PDA

View Full Version : What speed do they let you go?

Southern Biker
13th December 2008, 08:57
Well I guess that depends on the cop that stops or doesnt stop you.
It sure wasnt 114 kmh coming through the waipara valley according to the cop that had had obviously never ridden a bike in his life.
"And what kind of bike is this" "And where does it say suzuki"

What a cock! I mean surely any self respecting Policeman that knew anything about bikes would probably, see the GSXR 1100 and think , well I guess It's lucky it wasn't 214 kmh. Right? or maybe not?:mad::argh:

fireliv
13th December 2008, 08:59
Tend to have a 5km leway..... anything over that is at police descression.

spookytooth
13th December 2008, 10:46
Lost my licence doing 114kph slowing down about 20 metres inside a 70k zone

Road Guardian
13th December 2008, 11:05
When you get pulled over for anything, the police use this thing called an attitude test. If you are in a bad mood, and give the police shit/sacrasim etc chances are you'll end up with a ticket. If you are nice, apologise (in a nice way) you know, give the usual shit, "ill never speed again" blag blag blag you may get away.

Having said that,

What a cock!
if you speed was obviously in a large excess of the limit, chances are youll end up with a ticket/demerit points. So chances are you may have failed the attitude test.

H00dz
13th December 2008, 11:17
Opononi last weekend.....me doing a moderate 105-110km police car approaching, he slows and then nothing more, my mate a couple of k's back on his gxer accelerating @ 170kms police didnt even bother.....I suppose they decide the whether the speed that your travelling is even worth them turning to give chase.....

-df-
13th December 2008, 11:23
When you get pulled over for anything, the police use this thing called an attitude test. If you are in a bad mood, and give the police shit/sacrasim etc chances are you'll end up with a ticket. If you are nice, apologise (in a nice way) you know, give the usual shit, "ill never speed again" blag blag blag you may get away.

Having said that,

if you speed was obviously in a large excess of the limit, chances are youll end up with a ticket/demerit points. So chances are you may have failed the attitude test.

Spot on...I have been let off at almost twice the lose your license speed...was polite and friendly...even turned around at the lights when he caught up to me and pointed for myself to pull over (he didnt have his lights on at that point) he gave me the thumbs up and pulled over straight away.

Its surprising what being nice does for you in life...i mean what would you do if you pulled over someone acting like a prick?

vifferman
13th December 2008, 11:24
Is that so?
Apart from my last ticket (where I made no attempt to hide that I was obviously irritated), it made no difference at all.

Road Guardian
13th December 2008, 11:42
I stress the point "may", as this is not allways going to occur.

Try it next time.

Sometimes you just might get a cop on his bad day (usually a night shift) or you were obviously breaking the speed limit.

Half the time it doesnt make a difference has got to do with the fact that we ride motorbikes, and we are a target because
a) they go fast
b) they look fast
and
c) we tend to kill or seriously injury alot of our selfs per captia of riders

And the govt wants to reduce the road toll, so it has to start somewhere

mowgli
13th December 2008, 11:48
I stress the point "may", as this is not allways going to occur.

Try it next time.

Yup. If you're polite there's a chance of getting off. If you're an arse then your ticket is pretty much guaranteed. I prefer to take my chances.

quickbuck
15th December 2008, 19:55
Coming home on Friday evening, and was doing almost 70mph over a bridge.... Car coming toward me flashed up the hidden red and blues, but never turned around.
Only looked down to see I was doing 70 as the lights came on......

I guess he just wanted to ensure I slowed down a little and me and the missus and the small amount of groceries got home in one piece.

:apint:

riffer
15th December 2008, 20:14
Last week communting to work along SH1 in between Porirua and Tawa going south. Not really paying attention to my speed - more concentrating on keeping a nice smooth rhythm filtering between the mobile chicanes.

Motorcycle cop ahead standing next to bike with radar. He puts his hand out flat and makes the "slow it down buddy" sign.

I back off and look at the speedo - 125... wave to the cop.

Sometimes you get lucky.

NighthawkNZ
15th December 2008, 20:19
What speed do they let you go?

100kph - 104 kph

NighthawkNZ
15th December 2008, 20:20

well you are suppose to be doing the "70kph" when you hit the sign not start to slow down for it after...

You are also not suppose to speed up till after the sign either...

quickbuck
15th December 2008, 20:23
Last week communting to work along SH1 in between Porirua and Tawa going south. Not really paying attention to my speed - more concentrating on keeping a nice smooth rhythm filtering between the mobile chicanes.

Motorcycle cop ahead standing next to bike with radar. He puts his hand out flat and makes the "slow it down buddy" sign.

I back off and look at the speedo - 125... wave to the cop.

Sometimes you get lucky.

Could well have been the chief instructor himself..... Top bloke he is.

Last time I was chatting to him I just rode around the corner on my race bike, and he came toward me to have a chat...... He then parked facing the wrong way on the Police Bike showing me photos of Muppets accident.....
The looks I got from the boys....

It was a private road though.

riffer
15th December 2008, 20:27
I've found the motorcycle cops to generally be pretty damned good. But I have to say that - my father-in-law used to be one LOL.

speights_bud
15th December 2008, 20:37
They don't let you do:

120 on a learners, 114 in 100km/h zone, or 64 in an industrial 50zone but was allowed 115 once on the open road :no:

AllanB
15th December 2008, 20:38
I like to show the cop a bit of my firm man boobs - if they are really lucky I'll consider flashing a bit of a hairy nipple.

McJim
15th December 2008, 20:39

You should put it in a more secure pocket then :rofl:

I must ride too slow for a biker - I don't get speeding tickets :weird:

homer
15th December 2008, 20:47
dont make an excuse about it , the cops dont actually care what speed your doing , but you get copped over the speed limit , your screwed.
get off it , hey lucky break
do you expect to get let off just because you ride a busa instead of a scooter or something.

Southern Biker
16th December 2008, 00:41
Is that so?
Apart from my last ticket (where I made no attempt to hide that I was obviously irritated), it made no difference at all.

Indeed, I was friendly as can be but this guy was issuing no matter what, guess it wasn't one of those days.
The only "attitude" was his, and the one getting tested was my patience.
You know it only takes one asshole cop to ruin it for all of em.

If I ever get old and useless, shoot me!

Southern Biker
16th December 2008, 00:50
Haha, thats the best one yet, I'll try it, oh wait no man boobs, I bet he woulda liked it though, friggin "pikslikker" (special danish word)

motorbyclist
16th December 2008, 01:03
had one guy try to ticket me for doing 70 in a 70! he was going to do it to until i proved it wasn't a 50k zone as he alledged. teach me for driving a celica the one time:laugh:

but yeah the attitude test is right unless the cop is a genuine prick.
just pull over and get off bike and off with helmet (or out of your car) before they have to tell/ask you. heck i've pulled over after seeing lights in the distance before they could catch up and use the siren and so they didn't even bother to check my licence; just "is this bike stolen?" - "no, sir" - "carry on then" (no wonder they are yet to locate my old bike that got nicked :rolleyes:

worked every time so far... took me 70 demerits plus my expired ones to figure it out though

even got a mate out of a Learner licence offence when the cop WAS a grumpy old prick - just goes to show they can be reasonable

Road Guardian
16th December 2008, 10:01
It also helps sometimes if you are completley honest, e.g. yes i was travelling at 115kph, chances are your speedo reads faster (as most do), and they clocked you at 110kph, and let you off.

Or if you are on a restriced licence, driving around after 10pm, they pull you up. Tell them, you are on a restriced licence, and that you know not to ride around after 10pm.

Remember, this works on a case by case basis. As mentioned before, some cops are pricks, and will give you a ticket regardless of what your attitude is.

I would have to say the best policy, is to not give any excuse, because yes, they have heard it before.

Remember, the best way, to not get a ticket, is to not get caught in the first place!

