PDA

View Full Version : Different excuse for pruning my rose bush

PrincessBandit
20th December 2008, 13:07
Umm, this morning we decided to check tyre pressure and fill our bikes in readiness for the big ride to CHCH (from Auckland) for Christmas. Good thinking Batman, great idea to have all in readiness so that on departure day we can just jump on the 2 wheeled beasties and tally ho down country.

I backed my bandit through the gate (as I've done countless times before without incident) when what should happen, but my back tyre hit a small rock which I hadn't seen when swinging up outside in readiness for rolling back in the gate. Faaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkk! Over she goes with me still in the saddle right into..........the rose bush.

Hubby came round the bend in the drive (we have a long shared driveway) in time to see the bike land on top of me, flattened rose stems everywhere, bike giving it's final rrrrrrrmmmmmmm! before stalling.

That rose bush has given me plenty of grief over the years with vicious thorns every time I've pruned it so I got my revenge by flattening it with a fully gassed up approx. 230kg bike with 60kg rider!! Hahahaha. Thankfully my leather jacket protected me from said nasty thorns, and the bush itself meant that my front indicator stayed far enough away from the ground to not bear the brunt of the oops.

Rik and Pete lifted the bike off me (not hurt btw) and as I climbed out of the rose bush we could only laugh at the "transformation" which now needs to be tidied up.

Moral of the story, it was a timely reminder to me especially not to take things for granted (like clear driveways) while on the bike. No matter how often you might do things quite safely or without incident there is always that one time when something is just waiting to bite you in the bum.

p.s. if you see a blue burgman and dark blue bandit travelling SH1 in the next couple of days you might like to run for cover!!!:lol:

martybabe
20th December 2008, 13:26
Glad your OK Princess, sometimes it seems like anything and everything are out to get ya.

I don't suppose you'll be traveling through New Plymouth eh, I've got a Rhododendron that needs flattening :laugh:

Enjoy your trip hun and take it easy out there, it's blowing like a bloomin hurricane up my end. x

Katman
20th December 2008, 13:39
Rik and Pete lifted the bike off me (not hurt btw) and as I climbed out of the rose bush

A thorn between two roses?

firefighter
20th December 2008, 14:01
"Different excuse for pruning my rose bush"

I Was sure you were talkin bout pruning something else when I read that title........:rolleyes::buggerd: (too much family guy maybe?)

SixPackBack
20th December 2008, 14:30
SHIT!....dissapointed. I thought for a minute 'pruning my rose bush' was anologous with shaving your pussy-pictures would have been great:msn-wink:

Trudes
20th December 2008, 14:34
Geezus we all have dirty minds!!!:lol:
Glad you're ok there PB!!:2thumbsup

PrincessBandit
20th December 2008, 14:49
Hahaha, sorry to disappoint - I'm a modest girl I am! Besides, some things are just best not put on public display!!!

Number One
20th December 2008, 15:57
"Different excuse for pruning my rose bush"

I Was sure you were talkin bout pruning something else when I read that title........:rolleyes::buggerd: (too much family guy maybe?)

SHIT!....dissapointed. I thought for a minute 'pruning my rose bush' was anologous with shaving your pussy-pictures would have been great:msn-wink:

Geezus we all have dirty minds!!!:lol:
Glad you're ok there PB!!:2thumbsup

Hahaha, sorry to disappoint - I'm a modest girl I am! Besides, some things are just best not put on public display!!!

Indeed I expected some kind of filthy euphemism also! I'm somewhat disappointed..actually nah I'm over it now

Glad you are ok Princess sorry about the roses and hope you baby isn't too banged up

Skyryder
20th December 2008, 16:25
Pain by any other name is still pain.

Personaly I belive in hard prunning just not at this time of year.

Skyryder

Sparrowhawk
20th December 2008, 16:33
:lol: This is one for the ATGATT crew. You were barely moving and the leather gear saved your ass. Coulda been a real 'thorn in your side' situation. :killingme

Hope you guys have a great ride south, be safe there's some nutters out there. Will get better the further you get from jafa-land though. And enjoy queen charlotte drive!!

PrincessBandit
20th December 2008, 18:25
Hey thanks for your kind words all (yeah, including you pervs) lol.
will take lots of pics on our trip so might post in the touring forum once back.

old git
20th December 2008, 19:03
Now you have perfected the art of decimating bushes.......nip around to my place whilst in chch, i've hundreds of thistles in the paddocks that need attention , and its boring driving a tractor!!

pritch
20th December 2008, 19:06
I wish you smooth crossings :wavey:

gijoe1313
21st December 2008, 17:35
Well well, looks like some more of the KB crew are heading Mainland side. I will txt you when we invade it ourselves! :lol:

Hmmm and may the twain never meet! Always good to get your whoopsie-daisy out of the way early right? You've already had your bad luck so the rest should be easy riding! :niceone:

Spot you down there!

PrincessBandit
23rd December 2008, 21:41
Well well, looks like some more of the KB crew are heading Mainland side. I will txt you when we invade it ourselves! :lol:

Hmmm and may the twain never meet! Always good to get your whoopsie-daisy out of the way early right? You've already had your bad luck so the rest should be easy riding! :niceone:

Spot you down there!

Hahahaha, if only (getting the whoopsie out of the way early). Guess whose muffler fell off about 20k north of Greta Valley....... Rik did an admirable job of strapping it to the frame for the last leg of the ride to Rangiora. Eeeeek, have to do some ringing around first thing in the morning to see if I can get my baby fixed!
Yep, for sure, flick me a text when you're over here. :wari: