PDA

View Full Version : ACC and the lack of HTFU ps this is a rant

enigma51
19th December 2008, 09:56
Watching cambell live last night with acc thing etc and one of the things they had on there was this woman who got drunk jumped on to a table fell off broke her arm and have been on acc for a year now. WTF.

a year on acc for a broken arm?????????? HTFU You got drunk you jumped up on the table with silly fucking red shoes and now you want the every day person to pay for your fucking holiday. Yes im happy to pay for the surgery but to pay for your lazy pen pushing ass to be on ACC salary for a year get fucked.

Today i get in to find out that one of our staff has fallen of his tricycle and broke his wrist. So now he is off (on acc most likely) for wait for it

3 fucking months WHAT THE FUCK He pushes a pen for fuck sake deal with it.

Stop abusing the system you lazy fuckers. Then we will not have these huge acc charges on everthing. If you know of someone thats on acc that should rather be working slap the fucker so he has a reason to be on acc.

And if you fall off your bike and hurt yourself stop abusing the system and go back to work you lazy cunt. In doing so you will make sure that there is enough money for people that are seriously injured.

Rant over please proceed

pixc
19th December 2008, 10:17
:o So, it appears that when you need help genuinely you, they treat you like a bludging whining idiot who despite paying acc levies/fees etc all your working life, never received any assistance what so ever from the government before, your treated like unworthy scum. (My accident was deemed an accident, No one at fault) I'm constantly made to feel guilty about my predicament tho I cant help it.

It appears Im an either the wrong sex, wrong color or since I didnt do this to myself in some act of stupidity, that they make it very hard and increasingly difficult to cope. Im sorry enigma51, Im an innocent on the otherside of ACC bullshit.

I aggree..DOB the bastards in that are milking the system. Do as America does and set private investigators on to them. Come down hard on the bludgers.

enigma51
19th December 2008, 10:26
:o So, it appears that when you need help genuinely you, they treat you like a bludging whining idiot who despite paying acc levies/fees etc all your working life, never received any assistance what so ever from the government before, your treated like unworthy scum. (My accident was deemed an accident, No one at fault) I'm constantly made to feel guilty about my predicament tho I cant help it.

It appears Im an either the wrong sex, wrong color or since I didnt do this to myself in some act of stupidity, that they make it very hard and increasingly difficult to cope. Im sorry enigma51, Im an innocent on the otherside of ACC bullshit.

I aggree..DOB the bastards in that are milking the system. Do as America does and set private investigators on to them. Come down hard on the bludgers.

Dont know what your sex or color have to do with it? And if you want me to feel sorry cause your white and a women ..... it aint going to happen. If you where black and women ....... same treatment from me.

If you stay on acc cause you broke your wrist and for some reason that stop you from working your are milking the system. If your on acc cause your broke your back (example) and realy cant work acc should pay for you.

Ps im not talking about claiming acc for the surgery and treatment Im referring to the people that get a acc "salary" every month.

pixc
19th December 2008, 10:35
And if you want me to feel sorry

im not wanting anything from you. I made the comment based on my own observations. Ive seen people hobble into ACC offices get something signed, then pretty much skip joyfully out the door, on several occasions.

nodrog
19th December 2008, 10:38
this thread is stressing me out, i better go on ACC

Cajun
19th December 2008, 10:38
nice rant engima

enigma51
19th December 2008, 10:47
this thread is stressing me out, i better go on ACC

Isnt taurange the acc capitol? :Pokey:

nodrog
19th December 2008, 10:58
Isnt taurange the acc capitol? :Pokey:

foreshore bro :niceone:

SPman
19th December 2008, 11:45
At least there is ACC in NZ.
In Oz, have an accident, not at work, and can't work, and it's stiff shit matey!

Usarka
19th December 2008, 11:54
ACC being generous with compensation???? Well fuck me.....

In Oz, have an accident, not at work, and can't work, and it's stiff shit matey!

Happens to people in NZ too........

enigma51
19th December 2008, 12:27
ACC being generous with compensation???? Well fuck me.....

Happens to people in NZ too........

Its cause people like miss red shoes and the fuckwit at work has got in first and now there is no more money left

Skyryder
19th December 2008, 14:49
I suspect that there would be more health professionals ripping of ACC than the man in the street.

Skyryder

Road Guardian
19th December 2008, 19:28
Acc, it can be good, because you have less to stress about when you do have an "accident". I quote "accident" because some times, ACC will fund treatment for injuries that are not considered an "accident"

Anyone who overdoses on any medication/substance, most of the time are eligible for ACC cover.

Or if some one attempts suicide, and does not succed, and causes injury, can also be eligble. That includes deliberate attempts.

Makes you think, whats an "accident"?

Usarka
19th December 2008, 20:04
Acc, it can be good, because you have less to stress about when you do have an "accident". I quote "accident" because some times, ACC will fund treatment for injuries that are not considered an "accident"?

Unless they decide there is "insufficient evidence" to process a claim...... ACC is just like the dole - it's a great "safety net" for the losers and bludgers and sometimes even works for hard working NZ'ers.

pixc
20th December 2008, 07:32
broke her arm and have been on acc for a year

You see, that pisses me off to.

SixPackBack
20th December 2008, 08:06
It's the all or nothing mentality that gets me. So she breaks her arm and possibly has complications resulting an extended period off work, she does however have another arm and hence method of working on at least a part time basis, hell if she was really serious she could rent her vagina and turn a profit:buggerd:..........