Waxxa
16th December 2008, 10:07
Dont dis' the Ginga! :nono:

Brett
16th December 2008, 10:14
I am not proud of it, but I got away with quite a bit over double the posted motorway limit. My reasons for such speed were legitimate (fear of life).

Coming down Southern Motorway early on a Saturday morning, had a guy in an HSV clubsport try to nudge me off bike...as a last result of conflict avoidance including slowing down and letting him past, I was left with only the option of get the hell out of there. Shot past a biker cop at a lot over the limit, and he simply waved the slow down signal. I think the fact that there was a roaring V8 a little down the road might have let him know something was going on...

motorbyclist
16th December 2008, 12:17
lol if i saw a gixxer tearing off with a holden V8 after him i would think of two things

race or cop

sunhuntin
16th December 2008, 13:00
Yup. If you're polite there's a chance of getting off. If you're an arse then your ticket is pretty much guaranteed. I prefer to take my chances.

what if youre nice and the cops an arse? i got pulled for a random breath test while heading to the burt last year. cop couldnt get me on being over the limit, [gotta love being a non drinker 99% of the time] so tried to tell me i was speeding instead. he was a right cock, while i was more dumbfounded than anything. lets see... straight road, very few humps, and i saw him from ages back. id have to be blind. just cos i couldnt remember the speed on the sign, he thought i must have been speeding. no, actually. i saw the sign, adjusted to suit and then forgot about it.

on the other hand, the year before, i was travelling about 110k just south of chch. had a real mother of a side wind that threatened to put me in a ditch at anything slower. cop came up behind me, overtook, looked at me on his way by, pulled back in and kept on going.

SPman
16th December 2008, 13:29
The only time in 40 yrs I've ever got off (and I'm always friendly and cheerful with yon officers), was when I told the cop I had just that evening, left work and was moving to Australia in 4 days.....so he let me off the heinous 61 in a 50 k zone on East Coast Rd.........

of course, I didn't tell him I was doing 130 further up the road, in a fit of exuberant Gixxerosity..........

Southern Biker
20th December 2008, 01:46
of course, I didn't tell him I was doing 130 further up the road, in a fit of exuberant Gixxerosity..........

More like 230 if you were on that 1300 beastie

Road Guardian
20th December 2008, 11:42
What if you're nice and the cops an arse?

Well then you are screwed!

jase the ace
30th December 2008, 12:05
well you could ask him him if he had been drinking as his breath smells of alcohol . he probably had a few the night before anyway . just might work .. any port in a storm ...

SPman
30th December 2008, 16:20
In Arizona, we were sitting on 90 (mph) in a 75 zone and the Highway patrol guy barely bothered to move his head to look.........

FJRider
30th December 2008, 16:45
Indeed, I was friendly as can be but this guy was issuing no matter what, guess it wasn't one of those days.
The only "attitude" was his, and the one getting tested was my patience.
You know it only takes one asshole cop to ruin it for all of em.

If I ever get old and useless, shoot me!

So... you were exceeding the posted speed limit... he was doing his job, and gave you a ticket... and he doesn't know the make of your bike... and therefore, has an "attitude" and so is an arsehole cop...??? and your patience was tested...???

FJRider
30th December 2008, 16:48
lol if i saw a gixxer tearing off with a holden V8 after him i would think of two things

race or cop

Wouldn't call it a race if a Holden was involved... V8 or not...

Tank
30th December 2008, 18:22
What a cock! I mean surely any self respecting Policeman that knew anything about bikes would probably, see the GSXR 1100 and think , well I guess It's lucky it wasn't 214 kmh. Right?

Why should a Policeman need to know anything about bikes?

What difference does it make if its a GSXR or a GN250?

Do you think that people driving Ferraris should be given more leeway than someone driving a Nissan? Then what if its a fast Nissan - do they get more leeway than a normal run of the mill one?

