PDA

View Full Version : Traveling the South Island 2009

Matsche
17th December 2008, 15:02
Hi there,

we, 2 40 year old German rider are up to travel the South in the next year.
Starting sometime in January for about 8 weeks or so.
Like to catch up with some others on our way ...
Either others travelling or locals?!

Cheers Juergen

kave
19th December 2008, 10:04
My wife and I are taking three weeks to do a clockwise lap of the south island starting in early Jan. If you spot a GSXR1100 two-up, the rider with a red helmet, and the pillion with a black helmet with red patterning, then please say hi.

forkoil
19th December 2008, 10:32
Six of us are doing a lap or three of the Sth Isl but are leaving Dec 20th and finishing Jan 3/4th, so wont coincide with you

wofman
19th December 2008, 11:47
give me a call when you get to christchurch 0272652781

yeahrightmate
22nd December 2008, 13:19
Hi

If you make it to Canterbury give me a ring on 03 313 0929 or 027 434 5122. Come around for a meal if you would like to share a few tips from the road.

Not contactable between December 31st to January 6th 2009. Will be at national BMW rally. Check out www.bmwor.org.nz for further info on this event.

Regards

Warren
Canterbury BMWOR Area Rep

Beemer
23rd December 2008, 11:23
You would be more than welcome to stay with us for a few days during your stay if you get to the North Island. There is a post of mine called 'anyone coming our way?' that gives more information. It used to be a sticky so was the first post in this section, but for some reason it isn't any more.

We've hosted four or five German couples and really enjoyed their company, so we'd love to have you stay.

See you at the rally, Warren!

Beemer
8th January 2009, 14:15
We've just hosted Juergen and Heike for the night and have to say they are a lovely couple. If you get the chance to catch up with them while they are in NZ, do so.

They are heading to the South Island now, then back to the North Island next month when we hope they will stay with us again on the way through.

NighthawkNZ
8th January 2009, 14:23
Hi there,

we, 2 40 year old German rider are up to travel the South in the next year.
Starting sometime in January for about 8 weeks or so.
Like to catch up with some others on our way ...
Either others travelling or locals?!

Cheers Juergen

if you make it to Dunedin let us know...

JimO
8th January 2009, 15:14

you going to steal their bike??:nono:

Taz
8th January 2009, 15:33
My sister has a sleep out you can use in Motueka if you need a place to stay there. PM me for contact details if needed.
Andy.

NighthawkNZ
8th January 2009, 15:59
you going to steal their bike??:nono:

im not old enough to ride a bmw?

Beemer
9th January 2009, 15:06
im not old enough to ride a bmw?

Are you implying we are? :msn-wink:

Matsche
26th January 2009, 08:50

We've been there - right in Dunedin, with Nighthawk!!!
And it was a pleasure for us. Can't beat this, been a great hospitality,
nice tour guide.

Many thanks to Dave (thought goes by as Dale) and Paula.

Had a great time. Nice ride - pretty fast ones ...
Nice bunch of people around here.

Not to long until we meet again!!! Really looking forward for the Alexandia rally!

Geeting read already and counting the days.
Gonna have a lot more fun then!

Thx yu both and see you there

@ Dave: Yu may have realized by now, we coulnd't take the TV with us...

Cheers Juergen & Heike

Daffyd
26th January 2009, 11:00
I think I saw you pass by in the Catlins yesterday. Sorry I missed you all.

NighthawkNZ
26th January 2009, 11:21
Had a great time. Nice ride - pretty fast ones ...

Only Xaria she got the speeding ticket :innocent::shutup:

normajeane
27th January 2009, 09:11
Only Xaria she got the speeding ticket :innocent::shutup:

WHAT. Did you not protect her!! Didn't go up and beat on the cop!! Bad boy.:oi-grr:

NighthawkNZ
27th January 2009, 09:22
WHAT. Did you not protect her!! Didn't go up and beat on the cop!! Bad boy.:oi-grr:

I wasn't with her... I was in Kaka Point...

normajeane
27th January 2009, 09:52
No excuse!! No doubt you have told the Germans we are all going to be at Vincent. You are parking where?? See you there:2thumbsup

NighthawkNZ
27th January 2009, 09:59
No excuse!! No doubt you have told the Germans we are all going to be at Vincent. You are parking where?? See you there:2thumbsup

Yes I have talked the our German tourists into going to the Vincent... (will be trying to get the same spot as last year...)

Matsche
27th January 2009, 13:17
Yes I have talked the our German tourists into going to the Vincent... (will be trying to get the same spot as last year...)

Yeah, Vincent, get ready - We're s u r e coming around ...

oldrider
9th February 2009, 22:35
While I was at the Vincent rally I ran into a couple of tricky Germans, Juergen and Heinke (I think I have their their names right). :niceone:

I enjoyed your company and you made an excellent accompanyment to my famous "Jimmie's meat pie" and coffee! :eek5:

You may not remember me but I was one of the group of KBr's that you were eating your sauerkraut with. :rolleyes:

Typical German couple, male rather serious but interesting to talk to and female cheery and full of fun. :wari:

You must have made a good impression, even my Alzheimer's doesn't allow me to forget you! :woohoo:

Nice to meet you both, enjoy the rest of your trip. :ride: Cheers, John.

SDU
10th February 2009, 09:49
It was good to meet you both at the rally, hope you continue to enjoy your travels here & if you get back down this way give us a yell.

(to jog your memory I was the hobbit with the long hair with the kb group.)