PDA

View Full Version : Work argument...

Fatt Max
22nd December 2008, 13:17
Bit of a discussion going on around here (as well as a few bevvies and something that smells slightly Morrocan...)

Anyway, can any of you fine people out there settle an argument.

Why does asparagus make your piss stink?

Big Dave
22nd December 2008, 13:19
Bit of a discussion going on around here (as well as a few bevvies and something that smells slightly Morrocan...)

Anyway, can any of you fine people out there settle an argument.

Why does asparagus make your piss stink?

A large dose of Vitamin B does so too.

If you want to turn it into something useful factwise - mega doses of Vitamin B will make you immune to South Island/Fiordland sandflys and midges.

Dose up a week before you tour and you are pungent to the blighters.

Naki Rat
22nd December 2008, 13:21
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asparagus#Asparagus_and_urine

wbks
22nd December 2008, 13:22
It's to teach you to not be such a yuppie eating that crap

MsKABC
22nd December 2008, 13:23
wikipedia is your friend :niceone:

The effect of eating asparagus on the eater's urine has long been observed. Marcel Proust claimed that asparagus "...transforms my chamber-pot into a flask of perfume." Certain compounds in asparagus are metabolized giving urine a distinctive smell due to various sulfur-containing degradation products, including various thiols, thioesters, and ammonia. Derivatives of asparagusic acid are also found in urine. The speed of onset of urine smell has been estimated to occur within 15-30 minutes of ingestion. Observational evidence from the 1950s showed that many people did not know about the phenomenon of asparagus urine. It was originally thought this was because some of the population digested asparagus differently to others, so that some people excreted odorous urine after eating asparagus, and others did not. However, in the 1980s three studies from France, China and Israel published results showing that producing odorous urine from asparagus was a universal human characteristic. The Israeli study found that from their 307 subjects all of those who could smell 'asparagus urine' could detect it in the urine of anyone who had eaten asparagus – whether or not they could detect it in their own. Thus, it is now believed that most people produce the odorous compounds after eating asparagus, but only about 22% of the population have the autosomal genes required to smell them.

Stirts
22nd December 2008, 13:33
Just like to state for the record that asparagus also taints other bodily secretions, and there is a scientific term for it......... asparajism

Stirts
22nd December 2008, 13:38
A large dose of Vitamin B does so to.

and gives you psychedelic yellow pee!!

If you want to turn it into something useful factwise - mega doses of Vitamin B will make you immune to South Island/Fiordland sandflys and midges.

I thought you said midgets....although I can see how that would work too...being eye to eye with the ....ok I stop now

Big Dave
22nd December 2008, 13:40
I thought you said midgets....although I can see how that would work too...being eye to eye with the ....ok I stop now

Did someone put you up to that?

Stirts
22nd December 2008, 13:43
Did someone put you up to that?

oh how I larf......

yes

Slyer
22nd December 2008, 13:44
The awesome thing about this day and age is that you don't have to wonder, you can actually find all of this stuff online.
Finding answers to all lifes questions requires minimal research.

In previous years you had to research and ask around a lot or just say "I guess we'll never know." :)

pixc
22nd December 2008, 14:35
Just like to state for the record that asparagus also taints other bodily secretions, and there is a scientific term for it......... asparajism

um...broccoli to..apparently :msn-wink:

Oakie
22nd December 2008, 14:36
If asparagus made your farts smell of asparagus, would that be aspara-gas?

Slyer
22nd December 2008, 14:51
*Rimshot* </tenchar>

Stirts
22nd December 2008, 15:06
*Rimshot* </tenchar>

best you practice your aim then.....girls don't like it when you miss!

SARGE
22nd December 2008, 15:08
and gives you psychedelic yellow pee!!

I thought you said midgets....although i can see how that would work too...being eye to eye with the ....ok i stop now

i hate those little bastards.. Always walking around with their nose in everyone's business...

Slyer
22nd December 2008, 15:13
I hope you know both meanings of the word.
(and that all depends on girl)

Stirts
22nd December 2008, 15:27
i hate those little bastards.. Always walking around with their nose in everyone's business...

Well if it was a male midget, I know I wouldn't be complaining :innocent:

I hope you know both meanings of the word.
(and that all depends on girl)

RIMSHOT - the badum-CHING of the drum after a joke. Usually a cheesie one.

OR

Ejaculation into a vagina, anal cavity, or even mouth, but like in basketball, netball etc. Your shot goes in off the rim.

And of course it depends on the girl, some like pearls some don't :shifty:

pixc
22nd December 2008, 15:28
RIMSHOT - the badum-CHING of the drum after a joke. Usually a cheesie one.
OR
Ejaculation into a vagina, anal cavity, or even mouth, but like in basketball, netball etc. Your shot goes in off the rim.
And of course it depends on the girl, some like pearls some don't :shifty:

huh..is THAT what its called

Stirts
22nd December 2008, 15:31
huh..is THAT what its called

I read it somewhere :whistle:

Slyer
22nd December 2008, 15:34
You have style stirts.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rimshot

saul
22nd December 2008, 15:43

Really :gob: I better sort myself:whistle::hug:

Stirts
22nd December 2008, 15:54
You have style stirts.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rimshot

Doncha love that site :love: It is the only dictionary I use!

I better sort myself

That is what Naughty is for you ninnie!