You got tag'ed - you were speeding. You come on KB moaning about it calling the cop a cock just because you got caught.:scooter:

So what makes you think you were undeserving of the ticket other than having a fast bike?

The Stranger
30th December 2008, 18:34

Anything under 100 in a 100 zone should do it.

FJRider
30th December 2008, 18:38

Anything under 100 in a 100 zone should do it.

unless you're passing a stationary school bus... in which case... you're walking...

scumdog
30th December 2008, 19:23
In Arizona, we were sitting on 90 (mph) in a 75 zone and the Highway patrol guy barely bothered to move his head to look.........

I bet it weren't on no goat-track like we have in NZ for a highway though!!

Cosmo
30th December 2008, 20:36
Don't know if you can take this as gospel but I have heard from a few people in the deep south you can generally get away with 120 if they are coming at you from the other way. Appartently they just give you a wave to let you know you should slow down.

FJRider
30th December 2008, 21:03
Don't know if you can take this as gospel but I have heard from a few people in the deep south you can generally get away with 120 if they are coming at you from the other way. Appartently they just give you a wave to let you know you should slow down.

I hope you can afford to test/prove that theory...

Cosmo
30th December 2008, 21:10
Not really keen to give any money away on testing/proving it but on the of chance it does happen to happen I will certainly advise

Dean
30th December 2008, 23:03
So... you were exceeding the posted speed limit... he was doing his job, and gave you a ticket... and he doesn't know the make of your bike... and therefore, has an "attitude" and so is an arsehole cop...??? and your patience was tested...???

i dont get it i must of been real lucky but by MISTAKE! i was doing 110kph on a 50 kph road after school and my mates walking home saw a undercover police car parked along side of the road i was going down i saw it too and braked hard but for some reason the cop never chased me or got me with the radar gun.i know for sure that a cop was sitting in the vehicle and i know for sure if i was caught i would of never been able to ride again

Richi
30th December 2008, 23:33
i dont get it i must of been real lucky but by MISTAKE! i was doing 110kph on a 50 kph road after school and my mates walking home saw a undercover police car parked along side of the road i was going down i saw it too and braked hard but for some reason the cop never chased me or got me with the radar gun.i know for sure that a cop was sitting in the vehicle and i know for sure if i was caught i would of never been able to ride again

all i can say is its too easy to speed dont do it after school theres always cops lurkingf for students taking passengers onrestricted license. Go for a cruise round the hills where theres no hot chix to show off around. U will find u ride better :)

Reido
30th December 2008, 23:34
all i can say is its too easy to speed dont do it after school theres always cops lurkingf for students taking passengers onrestricted license. Go for a cruise round the hills where theres no hot chix to show off around. U will find u ride better :)

right on the money there... if i know someone's watching me.. i usually fuck something.. especially if its a girl

xMythOne
30th December 2008, 23:46
Got pulled over yesterday, doing a quickie off the lights...
without my L-plates on...
everyone watching...
heart was pounding...
turns his lights and siren off...
The police man asks how my day was...
I reply to him with "fine thanks"...

Then he asks if i want a motorcycle safety package. incl- fluoro vest, dvd, key chain and a gear guide... o_O

FJRider
31st December 2008, 00:12

You forget , Police "business" does not involve just minor traffic infringements... bigger fish to fry. Or he had a sense of humor... 110 km's on a GN... probably figured you had enough things to worry about...or be dead before you got to court...

FJRider
31st December 2008, 00:18
I bet it weren't on no goat-track like we have in NZ for a highway though!!

But with the "modern high performance vehicles" provided to our Highway Patrol... it should be ok.... right... ??? :innocent::chase:

EJK
31st December 2008, 00:28
My dad once got his license taken away (Cage drive). Was caught doing 107kph in temp 30kph zone (road work).

Thats a wooping 87kph over the limit for just a single sign saying "temp 30kph".

I'm not saying it's unfair, just telling you a story... Cool eh? My dad sometimes does that too (I once thought my dad was a perfect/ smartest/ most handsome/ ultimate/ genius man)....... That makes my mother adds "...you and your son!" to any arguements quite regularly... :laugh:

FJRider
31st December 2008, 00:34
Get your calculater out... thats only 77 km's over...

Try passing a stationary school bus at 107 with a cop present... THATS 87 km's over...

mnkyboy
31st December 2008, 08:23
On a recent ride to Waihi - I managed to pass 4 cops between maramarua and ngatea - each time doing 120-130 and none of them even batted an eyelid. My speedo reads about 5% out.

I am fricken lucky they weren't on the new section of road that bypasses Mangatawhiri

smoky
31st December 2008, 08:54
As a young fella I quickly learnt about the attitude test and how to pass it.
But around here it’s not like that any more – if you get pulled for speeding, and he’s got you on his radar, good attitude or bad attitude the results the same; you’ll get a ticket. They are very professional and matter of fact about it all.

The funny thing is I have had 5 tickets in 10 years, all in my car, none on my bike.

It must be harder to lock onto or track a bike with their gear, it is hard to tell how fast a bike is going visually.
I was riding across Swamp Road to Pearoa with 4 others a few years ago, there’s a slight bend half way along the road, we came around there at an insane speed, well over the speed limit, and there’s a cop sitting there in his patrol car, saw him reach up to the radar as we screamed past him.
:eek:
Of course my first reaction was to rapidly de-accelerate while tracking the cops movements in my rear vision mirror – nothing, no response? When I stopped looking at the cop and looked back up; the other 4 riders obvious first reaction was somewhat different to mine – they had all accelerated even more, and were rapidly disappearing up ahead in the distance.
:no:

Dean
31st December 2008, 09:27

yea thats true theres just not enough self control in me if i see mates or really hot chicks i try and show off but it would suck if i crashed in front of them that would be gutz atleast if i take my riding around the hills if i crash i can hide the bike in the dicth and pretend im taking a piss and just smile and wave

vindy500
31st December 2008, 09:35
Haha, thats the best one yet, I'll try it, oh wait no man boobs, I bet he woulda liked it though, friggin "pikslikker" (special danish word)

penis lolly?

Dean
31st December 2008, 09:45
You forget , Police "business" does not involve just minor traffic infringements... bigger fish to fry. Or he had a sense of humor... 110 km's on a GN... probably figured you had enough things to worry about...or be dead before you got to court...

yano the weird thing is about 2 weeks after that close call the same undercover coppa was hiding around a corner on the route i take home from school he followed me for a while it got me scared.

HungusMaximist
31st December 2008, 09:51
Just realised yesterday while travelling back from Warkworth to Aucks how easy it is to lose your licence or get at ticket.

A radar is definitely a good investment or a scooter.

Dean
31st December 2008, 09:59
hey how much do the radar scanners cost and do you know of where i can get them? ive seen them on bikes but never looked in to them

scumdog
31st December 2008, 10:19
Just realised yesterday while travelling back from Warkworth to Aucks how easy it is to lose your licence or get at ticket.

A radar is definitely a good investment or a scooter.

Um, the cops have radars, I think you need a device to detect them...

Reido
31st December 2008, 10:22
and all the decent radar detectors are bloody expensive

scracha
31st December 2008, 10:25
On a recent ride to Waihi - I managed to pass 4 cops between maramarua and ngatea - each time doing 120-130 and none of them even batted an eyelid. My speedo reads about 5% out.

Yeah, the local cops aren't too bad around here. Try doing that around Matamata though.

ManDownUnder
31st December 2008, 10:29

I reckon there'd be a market for 'em too.... brilliant idea!

swbarnett
31st December 2008, 12:18
My dad once got his license taken away (Cage drive). Was caught doing 107kph in temp 30kph zone (road work).
I heard of a roading engineer that got done at 100kph while he was testing the road to see if it was ready to have the 30kph limit removed. The charge was reversed but not until after the set period of disqualification and confiscation.