Pussy
20th December 2008, 08:15
I knew a guy who was on ACC for years (at least 10) with a "bad back".
It never stopped him doing anything.
Several of us joked that the ACC would have to make him a redundancy payout to take him off it

Meanie
20th December 2008, 08:26
I have someone working for me that sprained his ankle at work in March and he just got another 6 weeks off about two days ago nice holiday eh. Oh and i,m expected to hold his job open
That makes it 11 and a half months for a sprained ankle and we wonder why they are short of funds at acc
Bring on private insurance i say, at least the bludgers will have some sort of chance of getting sprung

jafar
20th December 2008, 08:31
Acc, it can be good, because you have less to stress about when you do have an "accident". I quote "accident" because some times, ACC will fund treatment for injuries that are not considered an "accident"

Anyone who overdoses on any medication/substance, most of the time are eligible for ACC cover.

Or if some one attempts suicide, and does not succed, and causes injury, can also be eligble. That includes deliberate attempts.

Makes you think, whats an "accident"?

You also get cover for damaging yourself while attempting to escape from prison or running away from the cops."

ACC isn't the issue, the 'no fault' system we have is the main issue. In the USA & several other countries there is no equivilent to ACC.
The role of ACC is taken up by private insurers & you pay for the cover the same way as you pay for insurance. In other words you pay the premium & you get the cover you pay for.
Most of the halfwits on ACC in this country wouldn't have been clever enough to get this type of insurance before their rugby game or whatever the cause of the claim is.
Therefore there would be no claim on the ACC , no ACC charges on your car or bike, your employer wouldn't be paying thousands in levies to the ACC either.

jafar
20th December 2008, 08:39
I have someone working for me that sprained his ankle at work in March and he just got another 6 weeks off about two days ago nice holiday eh. Oh and i,m expected to hold his job open
That makes it 11 and a half months for a sprained ankle and we wonder why they are short of funds at acc
Bring on private insurance i say, at least the bludgers will have some sort of chance of getting sprung

In the current financial climate you may be better to make the said idjit redundant & claim hardship.

I too got caught out by a bludger when I was an employer, I had to hold his job open for 3 months & when he did come back he started back on the monday, handed his notice in on the wednesday & buggered off on the friday.

enigma51
20th December 2008, 08:47
It's the all or nothing mentality that gets me. So she breaks her arm and possibly has complications resulting an extended period off work, she does however have another arm and hence method of working on at least a part time basis, hell if she was really serious she could rent her vagina and turn a profit:buggerd:..........

You dont need you arm to rent out your vagina ..... unless you wanna rent out wanks

enigma51
20th December 2008, 08:51
In the current financial climate you may be better to make the said idjit redundant & claim hardship.

I too got caught out by a bludger when I was an employer, I had to hold his job open for 3 months & when he did come back he started back on the monday, handed his notice in on the wednesday & buggered off on the friday.

You most likely not only had to keep it open but get a contractor at top $ for 3 months and pay out his holidays after he left. I also bet he would have telling all his mates how he screwed you and the system.

Also you are right its not the ACC that the issue its the people. Those who are milking it and those who are laughing about it when he/she tells you about it

Slyer
20th December 2008, 08:52
I agree.
The same thing goes for the dole, payouts should stop after a certain period if you are able to get a job and you just don't.

enigma51
20th December 2008, 08:57
I agree.
The same thing goes for the dole, payouts should stop after a certain period if you are able to get a job and you just don't.

I agree but the doll should only pay if you get made redundant or the company closes shop then when things like this economic times happen people are taking care off that really needs it. If you got fired for being a lazy prick ...... fuck you

SixPackBack
20th December 2008, 08:58
You dont need you arm to rent out your vagina ..... unless you wanna rent out wanks

True. But my point is you could have no limbs at all, rent out your vagina and still be rolling in cash without ACC:eek:

enigma51
20th December 2008, 08:59
True. But my point is you could have no limbs at all, rent out your vagina and still be rolling in cash without ACC:eek:

If i had vagina i would have been making money with it. :drool:

homer
20th December 2008, 09:15

at least over there you can sue.

homer
20th December 2008, 09:16

are you asking acc to help you out with that? haha

pixc
20th December 2008, 09:16
If we had a system like good ole USA, I wouldnt need ACC because Id be sueing both Tauranga and Hamilton hospitals. A women in USA claimed $16,000,000 for contracting a flesh-eating bacteria. Granted she lost 3 limbs, I only lost a peice the size of a desert plate.

pixc
20th December 2008, 09:23

That got me thinking. If a prostitute contracted an STD, and can longer 'work' for a period, would they be entitled to ACC and get 80% of their earnings? And what about professional sports players? Do they get 80% of their 'wages' when they suffer a injury?

jafar
20th December 2008, 09:26
I agree but the doll should only pay if you get made redundant or the company closes shop then when things like this economic times happen people are taking care off that really needs it. If you got fired for being a lazy prick ...... fuck you

Here's another thing wrong, if you leave a job you have a 26 week stand down before you get the dole, but if you get fired then you get the dole straight away.
The dole doesn't pay in cases of redundancy until you can provehardship, you are required to use your payout to live & show you have no means to support yourself before taxpayer funds are used to help you.