PDA

View Full Version : So who else is working this Christmas?

firefighter
24th December 2008, 10:14
Just seeing who els out there is working over the break........Meh, working another x-mas day, oh well hopefully all will be quiet!

firefighter
24th December 2008, 10:21
At least I have new years eve off, working new-years day instead!!!!

dipshit
24th December 2008, 10:22
Yep, getting up at 5:30am tomorrow to start another 6 day round of 12 hour shifts.

Jantar
24th December 2008, 10:25
Yes, and no. I get Xmas day off this year, then work Boxing day onwards.

racerhead
24th December 2008, 10:26
Im not working but would prefer to be working because theres not much else to do for the day(read that as I dont drink:laugh:)

fridayflash
24th December 2008, 10:28
not workin christmas day, but everyday before and aft until the end
of january, being self employed i generally knock off at the mere sniff
of a holiday and go riding or bum around drinking etc but duty calls this
year sadly lol

firefighter
24th December 2008, 10:29
(read that as I dont drink:laugh:)

And your from where???????:shit: :laugh: man thats like being the only gay in the village! lol

BiK3RChiK
24th December 2008, 11:12
Yep, I work the summer holidays every year! Every year I vow and declare that this'll be the last.... Alas! Here we go again...

racerhead
24th December 2008, 11:31
And your from where???????:shit: :laugh: man thats like being the only gay in the village! lol

Ha ye was waiting for someone to spot my location. Its not that I never drink I just get into my head that Im not drinking and do that for a few months then go back drinking again, kinda crazy but works for me:yes:

firefighter
24th December 2008, 11:32
Ha ye was waiting for someone to spot my location. Its not that I never drink I just get into my head that Im not drinking and do that for a few months then go back drinking again, kinda crazy but works for me:yes:

fair enough but a funny time of year for it don't you think?

racerhead
24th December 2008, 11:40
fair enough but a funny time of year for it don't you think?

Ye funny enough alright but I still go out to pubs and stuff just dont bother drinking. Most of my friends think Im nuts the way I do it. This time last year I was pretty much a part time alcoholic and it was great fun but cant seem to enjoy it this year. Ah well another month or two and Ill be thirsty again then all hell will break loose:Punk:

FJRider
24th December 2008, 11:44

And you would know what that's like... ??? :innocent:

firefighter
24th December 2008, 12:37
And you would know what that's like... ??? :innocent:

Shhhh, don't tell everyone! :shutup::laugh:

AlBundy
24th December 2008, 12:41
Working today and tomorrow, as well as next week 31st and 1st... With a few in between...

martybabe
24th December 2008, 12:51
Not working this Christmas, no bugger will employ me :confused: but as a Firefighter, I worked 19 out of twenty Christmases. The only one I had off was when we were on strike.

Have a good one FF, I know it sucks but I for one sleep a little easier knowing people like you, the Ambos, nurses etc are out there watching our backs. :drinkup:

scumdog
24th December 2008, 12:55
Christmas day off - woohoo! :Punk:(unlike last year!!)

But working New Years eve.<_<(just like last year)

Gubb
24th December 2008, 13:04
This will be the first Xmas day that I haven't worked in 7 years.

w00t.

AD345
24th December 2008, 14:26
Taking my first Christmas off in 21 years :2thumbsup

House is full with rellies and kids and grandkids and my cup runneth over

FJRider
24th December 2008, 15:10
Not working this Christmas, no bugger will employ me :confused: but as a Firefighter, I worked 19 out of twenty Christmases. The only one I had off was when we were on strike.

Have a good one FF, I know it sucks but I for one sleep a little easier knowing people like you, the Ambos, nurses etc are out there watching our backs. :drinkup:

AS DO WE ALL... even if we dont know it, or admit it... :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Gremlin
24th December 2008, 15:12
Yes and no...