FJRider
31st December 2008, 12:52

Airports have radar... and they don't have police problems... perhaps he does need radar...:whistle:

FJRider
31st December 2008, 12:55
I heard of a roading engineer that got done at 100kph while he was testing the road to see if it was ready to have the 30kph limit removed. The charge was reversed but not until after the set period of disqualification and confiscation.

He was lucky then, any such "testing" requires road closure...

quickbuck
31st December 2008, 13:32

Thats a wooping 87kph over the limit for just a single sign saying "temp 30kph".

And bloody rightly so!
Speeding through road work is one of most selfish acts a cage driver can do.

I have been hit in the throat with a stone by some tosser in a 4x4 doing about 100k (Can't be sure but it was enough to have two tails of shingle flying out from his wheels).
Could have killed myself and my passenger.

I have also turned around and given chase to some woman who did the same thing to me to give her both barrels, and reminded her she isn't the only road user.

Another reason for the 30 zones is because if vehicles travel too fast over the piece of road under repair, it cuts and ruts it up, and it can't be fixed properly.

Rant over, you hit a nerve.....

roy.nz
31st December 2008, 13:41
I have never been let off for any freaking ticket, all i get told is you know speed kills, which is bullshit, because it not the speed that kills its that sudden stop that does all the damage, and most wait all the cagers that never seem to see us, thats the easy and common excuse. :devil2:

Tank
31st December 2008, 18:43
And bloody rightly so!
Speeding through road work is one of most selfish acts a cage driver can do.

Is it selfish for cage drivers only - are bike riders exempt?

swbarnett
31st December 2008, 23:36
He was lucky then, any such "testing" requires road closure...
Ths was the brother of a colleuge of my wife. Evidently I had the story slightly wrong. The road had already been declared fit and the 30kph sign was supposed to have already been removed.

Howsie
6th January 2009, 20:49

The mighty GN at 110kmph, not a bad effort. Doing that speed around a school :spanking:

right on the money there... if i know someone's watching me.. i usually fuck something.. especially if its a girl

Been there, done that! Tinted visors are handy :laugh: Also done it quite well to :niceone:

Got pulled over yesterday, doing a quickie off the lights...
without my L-plates on...
everyone watching...
heart was pounding...
turns his lights and siren off...
The police man asks how my day was...
I reply to him with "fine thanks"...

Then he asks if i want a motorcycle safety package. incl- fluoro vest, dvd, key chain and a gear guide... o_O

Could you get me one too next time? :bleh:

But with the "modern high performance vehicles" provided to our Highway Patrol... it should be ok.... right... ??? :innocent::chase:

:laugh: if you can call the Commodore a "modern high performance vehicle"
and they also drive Omegas, they are hardly performance orientated too!

What they should have is something like a 4wd evo or subaru and really catch those buggers that need an arse whooping! You never know, we might end up paying less as there would be less crashed commodores, they are forever breaking down and crashing them. Like the one i heard about tonight! :mobile:

RT527
6th January 2009, 21:08

Having said that,

Sound advice....I have mate who is CVIU (commercial vehicle investigation unit)
An one time he decided coming down the bombays that he`d pull a truck over just for a licence check and logbook check, Well this fella went absolutely nuts claiming his time was being wasted and that he was a right cock etc etc...in other words failed the attitude test...my mate being a good cunt tried again and gave him a 2nd chance( there was obviously more said than I have quoted but am trying to keep this short) , truck driver again failed the attitude test, so me mate said you can do this the easy way here or we can go down to the weigh bridge at drury and he`d do a complete safety check etc etc which would take quite a bit longer than a licence and log book check.......driver continued along previous lines so he was ordered to drury and weighed, and had a safety check etc. upside of it was he was over weight , somewhere in the 50-52 tonne mark(44 tonne is the limit)he had numerous other things wrong with vehicle and road user logbook etc so result
was big fines and Im talking in the thousands, + loss of licence and so on and so on......And my mate was gonna check his book and licence and prolly have let him go on if all he`d done was said ello officer nice day innit...heres my book and licence ...thankyou officer have a nice day and left !.

