PDA

View Full Version : Vladivostok to France 14,000 km 40 days

Louie
21st December 2008, 02:29
Is there anyone mad enough to consider a trip like this ? Its just a bit too far for fun and it will cost a lot of money. Theres a few hundred hours planning . BP may take the opprtunity for sponsorship. I will investigate the possability of filming human interest/adventure doco for syndication.
Not dependent on the former coming to fruition,but anything to offset the cost would have to be good.

Your Ideas,Comments,Advice,Expressions of Inerest are welcome.

Gremlin
21st December 2008, 03:32
I think the bigger hurdles would be so far away, lack of relatively near support for maintenance/parts etc, unknown climate economically/socially/politically etc.

The Rusty Nuts are going to run a 10,000km in 10 day ride, so if you are used to distance riding, 14,000km is going to be cruisy... *checks calc* yeah, its 350km per day, not much at all, especially when you get closer to France on the motorways... (depending what route you are taking).

Ah, yes, I see where Vladivostock is... The hard part is Mongolia/China/the back and beyond, so my first comments are the issues.

Brownbikerbabe
21st December 2008, 04:08
I am planning on taking 3-4 weeks vacation and riding from the north of France (around Lille area) to the south of France (Marseille or Grenoble) in June, maybe I can join you for the France part. It would be great to ride with someone, I was going to look into some french associations and join their rides during my trek, don't want to be on the roads all alone! Haven't really started planning yet, still looking into bike rental places in France and international licensing...

James Deuce
21st December 2008, 08:21
Already been done by a couple of KBers just last year.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=46798&highlight=russia+dr650

Give them a yell, I'm sure they'll be happy to share their knowledge.

Louie
5th February 2009, 10:51
Hi, Im not sure when exactly. Im going through the visa process now. Maybe around July. If that dos'nt suit you dont wait for me. I would be happy just to "drop in" and say hello. Im building a list of contacts throughout Russia so I do'nt get too lonely along the way.
Thanks for your response, I did'nt know realize this forum was viewed globaly. Do you know of a similar site for Russia ??

Louie
5th February 2009, 11:12
Gremlin. Gixers dont break down. The route travels north from Vladivostok and stays in Russia untill I get to the other side. I want to avoid any Asian type countries. Thanks for the link to those people, everyone thats been there says the people are great and will bend over backwards to help you out. And check that chick from Canada - BrownBabe!, The trip would be worth it just to meet her. Then again they're all fluffy and shiney on the outside. I'll tell her Im gay so she dos'nt try to take advantage of me.