PDA

View Full Version : Harley riders save the day!

toads
13th February 2005, 18:55
here something for all the scoffers to put in their pipes and smoke.

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=47629

and here (http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3187567a11,00.html)

crashe
13th February 2005, 18:59
and they got the dude......Well done.

Some HD riders that were in Hamilton were on the Westpac run today...

Storm
13th February 2005, 19:00
Does me heart good to hear that not everyone will look the other way. Makes me proud to be a biker

DEATH_INC.
13th February 2005, 19:00
Well done :niceone: good stuff

Paul in NZ
13th February 2005, 19:21
I hope they 'held' him by standing on his nuts with hobnail boots until the Police arrived..

And that they (the Police) were not in much of a hurry.

Well done those HD Dudes and Dudettes (of which there were a lot of the nonwaving but sometimes nodding buggers on the road today)

Sensei
13th February 2005, 19:32
I'm sure anyone on here would have done the same .
SENSEI

Gixxer 4 ever
13th February 2005, 21:31
Good on them. :banana: I think we would all have done the same but they were John on the spot so to speak. It would be nice if they were less staunch and did give a wave from time to time. :spudwave: Mind you I do see the odd one wave and there are a few who almost wave but are afraid they may be seen waving so don't. :confused:

Sycophant
13th February 2005, 21:54
I'm sure anyone on here would have done the same

I have done the same, but it can be really really scary if you are confronting them alone... Having a larger group of would be a huge help. Although it's a bit scary to think back on that sort of thing and think how easily it could have been different - how you find yourself thinking things that seem very out of character. In my case, if I had grabbed my 5 D-Cell Maglite on the way out the door things would have been very different when the cops arrived.

I can't understand when people fail to take some sort of action when this sort of thing happens. It's alway good to hear of things working our right.

Waylander
14th February 2005, 00:09
I would have to agree with storm, stuff like this makes me proad to be a biker
(even if they were HD riders)
pt

hondav2
14th February 2005, 23:14
When Im on my HOG I always wave at the rice burners. Most guys on harleys are no different to most other bikers. Theres a few that work fairly hard on the image. When your 110 like Scummy and me you will have a Harley as well. Cheers Toddy

ching_ching
15th February 2005, 07:02
I been contemplating what the scenario mighta been like. Sumdink along the lines like:

Jeff: "Hey what's that? Sounds like a young woman in distress Doris!"
Doris: "My God it is Jeff, look! That darstadly young man is assaulting that poor woman!"
Jeff: "Stay here dear. I'll get a couple of the other fullas. Hey Bill, Steve, lets help her out chaps!"
Bill: "Righto son. Come on Steve let's go!"
(all three Harley Riders rush to woman's aid, apprehending assailant and holding him down)
Jeff: "Well down guys, now hold him down real good while I contact the authorities." (pulls out latest Nokia mobile phone and voice command dials 111).
Jeff: "Righto chaps, the police are on their way."
(10 minutes later police arrive, preliminary questions asked, victim is comforted and taken home, perp taken to jail)
Jeff: "Well lads, that deserves a latté. Any of you other chaps know a good café around here that serves great lattés and has decent parking for our Harley's while we sip our drinks while dressed in our leathers looking cool?"

:spudwhat: Obviously a PT! Being a Buell rider it had better be!! :headbang:

MSTRS
15th February 2005, 07:28
That is excellent to hear. How many of us would jump in when given the opportunity? Not as many as you'd think, I'd dare say.

clint640
15th February 2005, 07:32
Jeff: "Well lads, that deserves a latté. Any of you other chaps know a good café around here that serves great lattés and has decent parking for our Harley's while we sip our drinks while dressed in our leathers looking cool?"

:lol: :lol:

Actually I think a few of them are coming round, before our recent 2000km trip I decided to spread the love & wave at everybody on a bike, cruisers included. While I did get a couple of "WTF is some wanker on a farmbike waving at me for?" looks, the majority of harley pilots waved back. :spudwave:

Clint

Jackrat
16th February 2005, 15:51
That is excellent to hear. How many of us would jump in when given the opportunity? Not as many as you'd think, I'd dare say.

Actualy the few HD riders I still know would of kicked the shit head into a bloody mess an not rung the cops.
I also belive it's best to half kill the fucker than ring the cops,then a lesson is really learnt.
Good on them guys all the same.

MSTRS
16th February 2005, 15:56
Actualy the few HD riders I still know would of kicked the shit head into a bloody mess an not rung the cops.
I also belive it's best to half kill the fucker than ring the cops,then a lesson is really learnt.
Good on them guys all the same.
This is of course the correct procedure when dealing with scum. All I was saying was that less people than you'd think would actually get involved, which is a sad indictment on our society.

Storm
16th February 2005, 17:57
At the risk of starting a sh#t fight , a lot of people these days would be too scared to dive in for fear that they'd get sued by the attacker if they happened to bruise his pinky finger when the restrained him. ( eg the going to the help of the police thread that was around a while back)
Was a time when he'd have got a good steel capped "instructional lecture" on the downside of shady living, and little old ladies would have sat there sipping there tea and nodding in agreement

Jackrat
16th February 2005, 18:40
This is of course the correct procedure when dealing with scum. All I was saying was that less people than you'd think would actually get involved, which is a sad indictment on our society.

Ah yeah,I forgot to say I agree an understand what your saying.
A few years ago I had to actualy pull on the hand brake of a car I was riding in to make the driver stop, so I could go to the aid of a postie that was being attacked by dogs.
The driver reckoned it wasn't his problem :brick:

Skyryder
18th February 2005, 22:16
Must be newbies. The old school would have used a bit of street justice. Good to see a collar from the brothers all the same.

Skyryder

inlinefour
6th March 2005, 08:10
They deserve a DB!
:wari:

Coyote
6th March 2005, 09:04
They deserve a DB!
:wari:
Resurrecting old threads again are we?

Admittedly, it's not a very old thread, but last post was a few weeks back

Waylander
6th March 2005, 09:56
Resurrecting old threads again are we?

Admittedly, it's not a very old thread, but last post was a few weeks back
Yea but he wasn't here when it was posted I don't think. Was when he was in the south island.

moko
6th March 2005, 10:12

Good similar story in my local rag this evening.Scumbag decides to hit and run a jewellery shop in Plymouth City Centre. Un-happily for the scrote thinking he`d got his hands on a freebie bit of bling after giving the sales guy a slap he ran straight into 3 Royal Marines out doing a bit of shopping. Phrases like "the Marines training came into play" and "Marine so and so employed his Martial arts knowledge" lead me to reckon that A: the cctv film will be found to be missing and B: for once some low-life got exactly what was coming to him.