PDA

View Full Version : Bike restrictions/standards?

wbks
21st December 2008, 16:05
So I have looked on bucketracing.co.nz and get the engine restrictions but in terms of frame and wheels and suspension are there any hard rules? Like for instance could one completely fabricate his own frame for his bucket?

nudemetalz
21st December 2008, 18:21
Nope no rules or restrictions there.
Only applies to the engine.

Basically, if you're running at a Kart Track you have to have your bike nyloned in the slidable areas.

sedge
21st December 2008, 18:28
Build a monocoque frame out of chopping boards !

Sedge.

wbks
21st December 2008, 18:28
Huh? Nyloned? Only thing i noticed on slidables were plastic tubing and/or oggy nobs for pegs and bar ends etc... If thats what you were meaning then sorry...im a bit slow...
as for chopping boards... I was just thinking something like a simple little tube frame for a monoshock setup and nothing too abstract like chopping board composite:no:

nudemetalz
21st December 2008, 18:33
Sorry, should have clarified better.

Place your bike on it's side (both sides) and anything that touches the ground that could gouge the track should be nyloned (clutch and front brake levers are okay as they're soft alloy).
This includes bar-ends (you've obviously done) and the crash sliders on your bike are doing the trick too :niceone:

wbks
21st December 2008, 18:36
not my bike, just someones bike i was riding for a little bit on the day. Just working out wether it would be good to build my own or buy one

nudemetalz
21st December 2008, 18:44
In one way it is really cool building up a bike from a whole lot of different parts (like I did), but the easiest way is to buy a nearly ready bike (ie FXR150) relatively cheaply and go from there.

F5 Dave
22nd December 2008, 10:28
So I have looked on bucketracing.co.nz and get the engine restrictions but in terms of frame and wheels and suspension are there any hard rules? Like for instance could one completely fabricate his own frame for his bucket?
yes you could for example gut the engine out of a Desmosesi & fit a Lonchin & it would be bucket legal, but we'd probably have to push you over in the pits:shifty: Conversely you could make a frame. There have been surprisingly few, but I do remember a couple, most notably the hub centre steered Kawasaki Wheels built many years ago.

wbks
22nd December 2008, 11:56
Yea well there are no rules to stop cheaters apart from the engine so I figured the full carbon deal would see me some bad looks and vibes in the pits...... Not that I can afford anything more then a simple tube frame. I saw one that looked a lot like a custom frame at mt wellington the other day? Might have been R6 ( the member) or another guy.

Pumba
22nd December 2008, 12:44
There are a lot of very modified frames in auckland, modfied to take diffferent engines, rear shocks, front forks, and wheels.

Cant say I hve noticed any complety home made frames tho.

MNZ rule book outline the legalities of the classes.