PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Deviant Esq
15th December 2008, 07:43
The time has come to sell my ZX-6R. It's a regretful sale - I searched for months for the perfect upgrade bike from the 250 and eventually came across this machine. I love it... but the simple fact is that I hardly ride it any more. I'm pretty busy when I'm not working, which is most of the reason, but I don't find time to ride either. The desire's gone, so I'd rather someone else got to enjoy this bike instead of it sitting in my garage.

It's in completely original condition - never been crashed or laid down by the looks of it, and never while I've had it. The fairings still have the original foam liners! :cool:

Paint's a little faded here and there - could probably use a bit of a tidy up to bring it back to as-new glory - but only if you're fanatical as there's nothing wrong with the condition it's in. Original end can too.

Quite hard to find in the red paint scheme, it's not your 'just another Kwaka' green, so sometimes people have no idea what it is.

It's a UK import brought over about 6 years ago by the previous owner, who moved to NZ and brought the bike with him. I've got screeds of receipts of how it's been maintained over the time he owned it. It's got near new tyres (conti attacks, excellent rubber), done ~34900 miles not kms, near new front brake pads (OEM Kawasaki items), replacement heated hand grips good for those cold winter mornings, a tinted double bubble screen, and recently had an oil and filter change.

I looked after this machine well and the previous owner did too, so there's nothing major that needs looking at. The carbs could probably use a clean out, but they'd need re jetting if you put an aftermarket can on it anyway, so no big deal.

Sold.

I'll be sad to see it go... especially since those who know me know how stoked I was to buy it. I won't be buying another bike, at least for now, but I'll be keeping my gear - just in case.

Deviant Esq
17th December 2008, 15:33
Up (10 chars)

Deviant Esq
18th December 2008, 21:20
Get on up there...

Deviant Esq
21st December 2008, 00:39
To the top

Deviant Esq
27th December 2008, 00:26
Late night bump

James Deuce
27th December 2008, 06:04
Took me a while to notice this one.

We've all wondered where you've been.

I checked this bike out in Wellington for Ryan and it is a beauty. The previous owner "upgraded" to a Triumph 675, not because this baby was broken or anything, just "because".

It's a total pleasure to ride and this Deviating little bugger has done everything to it that needed doing when he bought it.

Shame to see you move on sir, take care with whatever you end up doing.

By this time next year I should own the best NZ250 Cafe Racer ever made, and I would consider selling it only to you, just to see if you can be tempted back.

Fatjim
27th December 2008, 07:21
Oh dear Jim, not just loud, but smelly as well now too.

James Deuce
27th December 2008, 07:26
With blackened fingernails and the sour stench of regurgitated stout.

Deviant Esq
28th December 2008, 11:10
We've all wondered where you've been.

<snip>

Shame to see you move on sir, take care with whatever you end up doing.

By this time next year I should own the best NZ250 Cafe Racer ever made, and I would consider selling it only to you, just to see if you can be tempted back.

Thanks Jim - yeah, I didn't make a big 'exit' speech, just stopped coming along really. Same with riding - summer came along and I had (have) far more commitments that demand my time than I ever used to have, and so riding gradually took a back seat until I realised I don't hanker after a ride like I used to do. When I realised that, I knew it was time to move on. I'm sure I'll be back on a bike at some stage again in the future though :niceone:

Pics of the NZ250 when you've got it sussed, will be interested to see that. Still miss my old beast, it was a fun machine, as I'm sure I'll miss this one when it's gone.

Price drop in time for the new year too!

Deviant Esq
28th December 2008, 11:23
Now on Trade Me (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=195082750) in stunning High Definition.... No, not really. But it is on Trade Me! :blink:

Deviant Esq
2nd January 2009, 21:24
New Year's bump :)

Deviant Esq
7th January 2009, 21:45
Back to the top :)

sopachrga
8th January 2009, 22:01
Ah right, I went to the last couple of rides and wondered where you were!
I still owe you a beer from the last ride of the last season when I went on my first Wednesday night ride.

I'd offer to buy the bike of you instead if I could, but my wife has set me a 5k limit :( (thats a lot of beer though)

Good luck with your sale.