Officially, I'm not working, but there is work that needs to be done, that isn't magically going to get done... so I'm still working, and will probably do a bit between chrissy and new years, coz come new years day, I'm riding for 13 days in the SI :jerry:

Disco Dan
24th December 2008, 15:34
First christmas and new years i'm not working doubles/triples shifts right through in about 8 years.

portokiwi
24th December 2008, 16:15
I am on call for xmas day got boxing day off but working after that.
Got leave from the 10th Jan for two weeks

Motu
24th December 2008, 16:40
For the first time in 13 years I am being paid to take time off at Xmas! As an employeer Xmas time is when you have to shut up shop and have no income,and then pay your workers not to come to work and earn money.So now just by working for someone for a year,they have to pay me not to come to work for 4 weeks!!!!! Holy shit,this employee shit is a good lurk eh? Thank you Helen Clark for 4 weeks paid holiday per year - keep your fucking cottin pickin hands off that one John Key!!!!

Ghost_Bullet
24th December 2008, 17:11
Will be putting in some work time tomorrow, and then 3 or 4 days off. I was working Sunday, but offered the day to one of our loyal workers, at least they get paid overtime... I dont on salary.

flame
24th December 2008, 17:33
Yep, 7am start tomorrow. bleh.

Never mind when I crack open a bottle of wine tomorrow night its gonna go off with a bang!:woohoo:

Unit
25th December 2008, 06:05
A month off starting yesterday, nice to have a job these days where the industry shuts down at this time of the year. :clap:

CrazyFrog
25th December 2008, 06:34
I'm working Xmas and Boxing starting at 05:30am, uuuurrrggghhh! Why do soooo many people wanna fly on Xmas day? More of the same till 31 Dec.
Then 5 days off at New Years, ride time:Punk:

Nagash
25th December 2008, 09:56
Get Today off and boxing day, then working 2 days then i'm free till the 3rd of next year.

It's good working in an industry where where evryone spends their money on drugs and alcohol, means they're poor enough to want to do shifts all the time.

Oh the life of a Chef.

I do have to ask though.. it's been ridiculously busy this past week, why is it when people get a day off around christmas time, including christmas eve, do people swarm to an over-priced cafe? Go shopping or something..

Trouser
25th December 2008, 15:16
Government job. Got three weeks off. Wouldn't call it working when I'm there either.

DingoZ
25th December 2008, 15:20
Yup working xmas day. Boxing Day. New Years Day as well.......:)

End up slightly :crazy: and a little :yawn: and then completly :wacko:

But I would rather be working than out on the roads somewhere....Too much carnage going on at the moment...

Stay safe all, and be merry

wickle
25th December 2008, 19:40
Yip working every day only Sundays off if everyone turns up. NO HOLIDAYS allowed 17th Dec . thru till 17th Jan but got a good ride planned for 17th Jan

RT527
25th December 2008, 20:14
Well I guess you can say I had to work on Xmas day.....mind you it wasnt like for thew whole day or anything.....Bloody mva on xmas day 1 person trapped, not real serious injurys but enuf to be a bit of a dampner we had him outta the car in about 20 mins. so was around an hours work for us, from responding to the siren to getting there( 12 min drive to get there) extricating him then clearing road to returning to station.

Was just glad it wasnt a fatal.

Im just glad that there is people out there that are willing to work on xmas day to try and help out in an emergency so to all you paid staff, I wish you a good xmas and an equally great new year.

Toaster
25th December 2008, 20:30
Im just glad that there is people out there that are willing to work on xmas day to try and help out in an emergency so to all you paid staff, I wish you a good xmas and an equally great new year.

Agreed. Big ups to those working on the holidays dealing with all the crap out there while the rest of us drink, eat and get laid.

festus
26th December 2008, 02:56

Yeah and I'll try and get y'all some oil (petrol) to put in your vehicles to get you to where you want to be.

Started on the 15th Dec, off on the 7th jan......least most of you get home for a beer and see your families after work, I'm stuck in the middle of the Bass Strait :cry:

Big Dog
29th December 2008, 11:33
Nope and better yet, I am redundant.

Woot woot for the payout! Redundcy official as of boxing day.

mstriumph
29th December 2008, 11:45
at the risk of sounding like a dweeb .... i'd like to say 'thank you' to all the essential service peoples on here who routinely work xmas and other public holidays to keep things running for the rest of us .......

so

THANK YOU!!! :sunny:

[yeah - i know - i DO sound like a dweeb ....... *sigh*]

Kiwi Graham
30th December 2008, 18:34
Got the stat days off otherwise working