PDA

View Full Version : I think I want to go naked

fatty
13th February 2005, 14:38
Hi all
I'm still looking for my first MC and having spent the last week reading threads on KB,adds on trade me and lookijng at a few dealers I think I've convinced myself that something naked would be the way to go. Up till now I have been looking at full fearing 4 strokes, in particular the Honda CBR's and the Kawasaki ZXR,s as I want to get into heads down bum up (within graduated liscencing regulations :yeah: ) but murphy will probably have the last laugh. I want to spend about 5K and this ammount seems like alot considering what you can get in a naked guise So I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations of some naked MC's that are of around about the same performance.
Any input would be really appreciated.

:niceone:

Grumpy
13th February 2005, 15:01
Naked is the only way to ride. :o

I got back into "nakeds" a few years back now and I don't think I could go back.

Not sure what's around but with the influx of imports these days you certainly have a little more choice. A mate of mine scored himself a CB250 a couple of years back. That was an excellent bike tofind his legs on.

Hitcher
13th February 2005, 15:05
Riding nakeds is great fun. And it's easier on your wrists, etc. If you're taller than 5'8", heavier than 75kg, and like travelling distances in excess of 50km, sportsbikes are not for you.

bungbung
13th February 2005, 15:33
A mate of mine brought round his 1998 VTR250 he bought on Friday.

$4500, 14000km. It's pretty nice, and they are in your price range.

Have a look on Bikepoint

(Edit) I just read the bit about "same performance"

Perhaps a 4cyl bike like a Zeal, Hornet or Bandit then.

Joni
13th February 2005, 15:37
I like naked!!!! :D

Some nice 250 Hornets out there at the Mo....

:2thumbsup

White trash
13th February 2005, 15:39
The Kiwi new 250 Bandits from '99 onwards would get my vote. The model with orange rocker cover had variable valve timing so you could also hang with the Integra boys down Kent Tce on a Friday night!

Seriously though, they're fucken screamers, handle well, and are really comfortble to ride.