PDA

View Full Version : Bikini Wash

Voltaire
13th December 2008, 13:28
I felt it was my duty to represent the Classic Bike Forum and report back.

The day started off as any other, the Ducati in bits all over the floor....
I needed a small chain retaining clip for the starter chain so as Haldanes are the nearest bike shop and they do scooters and stuff I thought I try them.
the word 'bevel' ususally results in glazed over eyes and the line " spark plugs and oil....."
But today Tony not only found a clip but a whole new chain :gob:
and the faded old price of $ 25.00 :gob::gob:
Cheers Tony :woohoo:
Raced home and put it all together and in less than an hour it started :gob::gob::gob:

Clutch slipping a bit and running a bit rich at under 3 k but running:Punk:
Just happened upon a bikini wash at Mt Eden Motorcycles and by coincidence the Duke was a bit dirty and oily....what luck:innocent:
As ususal did the posy kick start thing..:tugger:
Not a bad day out really.

Max Headroom
13th December 2008, 22:10
I'm guessing two things. Firstly that your wife wasn't on the back of the bike riding with you, and secondly that yours was the only Darmah to make an appearance at the Bikini wash today......

H00dz
14th December 2008, 03:02
LOL my fellow Kb'er EJT rode all the way from Matauri bay in Northland for his bike wash (What a Legend)........He'll tell that his kwaka needed to be serviced, but now we all knw the truth :headbang:

toycollector10
14th December 2008, 05:09
But I love the kick starty thing.....:rockon:

Taz
14th December 2008, 06:06
The day started off as any other, the Ducati in bits all over the floor....

Best line with Ducati in it ever and we all know exactly what you mean :lol:

laserracer
14th December 2008, 08:30
i went there .. and took my bikini... but they wouldnt wash it
but i was wearing it at the time:sick::sick:

keithbuckby
16th December 2008, 09:55
especially with those clip ons next to it lol

chrisso
16th December 2008, 13:21
Dang!!! We need Bikini bike wash here!!! :rockon:

Dodgyiti
16th December 2008, 14:19
I'm guessing two things. Firstly that your wife wasn't on the back of the bike riding with you, and secondly that yours was the only Darmah to make an appearance at the Bikini wash today......

heck, it was probably the only drama to make an appearance anywhere on the day, give the bloke some credit for risking it :laugh:

and thanks for representing at the bikini wash, i was going to go, but had to do the 7 hours of preventative maintenance that is required to get an old guzzi out on a run without a back up truck, or van, oh yeah, there was a back up van, lucky that :innocent: