PDA

View Full Version : Supermoto of Nations 2008

racerhead
16th December 2008, 10:44
Would you look at the track:drool:
I want a go so so so bad:banana:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5aTYXVRksM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5aTYXVRksM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"D" FZ1
16th December 2008, 10:46
What an awesome track.

AlBundy
16th December 2008, 12:18
It is an awesome track for sure...

scorry
16th December 2008, 13:22
It is an awesome track for sure...

OMG that is so cool, and thanks for posting that up cos i cant get you tube at work.

so.... how do i convince the people down here that we dont need another f'n stadium but we need one of these????

AlBundy
16th December 2008, 14:19
OMG that is so cool, and thanks for posting that up cos i cant get you tube at work.

so.... how do i convince the people down here that we dont need another f'n stadium but we need one of these????

You guys already have a track..:Pokey:

We need one around Blenheim to cater for the top of the south island... Blenheim is central enough I reckon...

scorry
16th December 2008, 14:39
You guys already have a track..:Pokey:

We need one around Blenheim to cater for the top of the south island... Blenheim is central enough I reckon...

nah the kart track doesnt count lol
they are real anal about motards ay, we were gettin too close to their lap times so they made us put a chacane in half way down the straight to try slow us down.

AlBundy
16th December 2008, 14:46
At least you have a place to play...

Top of the south has nothing really... I believe the kart track was used for a while in Nelson (for buckets) before the karts spat the dummy... Have heard of a kart track in Blenheim but not as far as buckets and definately not for motards...

Only recently got a 'tard, so never thought about it before... Always went to Ruapuna for the track fix...

scorry
16th December 2008, 15:04
maybe you should get hold of them and see if they want a few extra bucks, the club down here charges $20, im sure you could get a few people up there keen

AlBundy
16th December 2008, 15:14
I must try find the Blenheim track... Google earth, here we come...

Found the Blenheim track... Looks good too...

scorry
16th December 2008, 19:12
wow man that looks heaps cooler than ours, best of luck getting on it mate.
i would make sure you have plastic on everything so no scratches at all

AlBundy
16th December 2008, 20:49
wow man that looks heaps cooler than ours, best of luck getting on it mate.
i would make sure you have plastic on everything so no scratches at all

Lol, yeah, I'd have to, considering it's more a road bike, than trail bike...

I did enquire about some KTM axle sliders today... $150 for front and rear, including all hardware. Sounds very reasonable to me... That'll be step one, lol...
Actually, I have a set of handguards in the shed, so that'll be two things covered...

Gremlin
16th December 2008, 22:46
I did enquire about some KTM axle sliders today... $150 for front and rear, including all hardware. Sounds very reasonable to me... That'll be step one, lol...
Actually, I have a set of handguards in the shed, so that'll be two things covered...
Since I *ahem* have experience... handguards are brilliant, sliders probably won't hit the deck, handlebar will probably go out of alignment, and the side fairing may take a hit or two, but being proper plastic, it gets scuffed.

You stand up, pissed off that your expensive bike just got scratched, but hey, on the plus side, you can ride it, fairings haven't been smashed into oblivion, so onwards!!

:rolleyes:

AlBundy
16th December 2008, 23:45
Yip G, one of the BIG advantages with 'tards... More often than not, one can pick it up and ride away. How resilient the likes of the Spy vs Spy are, remain to be seen...

Buddha#81
17th December 2008, 06:38
I must try find the Blenheim track... Google earth, here we come...

Found the Blenheim track... Looks good too...

I've raced buckets there.......It has a elevation rise.....very cool!

AlBundy
17th December 2008, 12:19
I've raced buckets there.......It has a elevation rise.....very cool!

Thanks for that... Sounds even better now...