PDA

View Full Version : Drz 400 sm - wanted

Alpha Solo
22nd December 2008, 07:28
Anyone seen any new one's in their local dealers?

Cheers in advance.

kezzafish
22nd December 2008, 15:56

Cheers in advance.

they were snapped up pretty quick mate. i had to pay for mine 4 weeks before i got it and that was the last one they could get. It's for sale now tho if your interested in one that's done 6000 ks

nallac
22nd December 2008, 17:02
i know one of our local dealers (Warkworth motorcycles) has got a second hand black one for sale.

Cajun
22nd December 2008, 17:17

Cheers in advance.

motogb in tauranga had one when in there week or so ago

Alpha Solo
22nd December 2008, 20:51
Cheers all,

I missed a couple down here last week, just sold a bike and dont wanna blow the cash on anything other than another bike! I was looking at exotics but have a KTM already and a DRZ which is bulletproof but would prefer the motard version to commute on (and act like a hooligan :devil2:)

orangeback
23rd December 2008, 12:08
filsgrave auto wreakers in filsgrave street has a new one with 27km in black he broght in from japan , its got a motomaster 320 front disc and braided lines ,and its local
http://www.4wdparts.co.nz/motorcycles.htm
http://www.4wdparts.co.nz/6198.htm
sure hes keen to get rid of it as hes had it for a year

Alpha Solo
23rd December 2008, 20:26
Cheers for the link mate, 1200km from new with a few frilly bits seemed a little suspect for an import?

Anyway, I rode one today and found the front seemed to get a little bit of speed wobble at around 125km - any ideas DRZ owners? Or could it be that the previous owner was a little heavier and the suspension was set up for him?

again cheers in advnace

AlBundy
24th December 2008, 03:35
Mine never had any issues. Was dead stable at 140...

Alpha Solo
24th December 2008, 06:57
Thanks Al.

I was riding it on a rural back road, maybe the steering head bearings need a little bedding in or something, the bike had only done 2k, I will have to sort out the suspension to suit my weight - I haven't experienced that feeling since I rode a skateboard down hill ... :blink:

Looking forward to a little 'commuter hooliganism' :innocent:

AlBundy
24th December 2008, 13:02
The KTM weaves at higher speeds... Saw 186 on speedo and it was weaving like a drunk bastard... I haven't got around to checking wheel allignment or forks etc but I'd like to sort it...

So yeah, may be something similar.

I do recall people on Thumpertalk saying the sumo'd offroad DRZ's were more unstable and prone to weaving...

Was it a weave or a wobble?

Could be no one bothered to balance the wheels after fitting tyres?

Alpha Solo
26th December 2008, 08:52
Cheers again Al.

I will get the beast into my garage for a little adaption, I've got a 400E which I will take the carb and header pipe off and a few other bits to wake the DRZ up a bit. oops looks like I might be buying one!

:innocent:

AlBundy
26th December 2008, 12:59
Why don't you just get wheels, etc. for yours? Or is your DRZ not street legal?

Alpha Solo
1st January 2009, 17:25
Picked up a near mint 08 in black yesterday, fitted a rear rack and then rode 650 km's south and back,

I gotta say I love this bike, it's bog standard (but I will be doing the usual stuff to it soon), been great for back roads etc... :niceone:

AlBundy
2nd January 2009, 03:21
Good to hear dude.

Hope it gets better when you put the bigger carb on.

Have fun, take it easy...

Alpha Solo
2nd January 2009, 05:54
Just off to do the Dusty Butt 1000, after which I shall return to fit the larger carb / pipe / airbox / jets / Vapour etc, but I am quite happy with the results at the moment.

Riding this made me feel 10 years younger!

:Police::nono:

AlBundy
2nd January 2009, 11:07
Yeah, they are fun... I can only imagine how good it could be with a bigger carb and maybe a big bore...

limbimtimwim
2nd January 2009, 11:39
Anyway, I rode one today and found the front seemed to get a little bit of speed wobble at around 125km - any ideas DRZ owners? Or could it be that the previous owner was a little heavier and the suspension was set up for him?Mine did that.

Sit back in the seat.

Or was that forward? Can't remember. I suspect it is the front mud-guard doing it.