PDA

View Full Version : 1999 sv650s lowered seat swap?

erik
16th December 2008, 19:45
Is there anyone out there interested in swapping a lowered seat for an sv650 for a standard one? It's the 1999-2002 model, I believe the 2003 onwards seats are different.
One of the previous owners must have had it lowered, it seems to be done well enough, still comfortable, but I'm wondering if a standard seat would give me a little more leg room (I'm 194cm tall). I haven't actually tried sitting on an sv with a standard seat for comparison though.
If there's anyone out there that would like to try it, let me know. I'd be happy to swap for a bit to just try it out before making the swap final if you want.

FROSTY
17th December 2008, 14:15
gimme a yell dude- I have laid my hands on a svseat just today--not sure if its gen 1 or two though

Amro
14th June 2011, 15:01
I think this is very old enquiry about the seat to swap with a stock one, but I will give it ago as am after a lower seat for my SV650s 1999 model, so if you still have the bike and want to swap with my stock seat which is in a very good condition I will be happy to do.

erik
14th June 2011, 20:50
I already got a standard seat, but I've still got the lowered one too. You can have it for $30 + postage if you want. It's missing the rubber cushion/spacer thing (can't remember if there's just one or two), I had to put it in the standard seat I got because that was missing one, but you should be able to remove the one from your current seat and swap it.
Send me a PM or email edorp@hotmail.com