PDA

View Full Version : Tri Series prep

Quasievil
17th December 2008, 18:32
Ive been racing on and off for a few years now at club level and have for the most enjoyed it heaps, this year im doing the whole deal with four race days between now and the end of the month, including Wanganui .........every time I think that Im racing at Wangas I get a flurry of nervous tingles up my body (no shit)

these last couple of months have involved lots of time and effort being put into the bike getting everything absolutely mint for the upcoming racing, we have checked out the engine and gearbox etc, we have changed the configuration on it (dropped yokes, changed the rake of the forks) re done all the suspension damping compression rebound spring rate etc, you name it Ive done it I want this bike to be in absolute race trim for these meetings.
Despite having a lower than the competition HP rating of 45.4 at the rear wheel (possibly a bit more now) I am ready, bar putting on a Akrapovic system (8hp) to get me closer to the competition Im ready !!

Had a bit of a dilemma over the whole race tyre thing and have been speaking to heaps of people motarders and tyre companies etc about what I should run in the tri series, I have had on the Metzler drifts (slick) as well as a set of Pirelli corsa slicks SC0 (front) SC1 (rear) both good tyres but the issue for me is I dont have a spare set of rims and wanted a tyre to put on that would cover high speed dry racing as well as damp condition racing (I have wets for rain rain) so after much deliberation and advise from Andrew Lawrence of Darbis I have decided to run some Continental Race attacks (street) it seems Andrew is a bit of a guru with the contis and he advised me very knowledgeably about tyre pressures as well as tyre warmers , bike weight etc and Im now hoping that the descision is going to be correct, always a bit of a worry going into the dark with a new tyre choice brand (body on the line racing etc)

Funny thing is cold pressure will be 28 psi in the front and 23 psi on the rear (yes its true) this is the best performance pressures according to Andrew from testing on Jays bike and is also the pressure recommendation for racing (apparently) from continental.

I will post and let you know how I get on, though I have no doubt they will be bang on the money (I know a few motarders on them already)
Contis seem to be the ducks nuts at the moment so if anything goes wrong its the rider not the tyres lol

My Aims are to finish in the top ten in the tri series event.

First race on Saturday at the tri series in Manfield, followed by Wanganui, then the two day spectacular in Taupo, come along people and say hi !!

I want to thank a couple of people and businesses that have helped me in the setup for my campaign

Triplexmoto in Auckland for great mechanical work,service and products
Supacross Cycles, for tyre changes and parts
Boyd Honda for Parts at great prices and advise and support
Steven Briggs for advise on setup and help with it
Andrew lawrence from Darbis for advise and

As well as my Sponsors

Me (Qmoto) For the best gear on the planet
Mobil 1 for the best synthetic oil on the planet
Knox, for the best armour on the planet (I may need it)
My Family for putting up with this obssesion !

Thats it.....see ya there !

PS Im easy to see KTM #65 black/white leathers with QUASI written on the front n back !

007XX
17th December 2008, 18:39
I'm gutted i won't be there to cheer you on my friend!

But Go Hard, I know you will...:rockon:

Quasievil
17th December 2008, 18:42
I'm gutted i won't be there to cheer you on my friend!

But Go Hard, I know you will...:rockon:

And to ensure I do I shall put a picture of your avatar on my tank (only place to put it)

sinfull
17th December 2008, 18:56
Good luck mate will cheer ya on on sat !

Tony.OK
17th December 2008, 19:43
Bring on Saturday aye dude......................I'm in the same boat with trying these Conti's too mate, will be interesting even though completely different bikes to compare notes, see ya there.

AlBundy
17th December 2008, 22:48
Sounds good B.

I won't say good luck or break a leg... May you have fun, first and foremost, then, may the results reflect your enthusiasm and dedication...

kezzafish
18th December 2008, 00:45
good onya mate. i'll get some pics of ya at the cemetary. Don't forget to bust wheelies wherever you see a Nikon

Quasievil
18th December 2008, 07:41
good onya mate. i'll get some pics of ya at the cemetary. Don't forget to bust wheelies wherever you see a Nikon

Yeah okay, every one knows me for my awesome wheelies :crybaby:

t3mp0r4ry nzr
20th December 2008, 11:51
Good on you man!
You will not remember me, but 3-4 years ago I came to your garage to buy some new road kit. I will be in the pits at Wanga's tending to team whitebait racing but if the whether packs in I will shoot over and lend a hand changing the wets over if needed (my boys dont have wets!). In any case I will make myself known. Just look out for the Rizla suzuki guy haha (I will bw hard to miss!)

kezzafish
27th December 2008, 10:55
here ya go quasi. They're average pics cos i got a bit lazy and my flash died after taking 1 photo! they're shrunk for web too. I'll send hi res copies to ya if you want. Well done mate. How'd ya do in the last race? what an awesome day, motard field is huge huh?

P.S. this is corner 1 (duh) race 2... just after 4 supersport600s collided into the gutter and covered the outside of the track in oil