On the beach, at the movies,
Uniforms cast aside
Ugly school shoes tossed away
Looking for mischievous ways
Xmas around the corner
New year celebrations
No more holidays, no more fun
No more freedom, now school has come...

Ahh remember the days in the old school yard? Well dammit I'm still in them! :lol: I can hear happy squealing voices juxtaposed with the tired tread of teachers toiling away, a million and one things to do - term attendance totals to tally, tables and materiel to be ship-shaped and squared. Detritus and flotsam and jetsam of a year long learning voyage to be reconciled, reconstrued, resuscitated or removed.

The platitudes and boredom of prize-giving to endure, the glorious few to be feted, the rest fidgeting and scraping to escape this childhood prison.

The round of work said and done, there are colleagues to be farewelled, hugs, tears and kisses and for some a secret smile of escaping the institution of bedlam.

One more event to contend with, the end of year function, on site and in our cafeterial! Oh for the love of mike, can we please be away from our incarceration, to feel like normal citizens and eat in grown up places?

Stay, softly, hold - I be not bitter nor outraged, I am still knackered from playing a full ensemble orchestra, juggling with lions, parrying aside the excuses, emboldening responses, challenging ideas and beliefs, scribing down doldrum reports of opportunity wasted ...

But looking back in reflection, it was the typical Clint Eastwood movie.

The Good
The Bad
And the Ugly.

Peace out to all of you people in KB land, this is one educator signing off for another year, thanks for paying your taxes for giving me paid opportunity to inflict ever lasting torment in mental, emotional and spiritual damage to my young charges!

Heaven forbid that they actually learnt anything valid from me! :innocent:

gijoe1313
17th December 2008, 07:56
3 hours to go

No side of contact with enemy.

Have concealed myself in room and barricaded the door and begun extraction process.

Can hear tangoes in nearby vinicity.:2guns:

Clutching school attendance roll tighter and sharpening pencil to repel invaders. :stoogie:

Will report back on developments. :shifty:

MIXONE
17th December 2008, 08:00
Have a good break gi you no doubt deserve it.How you keep from choking some of your young charges is beyond me.
Enjoy your riding,keep the rubber on the road and recharge your batteries for another year of expanding the munchkins minds.

TerminalAddict
17th December 2008, 08:23
hahahahaha christmas do' at work ... what a let down.

I'm hosting the BOT dinner tonight at a restaurant ... maybe we are a flasher school than you ;)

gijoe1313
17th December 2008, 08:45
Advance scouting party on the prowl looking for loose equipment.

Have purloined them and inducted them into my classroom as draftees in assisting pack up of room.

Excessive paper products transferred to recycling receptacle.

Processed wooden products used to write and do facisimile of work on are stacked and variable posterior support devices placed on top.

Have given away confiscated stash of lollies to placate and bribe horrendous scouting party turning ugly.

Teaching console and bridge support for learning leader last to be packed up.

Have concealed bits of important but useless documents and papers in nearby cupboard for next years reassignment.

There is more work to be done.

Must process reimbursement forms for own money paid to do my job.

I can feel the tension building outside. The mob is getting restless and unruly.

Have started sharpening 1 metre wooden ruler into punjii stake and will stab at heart of next interloper.

Missive ends. Report coming in later when coast is clear.

gijoe1313
17th December 2008, 09:24
There is now an interval.

Somehow have managed to complete several administration tasks that will lead to my renumeration of past expenditures to do my job (out of pocket several hundreds of dollars is ... vexing!)

Roll attendance has been subtotalled, added and totalled again. More paperwork.

Filled in equipages and breakages sheet for addressing of maintenance for next year. A list an arm long. Typical.

Have found draft timetable of my allocated classes for next year. Looks tentatively promising.

Found out that I have now morphed into a multi-materials learning leader in addition to my English prescription. Interesting. I get to harm students with power tools and assorted sharp things. Most excellent.

Schools are wonderful places, if only there weren't any students in them.

