PDA

View Full Version : I dropped my bike

Charlie41
22nd December 2008, 21:43
I'm so pissed:angry2:

Don't get me wrong, I didn't ever WANT to drop my bike, but I figured that when it does eventually happen, it'll be a spectacular crash!!
Now, instead, I dropped it in front of the garage!?!?!
I feel so stupid. :Oops:

bart
22nd December 2008, 21:46
Shit..........I do that every other day.

Buy one without so much plastic.

KiwiKat
22nd December 2008, 21:46
Bummer. For momments like these you really need a camera to remember it later and laugh. Hope the bikes OK.

Ocean1
22nd December 2008, 21:47

Don't get me wrong, I didn't ever WANT to drop my bike, but I figured that when it does eventually happen, it'll be a spectacular crash!!

Veeery few can say they've never done it.

And they lie. :yes:

Just avoid the other sort eh? It is optional y'know.

PirateJafa
22nd December 2008, 21:48
Better than highsiding and flipping off a corner at 100km/h!

Yes, you don't have any awesome Xrays, but at the same time your bike is still rideable. Happens to most people from time to time, so sigh and shine her back up.

Then get back riding! :ride:

captain_andrey
22nd December 2008, 21:53
spectacular crash!!

Looked spectacular from where I was.

Now lighting up a ciggy with the petrol still everywhere, that was first class :first:

Subike
22nd December 2008, 21:58

thats not droppin your bike!
It just wanted to lie down and grovel at you feet.;)

Charlie41
22nd December 2008, 21:59
Looked spectacular from where I was.

Now lighting up a ciggy with the petrol still everywhere, that was first class :first:

a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!!!
smoking made me feel better...well, i think it was a combination of petrol fumes and smoke :Oops:

hang0ver
22nd December 2008, 22:35
Hmmm... I think I'll join in & own up too...

Some time last week, late for work (as usual, but even more so), pull out of the garage, rush to kick down the stand and jump off to shut the door... Didn't kick the stand far enough, leaned over and wondered why the bike kept going... Eased it onto its side nice'n'smooth like.

Swore a lot, picked it up & rode to work.

Hard times for CBR's huh Charlie?

pixc
22nd December 2008, 23:37
ahhh. Wait until you drop it outside the mechanic shop...then have them run out and peel it off ya. :Oops:

Thats a doozie when that happens!

Mort
22nd December 2008, 23:40
never treat a bike as precious. It protects you from feeling so bad when this happens and makes owning it more fun.

racerhead
23rd December 2008, 04:44
It happens to the best of us so hope the bike wasnt damaged much.
I managed to drop my bike on top of me because I totally forgot to put down the side stand:bash:

carver
23rd December 2008, 05:27
quick, mods, someone has crashed, quarrantine this thread as per site rules!

Nasty
23rd December 2008, 06:25
hope the damage ain't too bad Charlie ... :)

vifferman
23rd December 2008, 07:41
We all know how you feel. :o
Don't fret too much.
A couple of years ago, I dropped mine on the road outside my house, waiting to turn into the gargre. Unfortunately, it fell on the blue catseye in the middle of the road, so not only did it get scratched, but the catseye cracked the clutch cover.

I dropped my second to last bike (stand folded up) on my father-in-law's car when I moved it. Had to take the car to the panelbeaters and pay $500 for the dent to be taken out and sprayed.

I dropped my very first bike in the owner's rose garden when I was test-riding it. :Oops:

BOGAR
23rd December 2008, 08:33
Gas station one very cold and early morning, pulled in and stopped but didn't put foot down. Hadn't had the bike long and there wasn't a scratch on it before. Very sad, embarrassed and annoyed. Been there done that but I'm not hoping for the spectacular crash. I hope it is easy to fix.

madbikeboy
23rd December 2008, 09:18

I saw a knob on a gixer ride his bike onto the trailer, and then he put his foot down where the floor wasn't and tipped over. In front of about 100 witnesses who all laughed at me.

Stupid. I was using my jet-ski trailer, and a habit of years is riding the ski onto the trailer (ever tried lifting a pole ski after hours of racing, you're lucky if you can lift your arms without help...) - so as I sat on scoot, I had a mental brain fart and rode her up.

Still, that's the only time I've damaged a road bike, and in many years, that's not a bad effort. Now, dirt bikes, holy shit - what is it about dirt bikes and trees??

Ixion
23rd December 2008, 10:35
The trees move. I'll swear to it. They wait until you're looking the other way then leap at the bike. The trees run into the bike, not the other way round. Bloody things shouldn't have a licence.

madbikeboy
23rd December 2008, 10:49
The trees move. I'll swear to it. They wait until you're looking the other way then leap at the bike. The trees run into the bike, not the other way round. Bloody things shouldn't have a licence.

It's so true. They wait, crouched, in the same position for a hundred years, and then jump out at you at the last possible second.

ducatilover
23rd December 2008, 12:02
i droped the spada the other day. maybe i shouldnt have got my boot caught while i hoped off infront of my house. but i now know im a retard and my boot is stronger than my foot peg. :drool: made me feel like a complete twat.

Ocean1
23rd December 2008, 12:12
i droped the spada the other day. maybe i shouldnt have got my boot caught while i hoped off infront of my house. but i now know im a retard and my boot is stronger than my foot peg. :drool: made me feel like a complete twat.

Remember dem Levis with serious flares? Remember kickstart levers?

Yup. Smack in the middle of town, in peak traffic.

ducatilover
23rd December 2008, 12:34

now thats a good giggle haha

Deano
23rd December 2008, 12:45
I've done it. Except I made it to the end of the road. Spent more time gearing up than riding that day.

vifferman
23rd December 2008, 12:58
It wasn't just kickstart levers - they could get seriously caught up on footpegs too (especially on trailbikes), and bicycle chains'n'sprockets absolutely loved the taste of flared jeans.

vifferman
23rd December 2008, 12:59
You shouldn't ride when you're pissed - you could drop your bike.
Or did you get pissed because you dropped your bike? Alcohol does help numb the pain a little...

varminter
23rd December 2008, 14:12
Left work, forgot to clock out, went round the block, got back, levered down the side stand....but not far enough, went almost over with the bike revving like mad as I still had my hand on the throtle. Almost got it upright before anyone noticed, almost<_<

prettybillie
23rd December 2008, 15:49

crash knobs.............great solution for next time it happens - and there will be a next time

CB ARGH
23rd December 2008, 17:24
I dropped it in the garage one time when I was just being a dick with the sidestand, didn't notice it wasn't all the way down and the bike just gave into gravity. Other time was in Rotorua 300KM away from home. Dropped the bike at 0km/h again, almost shat myself thinking I'd broken something and would have to get my oldies to pick me up!

You learn from your mistakes, whatever you did, I'm sure you won't do it again.

Charlie41
24th December 2008, 17:01

It wasn't just kickstart levers - they could get seriously caught up on footpegs too (especially on trailbikes), and bicycle chains'n'sprockets absolutely loved the taste of flared jeans.

:laugh:
I can just imagine that....
I have very little experience with kick start bikes, but have a scar on my shin to prove that I've tried it?!?!? (dont ask)

You shouldn't ride when you're pissed - you could drop your bike.
Or did you get pissed because you dropped your bike? Alcohol does help numb the pain a little...

Well, bit of both...pissed cause I dropped it.....and um, well, I had a big night so was kinda hung over :o

hayd3n
24th December 2008, 17:26
Shit..........I do that every other day.

Buy one without so much plastic.

or become a plastics fabricator (hehe)

Ixion
24th December 2008, 18:45
I can vouch for the fact that the passage of years has not made kickstart levers any less devious, or altered their obsessional desire to get up trouser legs.

Swoop
24th December 2008, 19:03
At least it was a Honda and not a gixer! They like to fall over when near a corner...

MotoKuzzi
24th December 2008, 19:11

Yep, one and only time i ever dropped a bike. Dropped my '67 Trophy in the middle of a gravel road while trying to kickstart it, lucky no one to see me. Sooo, uncool. :shit:

GrayWolf
24th December 2008, 22:07
First bike...... Suzuki K10 80cc big flared jeans snagged the footrest......... over both went.