So yeah attitude is a given in all dealings with anybody you happen to talk too be they cops fire ambulance or general public.

Road Guardian
7th January 2009, 18:45
So yeah attitude is a given in all dealings with anybody you happen to talk too be they cops fire ambulance or general public.

:2thumbsup

quickbuck
7th January 2009, 22:20
Is it selfish for cage drivers only - are bike riders exempt?

Yeah, fair cop...
I will say it is a very selfish act for any road user to do! Cage, Truck, Bike.....
It is only the cage drivers that I have seen do it though. Almost all truckies realise it isn't worth it when your name and phone number (or your companies) is splashed all over the truck.

Bikers tend to take it very easy when the surface is loose.... from what I see...
Then I don't go Moto crossing on the CBR ;)

roy.nz
7th January 2009, 22:34

In South Africa any road is like the autobahn, full tilt most of the way...

EJK
7th January 2009, 22:49
I got pulled over last night. He didn't give me a ticket or anything but he pulled me over just to embarass me from the drivers that I have over took...

Gah the shame...

mstriumph
9th January 2009, 13:37
In South Africa any road is like the autobahn, full tilt most of the way... .... yerse - but you have to ride armed in case you come to a sudden stop [or at least, i did ...... cautious, that's moi]

Plasmaglow
11th January 2009, 22:58
I feel bad now with all you guys talking about 110-120

First ticket I ever had, even the cop had the humor to tell me I did a good job on it. He also let me off $400 for exceeding 70kmph on a learner license and $400 for not having any L plates

See link below:
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/7074/n12964982262340995656qc1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

mister.koz
11th January 2009, 23:33

First ticket I ever had, even the cop had the humor to tell me I did a good job on it. He also let me off $400 for exceeding 70kmph on a learner license and $400 for not having any L plates

See link below:
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/7074/n12964982262340995656qc1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ouch.....

A few times i have had the "slow down" hand gesture from cops coming the other way but they haven't given chase... I wasn't seriously flying tho.

Even the ones that have given me tickets have been pretty fair about it never really had a cop that was a prick about it. They all seemed to be just doin their job.

Cop: "do you have any reason for doing 117km/h sir?"
Koz: "um, i just followed that truck at 30km/h for 20 mins and just finished passing him"
Cop: "so, no real reason to be speeding aye?"
Koz: "no, but i tried :D"
Cop: ":D well, tickets already written cant take this one back mate"
Koz: "fair enough, have a good day"

The way i figure it is i was screwed at "sir".

mister.koz
11th January 2009, 23:34

See link below:

And you did bloody well to do 140+ on a 250 ninja!!

motorbyclist
12th January 2009, 00:09
isn't that an instant 28 day loss of licence?

Winston001
12th January 2009, 00:44
It sure wasnt 114 kmh coming through the waipara valley according to the cop that had had obviously never ridden a bike in his life.

And it sure isn't 130k south of Timaru on a fine summers evening.....:bash:

Mufti cop and to give him credit, he was almost embarrased handing over the ticket. Said he'd ridden bikes and wasn't going to give a lecture. A decent bloke whom I treated politely but on this occasion it wasn't enough. C'est la vie.

Plasmaglow
12th January 2009, 08:36
And you did bloody well to do 140+ on a 250 ninja!!

I was doing 165 before I saw him. I'm 110kg too, god know what someone 70-80 could do on one.

Plasmaglow
12th January 2009, 08:37
isn't that an instant 28 day loss of licence?

Yup, 14 days and counting!

Anarkist
12th January 2009, 10:44

See link below:

Name: Shay Julian Collings
DOB: 18/12/1986
License Number: DC540453

I know whose details I'm giving next time I'm pulled up :wari:

Plasmaglow
12th January 2009, 11:27
Name: Shay Julian Collings
DOB: 18/12/1986
License Number: DC540453

Just need to hope your 6'4 and look like me now

Tank
12th January 2009, 11:39
Name: XXXXXXX
DOB: XXXXX
License Number: XXXXX

Never mind that - Im off to buiy a ton of shit with a new visa card and GE finance all in your name.