Mark

MyGSXF
8th January 2009, 22:10
Sorry to see your baby go hun.. (I will buy a Lotto ticket.. :niceone:)

Wish you & yours all the best for 09 & on.. & get in touch if you're up this way!! :hug:

Deviant Esq
9th January 2009, 23:22
Sorry to see your baby go hun.. (I will buy a Lotto ticket.. :niceone:)

Wish you & yours all the best for 09 & on.. & get in touch if you're up this way!! :hug:

Thanks, and same to you! I'll PM you details, would be good to do a catch up at some stage. :niceone:

Deviant Esq
14th January 2009, 16:43
Bumping it back up

Deviant Esq
18th January 2009, 21:31
Price dropped on Trade Me, or make an offer!

Deviant Esq
22nd January 2009, 23:44
No interest?

jrandom
23rd January 2009, 04:42
No interest?

Try knocking a couple grand off the asking price.

James Deuce
23rd January 2009, 06:36
It's in really good nick, better than any 25 year old 250 that would go for the same money and it can be ridden by real people not short legged, ape armed hobgoblins.

Deviant Esq
25th January 2009, 19:47
Try knocking a couple grand off the asking price.

There would be a heap of interest then, but that isn't the point. I'd be absolutely nuts to ask $4000 for it. If there is anyone who is genuinely interested but thinks the asking price is a bit high, all they need do is make what they consider to be a fair offer, which will be carefully considered.

It's in really good nick, better than any 25 year old 250 that would go for the same money and it can be ridden by real people not short legged, ape armed hobgoblins.

That's exactly what I figure. I'm not in a stupid rush to sell it to some clown who just wants to score a bargain, no matter what he's buying. Someone wanting a good bike to upgrade to from a 250 (there are usually heaps) need look no further IMO.

Fine, price dropped. Buy me :)

New link. (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=199572248&ed=true)

Crazy Steve
25th January 2009, 20:38
Thats an amazing bike/cond...

And a Super wicked price...:drool:

Good luck...

Crazy Steve.

Deviant Esq
8th February 2009, 17:33
Back up there.

EJK
8th February 2009, 17:44
Man that's a bloody nice bike... If only I could spare only a couple of Gs :crybaby:

Plus my full next month... :no:

Deviant Esq
13th February 2009, 23:15
Man that's a bloody nice bike... If only I could spare only a couple of Gs :crybaby:

Plus my full next month... :no:

At this rate it might still be around next month - probably not the best time to be selling a bike! Ah well, I'm patient, and it'll be the right bike for the right person.

Deviant Esq
17th March 2009, 11:47
Up she goes, price lowered.

Mikkel
17th March 2009, 12:03
Seems that the red Kawasakis just aren't selling these days. Been trying to shift my 250 for quite a while now. No serious interest what-so-ever, only the odd time-waster :(

puddytat
17th March 2009, 12:23
Nice looking bike man, you got good taste....in music too, I see:msn-wink:

Deviant Esq
17th March 2009, 19:42
Seems that the red Kawasakis just aren't selling these days. Been trying to shift my 250 for quite a while now. No serious interest what-so-ever, only the odd time-waster :(

Same with me - heaps of stupid, lame, blatantly rude low-ball offers by text (hi mate would u take $4200 for it? Err, let's see... NO! How about you shove broken glass up your arse?!) when they haven't even bothered to check the bike out, other than that, almost bugger all interest. Quite frustrating.

Headbanger
18th March 2009, 08:33
Funny that, I was going to offer you $4200:bleh:

Thing is the market defines the price, If you are unable to sell it then your asking to much.

That aside, Does she have enough balls to carry a fat bastard? 130 off kg?

Looking for a second bike, Something agile, Though not if they bog down when carrying a heavy load.

phoenixgtr
18th March 2009, 08:45
These bikes definately have plenty of balls. Mine still scares the shit out of me now and then. Very roomy and comfy for a 600 sportsbike too, so would suit the larger man quite well

Headbanger
18th March 2009, 18:33
Being ignorant of Sports bikes I have to ask what those tyres are like, Do they work in the wet all right? They don't look like anything I have ever ridden on.

Mikkel
20th March 2009, 20:02
Same with me - heaps of stupid, lame, blatantly rude low-ball offers by text (hi mate would u take $4200 for it? Err, let's see... NO! How about you shove broken glass up your arse?!) when they haven't even bothered to check the bike out, other than that, almost bugger all interest. Quite frustrating.

Well, here no one has actually bothered making an offer. Just saying, "yeah I'm interested, can I view the bike" and when I've changed my plans to suit I never heard anything further...

Best of luck with it.

Deviant Esq
11th April 2009, 13:05
Soldburger with fries and a shake. :cool: