily I may have a Panoram head unit I'll let you pay a fortune for.

DZL
12th December 2008, 16:43
Thanks for that, it took me straight to em . .. . . how much do you reckon you'ld want for your 'spare' then?

Cheers
bROOc DZL