- Seriously - I suggest that you delete that attachment (or lt least blank out your details), and the posted who typed your details edit his post to XXXX's.

Online identify theft actually happens - dont be a muppet and make it easy for them.

Southern Biker
26th January 2009, 06:19
I was doing 165 before I saw him. I'm 110kg too, god know what someone 70-80 could do on one.

By those kinda ratios by the time i pass the cops I'll be doing about 1,200 kph so the next ticket should real interesting. Love too see one of those crappy old commodores with no mags haha or even wheel covers, rolling aroung corners like Drew Carey after a donut eating contest, trying to catch a 22 year old rocketship, some bolts could rattle loose and cause me dramas though, happens fairly often, or of course I might need the brakes, ......well then I 'd just be fucked hahah. Dont underestimate those holden tyres with the extra rigid sidewalls though, hear they are mean boys, Mean!!!!

No offence of course Blueys I love those pants, really.

Southern Biker
26th January 2009, 06:41
Very good idea, lucky for tank cos you have no idea. Hmmmm someone that isnt me really wants a round the world ticket! remarkable likeness though, uncanny really.

peasea
31st January 2009, 19:41
"And what kind of bike is this" "And where does it say suzuki"

What a cock! I mean surely any self respecting Policeman that knew anything about bikes would probably, see the GSXR 1100 and think , well I guess It's lucky it wasn't 214 kmh. Right? or maybe not?:mad::argh:

Ok, how's this for inconsistent?

My missus is driving around the waterfront, gets stopped for doing 70kph in a 50. "I will let it go this time, but slow down" says the pig. There were two adults and two kids in the car, Friday night, busy road.

Muggins here is riding HER bike round the SAME ROAD at 7.15am, no traffic, 71kph in a 50. "I'm gonna scratch you up" he says. I was polite-as, no b/s involved, we parted on good terms. BUT! How come I get a ticket in the early morning, no traffic, no passengers, my missus gets off with nowt and get this; same pig!!!!!

Fuckers.

Get a gun, I say.

motorbyclist
1st February 2009, 01:06
Get a gun, I say.

they don't have very good aim, either:dodge:

elevenhundred
3rd February 2009, 16:08
As a young fella I got pulled for everything, never got away with anything. I never gave them attitude and was honest.
Now I am older when I get pulled over I usually end up having a 15 minute yarn with the cop then at the end he lets me off, I guess if they can relate to you you might have more luck.

quack
5th February 2009, 00:30
Geez man its a cop, they'r all cocks. If ur on a learners im surprised they didn take ur licence too, the bastards. Iv just been lucky enough not to get caught yet eh

nallac
5th February 2009, 06:05
Geez man its a cop, they'r all cocks. If ur on a learners im surprised they didn take ur licence too, the bastards. Iv just been lucky enough not to get caught yet eh

Not true, i had a nice talk with a officer last night,
something about passing an unmarked car under hard acceleration..did a license check etc just got told to watch my acceleration thats all..nothing about the minor speed limit excession.
Top bloke.Doing his job.I might have been speeding too?.

Only down side was it was just as i pulled into work,had a good audience of workmates watching.

swbarnett
5th February 2009, 16:18
just got told to watch my acceleration
What the H. E. double toothpick is wrong with a good bit of acceleration?

nallac
5th February 2009, 16:47
What the H. E. double toothpick is wrong with a good bit of acceleration?

nothing, if you aren't exceding the speed limit,which i might of been?.

swbarnett
6th February 2009, 16:07
nothing, if you aren't exceding the speed limit,which i might of been?.
That does put a slightly different take on it.

My question is more to those that have a problem with accelleration in general (don't think you'll find many of them on KB).

scumdog
10th February 2009, 21:22

Sounds like the words of a person destined to end up as an I.O.N collector...