Have had various students sticking head around door to wish me pleasantries and other such bah humbug foolishness.

Envision slamming door on necks of said foolish students, but then they took the effort so I musn't give in to my natural instinct for slaughter.

Next report forthcoming when more exasperations and tomfoolery occur. :bye:

Hitcher
17th December 2008, 09:27
Fuck. The Idiot Quotient of Kiwi Biker will now rise exponentially.

The seasonal rush of posts about the inexplicable falling off of 250s written in TXT and devoid of punctuation is upon us.

Sigh.

yungatart
17th December 2008, 09:34
Well Mr GIJoe...you must have been naughty to have been kept in so long:spanking:

Our school finished on Friday at 10.15, followed by icecream and strawberries, bubbles and speeches, then off to Mission Estate Winery to partake in delectable food and more bubbles, finishing up with music (guitars and singing) until we were forcibly removed at 5.30! The cheek of it...:Oi:

Bring on the holidays, I say! Those in the business of edumacating our young folk work damned hard..I, for one, am exhausted!

gijoe1313
17th December 2008, 09:37
Interval bell has gone.

It is now time for prize giving.

Manhandling the charges into a semblance of order will result in usual shambolic mess.

Singing of national anthem will be murder on ears.

Time to gird the loins and let slip the last dogs of war.

Once more unto the breach dear friends! Once more!

Over the top I go! Gadzooks! :Pokey:

Gremlin
17th December 2008, 11:12
Has the country been warned that you are about to be set loose? :eek5:

gijoe1313
17th December 2008, 11:13
Well that went better than I expected.

No Al-Qaeda attack or someone letting off a stink bomb.

Choir was awful, someone needed to shoot them to put them out of their misery.

Prizes were doled out, arses slapped and photos taken, 'atta boy!

Parents looked like they were bored as the students.

I almost fell asleep twice. Thank gosh for timely clapping.

Reports handed out, growled kids to get out of school and don't let me catch them tagging or vomiting on my front lawn. If I see them I will run them over.

Kids laughed nervously. Not sure if Mr.Joe is serious or not. I'm not. Wouldn't dare give them a chance to bugger up my motorsickle.

Last chore to do. Endure end of year leaving speeches and then head down for a nosh up and watch the PE department get royally pissed.

Good times.

Should be out riding my motorpsycho.

Merry Xmas you savages, har de har frikk'n har!

Right, why do I feel like I've gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson and with a bulldozer strapped to my back? I see all my fellow survivors around me also in that thousand yard stare look.

Will now commence sweeping operations to root out any malingerers who suddenly want to stay on school grounds now that it is over! (go figure)

This is a representative of your tax funded contributions employed to try and give some semblance of an education to your progeny signing over and out.

Will report on the shennanigans and hi-jinks arising from end of year piss up.

Blossom
17th December 2008, 12:05
Lucky begger...
Our kids are still at school till thursday and friday... sigh, well at least I will get the christmas shopping done even if their teachers dont.

gijoe1313
17th December 2008, 13:54
*sigh* I'm still waiting for the food to be dished out, starving I am ... then I have to go get my wallet so I can pay off my outstanding tuck shop bill :weep:

I should have gone riding ....

Beemer
17th December 2008, 13:59
I finished all my study (forever, I hope!) a couple of weeks ago and was really looking forward to sitting in the sun reading and finally finishing decorating the tree but I've been flat out since then working! Just when everyone else seems to be winding down, several of my clients have discovered work that needs to be done yesterday! Oh well, at least I'll have some money coming through in January, which will be a bloody novelty!

gijoe1313
17th December 2008, 14:26
Right food is scoffed. Goodbyes completed. I'm off on a ride 'nuff said!

raftn
17th December 2008, 16:55
Right food is scoffed. Goodbyes completed. I'm off on a ride 'nuff said!

Gi Joe........last seen heading south...........wont be heard of again till ........schools back.

BuFfY
17th December 2008, 16:57
School is out, indeed!!

My year has gone SO fast, being my first year teaching etc.

Two of our teachers are leaving this year (we have 5 so it is quite a big departure). Had a small lunch, wine, nibbles, chatting etc after the kids left at 12.30 today.

Even though the children have gone home, we still have a bit of work to do. We are getting a new administration block next year, the build is starting over the holidays) so everything has to be moved around. I am also having to move classes so all my rubbish (amazing how much is collected in only a year) has been moved (mostly) to another class.

Also have to finish balancing my roll, have done part of it this afternoon and then decided wine was more interesting.

It has been a super super year, I have had the best class a first year teacher could ever hope for. I have been able to take part, organise and contribute to so many wonderful activities throughout the school and have had amazing results from my children.

Now, 6 weeks of NOTHING! I feel it is very much deserved!!:sunny::sunny:

gijoe1313
17th December 2008, 16:58
Gi Joe........last seen heading south...........wont be heard of again till ........schools back.

:oi-grr: I highly resemble that statement ...

PrincessBandit
17th December 2008, 21:24
You are lucky Justin! I endured prizegiving then still had to miss out on eaties as I had to take my dear offspring to finish their Christmas shopping!
Still, I think I feel a ride coming on tomorrow.....Yippee!!!

gijoe1313
17th December 2008, 22:32
You are lucky Justin! I endured prizegiving then still had to miss out on eaties as I had to take my dear offspring to finish their Christmas shopping!
Still, I think I feel a ride coming on tomorrow.....Yippee!!!

Well let me know if you feel like a little pootling with me! :msn-wink:

Swoop
18th December 2008, 06:38
...in addition to my English prescription.
Do you have to take that to the chemist?

gijoe1313
18th December 2008, 09:17
Well as I live and weep, I slept in till the giddy heights of 8.30am :blink:

Was a bit lost and adrift for a wee while, mooched around in my grundies and scratched body bits ... then some brekkie and then some KB ... and all of a sudden I have found an excuse for a ride! :woohoo:

Far and away from seeing any of my earstwhile ex-charges I shall be thoroughly enjoying not thinking of them anymore!

Now ... where are my clothes ...

Lucy
18th December 2008, 09:46
Well as you lot may or may not know, I help finance my lavish lifestyle down here by driving a School bus. Not my dream job, and luckily it ends tomorrow due to Go Bus taking over,

Anyway, today I got my revenge on the School by giving the kids coloured fizzy drinks and lollies. Hahahahahaha.

Fatt Max
18th December 2008, 20:33
....my friend, how amazing this is...

For once I loved the noise
The halls beat like a heart
The young, the new, the gifted
Ran through oak lined corridors
Past trophies of past greatness
Past names of those who tell
of flags, of joy, of lateness
The great ones who loved and fell

Then now, for noise is over
Young hearts run free
To learn no more
To clear the mind
Pray mistless mountains they will be

For now, time to express
That song, an emotion, a stand
For school is out
The year is done
We run
Because we can

Fatt Max - 18.12.2008....very pissed...great thread

alanzs
19th December 2008, 06:56
School? What is this thing you people call "school?"

gijoe1313
19th December 2008, 07:48
Again slept in to the soaring majesty of 8.00am.

At this rate I will be waking up as the moon is going down! :blink:

Gremlin
19th December 2008, 11:11
Yeh, but what time did you go to bed... do you ever get 8 hours sleep? :zzzz:

gijoe1313
19th December 2008, 16:34
Yeh, but what time did you go to bed... do you ever get 8 hours sleep? :zzzz:

I think I did get 8 hours continuous sleep somewhere in 1987 ... I am a dreamweaver ... I steal sleep from others which means I can be a riding demon of the night, stalking the roadways, pouncing on hapless paths that lead to the back and beyond, making my nefarious sojourns to destinations unpathed and enticing with signs that say "bikers beware".

Ooh, I feel a ride coming on ... even though I went into Botany Honda today and tried to make my 24K service booking for earlier then I intended to! :innocent: