PDA

View Full Version : Agricultural aircraft accident... Taranaki (14 December)

Pussy
14th December 2008, 15:24
Hey folks... I've had several calls this afternoon (sincerest thanks to those who have phoned), this is just to let you know it wasn't me.
My thoughts are with the family, friends and colleagues of the pilot who lost his life

James Deuce
14th December 2008, 15:30
Thanks very much for posting (and thank goodness it wasn't you!) John, and if you get the chance pass our thoughts along as well.

98tls
14th December 2008, 15:31
Glad it wasnt you,sad it had to be someone.Thoughts to his family.

Okey Dokey
14th December 2008, 15:44
I'm relieved to hear that you are okay. My thoughts, too, are with the deceased pilot's family now. Not a nice time to have to face something like this with Christmas so near.

Crasherfromwayback
14th December 2008, 15:52
Glad you're a-ok...and bad buzz for all concerned.

SARGE
14th December 2008, 15:55
Hey folks... I've had several calls this afternoon (sincerest thanks to those who have phoned), this is just to let you know it wasn't me.
My thoughts are with the family, friends and colleagues of the pilot who lost his life

yea.. thanks for checkin in man.. i was concerned

Maha
14th December 2008, 16:11

Yes John, Anne just told about the accident, had to check when you were last online, thank you for posting.

Number One
14th December 2008, 16:24
Hadn't heard about it but good on you for making it clear that YOU are ok. Thoughts go out to family and friends of the pilot - hope you are ok anyway John. Guess he was a friend of yours...you pilots in the Naki would be a small community I'd imagine. :sunny: Take care up there dude

Pussy
14th December 2008, 18:14
Thanks, everyone. It's all a bit too close to home.
A good reminder to me just how unforgiving my chosen career is.
Your kind thoughts are very much appreciated.

Mom
14th December 2008, 18:16
Very happy to see you posting John. Scarey thing life sometimes eh? Pass along our sincere condolences to the family if you can. Would have rung, but did not have your number :oi-grr:

Swoop
14th December 2008, 19:52
Phew!
That was the first thing that came to mind when I heard.
Glad you are OK mate!

PrincessBandit
14th December 2008, 19:54
So relieved to be able to talk earlier this evening. Our thoughts are with you and Annie and the gentleman's family.
Dawn and Rik

Patrick
14th December 2008, 20:11
Leigh pointed out the news item to me and boy was I glad to hear you answer the phone instead of Annie.:sunny:

You had too many calls coming in... so how was the BBQ last night?

Pussy
14th December 2008, 20:15
Leigh pointed out the news item to me and boy was I glad to hear you answer the phone instead of Annie.:sunny:

You had too many calls coming in... so how was the BBQ last night?
Thanks, Patrick!
The bbq was bloody good! I did a lot of quality control testing of the Mac's Gold, Sensei did a pearler job of cooking duties, was great to be surrounded by awesome people

Patrick
14th December 2008, 20:39
Good on ya... Looking forward to the next one!

More advanced warning this time though eh??

Pussy
14th December 2008, 21:09
The pilot's name has officially been released
RIP, Kevin Brown

Timber020
14th December 2008, 21:28
Damn sky tractors are dangerous. A mate left the wheel brakes on trying to take off from a strip a while back, he couldnt figure out why the thing was crabbing towards trees and not picking up enough speed, he dumped his load and managed to not wreck.

Used to love going for cruises in twin stick fletchers, good fun having a play!

The list of Ag pilots that retire due to old age is a short one. (and many of them flew so high the neighbour ended up with half the fert)

twistemotion
14th December 2008, 22:40
Yes, glad to hear you're OK, had to quickly check if we'd heard from you. Condolences to the pilot's family though.